SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
1960 - Go, Jimmy, Go - Jimmy Clanton tops the charts on this day. Niner, do you have this one? I honestly don't think I've ever heard it before.

How our snowbound friends? Everyone nice and warm? A big pot of spicy hot chili (there are no beans in Texas chili) on the stove, and a pan of cornbread in the oven? I've made fresh green tea and made my 32 ounce mug just right with lemon and sweet and low and a spring of fresh crunched mint. If have trouble getting enough fluids (eight glass of water a day) if you have a 32 ounce mug sip/drink two of them through out the day and you'll feel better. It may seem hard at first, but start sipping on it and it you'll surprised at how good you're feeling, you face may break out getting rid of crude in your body, but you feel great. I also keep a mug with ice water on my nightstand at night for when I wake up for just a sip, or the one where your thirsty. Any other fluids are included in that 64.

In spite of the blizzard, it seems many are enjoying all this snow. On the news they're showing kids out in the sunshine sledding and having fun. Now, we'll get to see how all this snow will cause flooding.

Daisymae, do you know the reason for the Holocaust?

[video=youtu;-7DCsV-5IaM]http://youtu.be/-7DCsV-5IaM[/video]

Jimmy is a friend of mine on Face book. Send him a request. He loves his fans!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006987674990&fref=ts

Hey!

Yea, I know - I should have just let that post slide... :D

Watching the AFC Championship! GO BRONCOS!!! :cheer:

and than at 3:30pm will be the NFC Championship game - Carolina Panthers vs. Arizona Cardinals! GO PANTHERS!!! :cheer:

I hope you all are enjoying your day today! :loveyou:

Posting a picture of my brother and I in front of the Latvian concentration camp "Salaspils" - it means Island Castle...

:seeya:
editing to add: the Words above the arch at entrance says: "Behind these gates the Earth moans" ; there is a place back there where there is a heart beat that you hear from the Earth... :(

Attachments

• image_020.JPG
    image_020.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 56
I laughted till I cried reading this! I know Niner will get a kick out of it LOL

The Fart That (Almost) Altered My Destiny

http://hahasforhoohas.com/the-fart-that-almost-altered-my-destiny

Ok my friends. I shouldn't post this... but I'm going to, as I have been dying to tell somebody because I laughed so hard I cried.
I started smoking again (I know) and I have never smoked in my house.
I always go outside as I have a big front porch, with 3 chairs and a small table for my ashtray. I walked out one morning about 9 am and was standing at the end of my porch. I let the loudest fart you have ever heard...all the sudden I heard all this rustling in my shrubs (next to porch) and :laugh: out flew a beautiful red cardinal. :hills:
I scared that bird to death!!!

*It was so loud I actually looked around to make sure none of the neighbors heard me. :blush:

Hey!

Yea, I know - I should have just let that post slide... :D

Watching the AFC Championship! GO BRONCOS!!! :cheer:

and than at 3:30pm will be the NFC Championship game - Carolina Panthers vs. Arizona Cardinals! GO PANTHERS!!! :cheer:

I hope you all are enjoying your day today! :loveyou:

Posting a picture of my brother and I in front of the Latvian concentration camp "Salaspils" - it means Island Castle...

editing to add: the Words above the arch at entrance says: "Behind these gates the Earth moans" ; there is a place back there where there is a heart beat that you hear from the Earth... :(

Great pic Niner! Do you still have you lovely long hair?
Better yet, does your bro still have those yellow/orange socks? :giggle:

Ok my friends. I shouldn't post this... but I'm going to, as I have been dying to tell somebody because I laughed so hard I cried.
I always go outside as I have a big front porch, with 3 chairs and a small table for my ashtray. I walked out one morning about 9 am and was standing at the end of my porch. I let the loudest fart you have ever heard...all the sudden I heard all this rustling in my shrubs (next to porch) and :laugh: out flew a beautiful red cardinal. :hills:

*It was so loud I actually looked around to make sure none of the neighbors heard me. :blush:

:hilarious: Oh, Dmacky, it is so refreshing when we can actually laugh at and with ourselves!! You go, girl! Give those guys some competition!

24 hours later........(and with no help from snowplows).

Attachments

• IMG_20160124_190007.jpg
    IMG_20160124_190007.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 64
baseball-cap-smiley.gif
- just checking in before signing off for the night! :eek:nline:

Oh! :laughcry: and I've wanted to use this emoticon for a long time:
farty-smiley.gif
:lol:

Great pic Niner! Do you still have you lovely long hair?
Better yet, does your bro still have those yellow/orange socks? :giggle:

Yes, my hair is still very long - but have been debating with myself if I should cut it... :thinking: I haven't "seen" a short haircut that would look good on me - I did have short hair when I was younger - if anyone remembers a hair cut called the "Sassoon" ?? I'll see if I can find one of myself and post it - but - the Huz likes my long hair - so that is a consideration of having it cut! :)
And yes, my bro probably does STILL have those socks!! LOL! He has quite the collection of BRIGHT colored socks! When he visited here last September, he found some very bright socks at Marshalls! He IS an Artist, ya know! :D

only 3/8 of an inch today! Next storm coming thru next Friday! We have green grass!! Surprising, as we don't have grass per se! LOL! But everything is so nice and green now! Love the rain!!! :happydance:

and see you all back here tomorrow! God willing!
bye-smiley.gif

edited to add: okay - here's a picture from the late 60s/early 70s - can't remember when! :D Got it cut by a "master" hair stylist - Jon Peters (once married to Barbra Streisand!)! And yes, wearing contacts! :)

Attachments

• Clipboard25.jpg
    Clipboard25.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 66
baseball-cap-smiley.gif
- just checking in before signing off for the night! :eek:nline:

Oh! :laughcry: and I've wanted to use this emoticon for a long time:
farty-smiley.gif
:lol:

Yes, my hair is still very long - but have been debating with myself if I should cut it... :thinking: I haven't "seen" a short haircut that would look good on me - I did have short hair when I was younger - if anyone remembers a hair cut called the "Sassoon" ?? I'll see if I can find one of myself and post it - but - the Huz likes my long hair - so that is a consideration of having it cut! :)
And yes, my bro probably does STILL have those socks!! LOL! He has quite the collection of BRIGHT colored socks! When he visited here last September, he found some very bright socks at Marshalls! He IS an Artist, ya know! :D

only 3/8 of an inch today! Next storm coming thru next Friday! We have green grass!! Surprising, as we don't have grass per se! LOL! But everything is so nice and green now! Love the rain!!! :happydance:

and see you all back here tomorrow! God willing!
bye-smiley.gif

edited to add: okay - here's a picture from the late 60s/early 70s - can't remember when! :D Got it cut by a "master" hair stylist - Jon Peters (once married to Barbra Streisand!)! And yes, wearing contacts! :)

That pic is SOOO 1960's! You rocked that hair style! :)

Daisy...I followed your link to WS thread about the Holocaust. Do you want to start a new more general discussion thread? I don't see any obvious forum for it to go, but there must be an appropriate place somewhere here.

I'd be very interested to hear any of the stories your father might have told you about being there as a liberator. Many US servicemen who were there never spoke about what they saw. Too horrible; many were traumatized by the experience.

What was especially heartbreaking in every way was that one response US liberators had was to offer survivors any and all food they were carrying, which often meant chocolate bars. A horrifying number of those imprisoned in concentration camps, who had somehow managed to stay alive until liberation, died within days afterwards because their bodies couldn't tolerate the food gifts offered to them by their compassionate liberators.

Daisy...I followed your link to WS thread about the Holocaust. Do you want to start a new more general discussion thread? I don't see any obvious forum for it to go, but there must be an appropriate place somewhere here.

I'd be very interested to hear any of the stories your father might have told you about being there as a liberator. Many US servicemen who were there never spoke about what they saw. Too horrible; many were traumatized by the experience.

What was especially heartbreaking in every way was that one response US liberators had was to offer survivors any and all food they were carrying, which often meant chocolate bars. A horrifying number of those imprisioned in concentration camps who managed to stay alive, somehow, until liberation died within days afterwards because their bodies couldn't tolerate the food gifts offered to them by their compassionate liberators.

Yes, I think we should start a new general thread about the Holocaust and I'll give you the honor of doing so.

Thanks for your information!

If you read all 5 pages of the trial you'll see where I posted about my dad's experience there. He, too, would never talk about it.

Yes, I think we should start a new general thread about the Holocaust and I'll give you the honor of doing so.

Thanks for your information!

If you read all 5 pages of the trial you'll see where I posted about my dad's experience there. He, too, would never talk about it.

Thanks. I'll go read it now.

Read it. I'm sorry your father was one of the many traumatized. That he was Jewish had to have increased his pain immeasurably.

The Holocaust survivors I worked with had all experienced and learned to live with excruciating survivors' guilt. All of them told me at one point or another that there was no answer other than luck why they survived when virtually everyone around them did not. It is a very difficult burden for anyone to bear, that kind of "luck." Maybe in one way or another your father felt this burden too?

Hi y'all :seeya:

My BW is high again, so I will be missing from the SB for a while. :sigh:
I'll be back as soon as I can.

Just FYI about my BW problems:

10 Facts about Satellite Internet and Fair Access Policies

http://www.internetserviceproviders...-satellite-internet-and-fair-access-policies/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
Yesterday at 12:02pm ·

A message from Chris Hughes [Travis' friend]:
"So happy to be able to share the Light, Love, Life and Legacy of my good friend Travis Alexander on the Dr. Phil Show. Will be taping the show Wed. in Los Angeles. It will air in February. If you knew Travis/know others who did, I hope you'll pass this on, so we can all get another dose of the one and only T-Dogg! Love you Brother! Please keep watching over all of us, and I'll catch you on the flip side my man!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU EVERY DAY!!!!"
UPDATE: Juan Martinez will also be on the show.
--

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
4 hrs ·

UPDATE: Tanisha Sorenson and Juan Martinez will also appear on Dr Phil with Chris Hughes. Taping is this Wed. and it will go to air in Feb.
Please check the LIKE and NOTIFICATIONS tabs to receive confirmation of the date.
‪#‎Justice4Travis‬ ‪#‎TravisAlexander‬
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. I'll go read it now.

Read it. I'm sorry your father was one of the many traumatized. That he was Jewish had to have increased his pain immeasurably.

The Holocaust survivors I worked with had all experienced and learned to live with excruciating survivors' guilt. All of them told me at one point or another that there was no answer other than luck why they survived when virtually everyone around them did not. It is a very difficult burden for anyone to bear, that kind of "luck." Maybe in one way or another your father felt this burden too?

Yes I think he probably did carry something of a burden. I'd like to add that his family was not from Germany or any areas where the Jews were rounded up. His mother immigrated from Russia around the late 1890s and his father also from Russia in 1902. His dad was being chased by the Cossacks and had a very close call before boarding a ship heading to the US.

image.jpg

I picked up Knox's ashes on Friday before the snow. The lovely people that cremated him had him placed in the handmade mahaghony box. He is now in my Family Room, sitting on the "Civil War" table, which has been in my family for over 200 years. The large visible black burn rings were made by the Union soldiers' coffee pots. They used the Plantation house as a hospital and did not burn it down.

So Knox lays in a place of honor and heritage. The brass plaque will read:

Northern Lights "Knox"
1/9/05-1/9/16
Heart Horse and Best Friend

image.jpg

My daughter and Knox in happier snow times.

My dear Aunt fell yesterday and fractured her back. She is 85 yrs old. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

On a happy note, my 2 daughters, granddaughter, and great granddaughter are flying out to Disney World today. They have already left and will be home next Saturday. Lizzy gets to eat with Cinderella and then she gets the full treatment of dressing up like her favorite princesses. In her case it will be Queen Elsa from Frozen. They are staying at the Disney 'Toy Story' Hotel. Some little girl is sooooo excited!!! I know the bigger girls are just as excited, too!!!

Oh no, that's terrible, poor dear soul. :( In my thoughts and prayers now. (((hugs)))

And what fun for your family, I and my family love Disney World. What a wonderful time. :happydance:

What?!!!? Oh Dmacky, I can't stop laughing. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

attachment.php

I picked up Knox's ashes on Friday before the snow. The lovely people that cremated him had him placed in the handmade mahaghony box. He is now in my Family Room, sitting on the "Civil War" table, which has been in my family for over 200 years. The large visible black burn rings were made by the Union soldiers' coffee pots. They used the Plantation house as a hospital and did not burn it down.

So Knox lays in a place of honor and heritage. The brass plaque will read:

Northern Lights "Knox"
1/9/05-1/9/16
Heart Horse and Best Friend

attachment.php

My daughter and Knox in happier snow times.

Oh Zuri, it is so heartbreaking. :cry: But what a precious remembrance, and such a beautiful pic too! That's amazing about the history of the table, me and my DH love antiques and to learn the history behind them. Anyway, love and hugs to you, I'm so very sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500