SIDEBAR #39 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up in PA I don't remember many snow days. The buses had chains on them and off you went regardless of snow or sub-zero temps. Winter lasted up to 5 months.

Why did they not decide to call school off for today? Do they not do that where you live?

Everyone who is in the path of this storm, I hope you are well prepared to stay home and your shelves are well stocked. Be safe! Be warm. Keep us posted. Sounds like it will hit hard and accumulate fast.

Beats the heck out of me why they decided against closing today. They've been closed other days when we've had less snow on the ground than we do already. I'd just keep him home but he's proud of his perfect attendance record and wants to go. :(

Growing up in PA I don't remember many snow days. The buses had chains on them and off you went regardless of snow or sub-zero temps. Winter lasted up to 5 months.

I hear you. My DH and I used to live in North Dakota. Minus 30 degrees and a foot of snow just meant giving yourself an extra 15 minutes to get where you needed and were expected to go.

I agree. It used to be that a little snow won't kill ya. Having just moved back to north cantral PA, everyone seems to have thinner skin these days.

Snow in southern PA, on the other hand, was always good for a major panic. You would think the newspapers were always running headlines like, "Family of Skeletons Found Huddled Around Empty Milk Jug".

:scared:

Beats the heck out of me why they decided against closing today. They've been closed other days when we've had less snow on the ground than we do already. I'd just keep him home but he's proud of his perfect attendance record and wants to go. :(
We almost never had snow days off from school, either, and with only one car for the bread-winner we walked that mile or so to school. But these days they seem to close if a cloud sneezes. Times have certainly changed.

Congratulations to your son for being dedicated. It will serve him well.

heheee.... Lamby forgot to close this thread. New thread is going strong. Come on over......

Exactly, about your son. I feel the same way. He's going on 13, and our one and only. I literally cannot imagine living without him. Thankfully Flores and his family seem to have large and loving support network.

---------
Hope, large family etc. didn't matter. When our son died I died inside. Many yeas have passed but it is like yesterday. Part of my being is gone. The day he was born was the happiest day of our lives. truly for me there is no life. I go thru the motions. I have his daughter and his grandson. Momma found a new love.:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname