SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Zuri, Bernina, YoN, JtD, and other WS Friends.

I was off the grid for a week on the coast of Mexico doing a little whale watching...no computer, no tablet, no cell phone and no ChOCK FULL OF NUTS!!!

Thanks for missing me and my "special blend".

Back to sentencing countdown (15 days)

Y/N, this is absolutely perfect. So beautiful. Thank you very much. If we can, I would like to use this during mom's service.

Thank you everyone for all your kindnesses.

So glad you like that Ytube- it's a favorite of mine and I hope to have it played at my funeral. It gives such comfort to those who are left behind to mourn for their loved ones, IMO.

Please take care of yourself now. :blowkiss:

FYI: Here are the words:

ANNIE HASLAM
"Going Home"

Going home, going home
I'm just going home
Quiet light, some still day
I'm just going home
It's not far, just close by
Through an open door
Work all done, care laid by
Going to fear no more
Mother's there expecting me
Father's waiting, too
Lots of folk gathered there
All the friends I knew
All the friends I knew
I'm going home
Nothing's lost, all's gain
No more fret nor pain
No more stumbling on the way
No more longing for the day
Going to roam no more
Morning star lights the way
Restless dream all done
Shadows gone, break of day
Real life begun
There's no break, there's no end
Just a living on
Wide awake with a smile
Going on and on
Going home, going home
I'm just going home
It's not far, just close by
Through an open door
I am going home
I'm just going home
Going home, going home
[Repeat]

(set to the music of Dvorak's 9th Symphony, third movement)

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/annie_haslam/going_home.html

Oh wow, Spellbound. Sometimes all a person needs to do is take care of unfinished business or see their family members one last time........and that's all they need.
My dad did that. Within 24 hours after my lil' bro's and my visit, he was unconscious, never woke up, and died 9 days later. The doc had been talking hospice for the next 2-3 years...........I guess my dad was just waiting for us to show up?

Just take it slow, kiddo, and be good to yourself.:heartbeat:

Spellbound (((hugs))). Tough time

Niner, heroic journey. Cannot imagine the pain of a small one's death on the boat. Our ancestors did so much for future generations. Would I do the same? Hope so.

Did some clean up on the ol' geezer..........shaved his legs, lol!

DSC03171(1).jpg

This one is for all his ladies.........

DSC03176(1).jpg

You can see ol' Zuri has made a mess of his tail and I roached his mane a dew months back cause she was chewing on that too, the little booger!

And this one holds my soul..........

DSC03180.jpg

....and not going to forget Zuri Monster!!!!

DSC03182(1).jpg

Tomorrow I have an adventure out in the "other" boonies rounding up some geese to bring home. If I get back in time, I'll post pics.
They're called Sebastopols, but we just call them "toilet paper geese". I've lost all but one over the last few years, time to get the flock up again.

And debating whether to incubate the 4 swan eggs Juan and Juanetta laid the past 10 days, they are NOT good setters. Going to have to set up the jumbo 'bator. Kinda silly just incubating 4 eggs when this thing will hatch 480 chicken eggs or 36 emu eggs.:thinking: Nope, NOT going to go there, swan eggs or nothing!

Attachments

• DSC03173(1).jpg
    DSC03173(1).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 273
Enjoying your pics, Bernina.

Y/N, I already printed out the words. Priceless at this time.

You are all the most special people to know. Thank you so much.

View attachment 71915

Tomorrow I have an adventure out in the "other" boonies rounding up some geese to bring home. If I get back in time, I'll post pics.
They're called Sebastopols, but we just call them "toilet paper geese". I've lost all but one over the last few years, time to get the flock up again.

And debating whether to incubate the 4 swan eggs Juan and Juanetta laid the past 10 days, they are NOT good setters. Going to have to set up the jumbo 'bator. Kinda silly just incubating 4 eggs when this thing will hatch 480 chicken eggs or 36 emu eggs.:thinking: Nope, NOT going to go there, swan eggs or nothing!

Again, has Steely been hanging around your babies???? RBBM

Spellbound. My deepest sympathy is the passing of your mom. Remember the good times and know she is happy and free.

View attachment 71915

OK Bernina, I'll bite....just how does one "round up some geese"? ....inquiring minds, etc.

So sorry Spellbound :hug:
May she rest in peace :candle:

[video=youtube;2MVRdrIbDgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MVRdrIbDgQ[/video]
I first heard this song in that old movie with Olivia de Havilland, The Snake Pit. A hauntingly beautiful song that stayed in my head for days.

Dear Spellbound, so sorry to hear of you losing your mom. Blessings and prayers. :grouphug:

Spellbound, I am So very sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers of Comfort and Healing go out to you and your family. Many Hugs~

Am up watching an old Lon Chaney silent film , The Penalty. I've never been a silent film fan, but this is quite good. As a boy, a doctor amputated his legs by mistake, how horrible :(
And as an adult he's shown with no legs below the knee, but walking around with the aid of crutches. Ok, how did they do that back in 1920? So read on imdb that they actually tied back his legs , but as it was painful he could only tolerate it a few minutes at a time, and it caused permanent damage to his legs. :sheesh:

Oh, and back on topic, has this already been posted here ? :seeya:

Arias and her Minion
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.in/2015/03/aria-is-worse-than-some-thought.html

Hey Zuri, Bernina, YoN, JtD, and other WS Friends.

I was off the grid for a week on the coast of Mexico doing a little whale watching...no computer, no tablet, no cell phone and no ChOCK FULL OF NUTS!!!

Thanks for missing me and my "special blend".

Back to sentencing countdown (15 days)

Sounds like you had a 'whale-of-a-good time'! So glad your back...missed your count down :)

Whew! Busy weekend...Sat. granddaughter's birthday. Sunday special church services, then went with the family see the hockey game. Great fun weekend.

After a cold snap all last week with cold rain and spittin' snow the warm front has moved in...highs in the upper 60's and 70's all week!! Woooohoooo

Bernina...your passion about your horses is awesome :) I grew up with quarter horses. My granddad and uncle always had horses. The love of horses has spilled over to my cousins and the next generation. One of my cousins and her husband raise and train Tennessee Walking (show, breed, and sell). Many blue ribbons. Another cousin works with quarter horses.

I so enjoy your humor, your pics and your little life stories you kindly share with us. Thank you

OK Bernina, I'll bite....just how does one "round up some geese"? ....inquiring minds, etc.

Is it like herding cats? (... :thinking: ... don't know of a poster that is called "roundupsomegeesse" but I do know Herding Cats :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500