SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuri, you have a very nice display arranged for Knox. Over the years, I hope you come to feel the bond again, and lessen the lost feelings you carry now. The table is beautiful.

baseball-cap-smiley.gif
- just checking in before signing off for the night! :eek:nline:

Oh! :laughcry: and I've wanted to use this emoticon for a long time:
farty-smiley.gif
:lol:

Yes, my hair is still very long - but have been debating with myself if I should cut it... :thinking: I haven't "seen" a short haircut that would look good on me - I did have short hair when I was younger - if anyone remembers a hair cut called the "Sassoon" ?? I'll see if I can find one of myself and post it - but - the Huz likes my long hair - so that is a consideration of having it cut! :)
And yes, my bro probably does STILL have those socks!! LOL! He has quite the collection of BRIGHT colored socks! When he visited here last September, he found some very bright socks at Marshalls! He IS an Artist, ya know! :D

only 3/8 of an inch today! Next storm coming thru next Friday! We have green grass!! Surprising, as we don't have grass per se! LOL! But everything is so nice and green now! Love the rain!!! :happydance:

and see you all back here tomorrow! God willing!
bye-smiley.gif

edited to add: okay - here's a picture from the late 60s/early 70s - can't remember when! :D Got it cut by a "master" hair stylist - Jon Peters (once married to Barbra Streisand!)! And yes, wearing contacts! :)

Oh Niner, you are so pretty! What I wouldn't give to have your hair. Don't cut it!! I am so envious. But I will say, I love the short haircut too! You have nice thick hair. My hair has always been very fine < (yes FINE, but not in a pleasing manner fine) definitely not in a good way :wink: My hairdresser had always told me I had fine hair, but that I had a lot of it. HAD being the operative word.
My hair was always my best asset. Natural blonde, and always fixed before I left the house. In 2009 I was taking a shower and while I was putting conditioner on my hair, I noticed stands of hair in my hands. A lot of hair. That was the beginning.

Every time I combed or brushed it, it was all in the comb. When it was dry, I could see strands all over my clothes. It wasn't clumps, but rather complete strands with the little white bulb from the root. If I ran my hands through it, there was always 9 or 10 stands in my hand. :eek: I went to the Dr. and he ran complete tests on me. Everything was fine, thyroid etc. The only difference was I had started on a beta blocker about 2 months before. I researched it and it seemed that was the culprit. Even though I stopped taking it, I found out that once you start with the "hair fall" it will continue with the complete cycle anyway. OMG... I lost a lot of hair that summer. Then about a month so ago it started again. No different meds, all testing repeated and fine. It is like a slow torture... long stains with the bulb attached everywhere.

With my hair being so light, you can't see it on my kitchen floor, and my computer is also in the kitchen. But every time I use my Swiffer, I am horrified at all of my hair and have a panic attack. :frown:
I want my hair back!!!! :tantrum: I can't do anything with it now as it is so thin. I'm terrified I will soon look like George Costanza.

Oh yeah Niner, I know exactly who Jon Peters is and I remember when he was married to Barbra Streisand. I didn't know he was a hairdresser though, but he was quite a bit younger than Barbara. I always thought he was handsome and I adore Barbara Streisand. I saw her once when me and a friend went to Ca. (We where only 19 or 20) We were driving/stalking by her house, and her gates opened and she drove out. We followed her and when stopped at red-light she was right beside us :heart:
ETA ~
At least your brother matched his neon socks with his shirt...LOL

Dmacky, what a strange thing to happen with your hair. I do wish you could know what caused it.

You don't stand near your microwave when it is running, do you? I had a cousin lose all the hair on one side of her head. After many tests and ruling out everything, it was discovered her microwave was emitting some rays (not sealed properly?) and she would stand in front of it waiting for her coffee or water or whatever to heat up, and that was causing her hair loss. I know it is only a wild shot for you, though.

Of course, what I wouldn't give to have no hair to fuss with most of the time. I have fairly thick hair, but it has NO body or style, and I refuse to get another perm.... they only last a short time before it starts to grow out and no longer looks like I prefer. Sigh .... never satisfied.

View attachment 87975

I picked up Knox's ashes on Friday before the snow. The lovely people that cremated him had him placed in the handmade mahaghony box. He is now in my Family Room, sitting on the "Civil War" table, which has been in my family for over 200 years. The large visible black burn rings were made by the Union soldiers' coffee pots. They used the Plantation house as a hospital and did not burn it down.

So Knox lays in a place of honor and heritage. The brass plaque will read:

Northern Lights "Knox"
1/9/05-1/9/16
Heart Horse and Best Friend

View attachment 87976

My daughter and Knox in happier snow times.

Oh Zuri :hug:
You have had such a terrible year (2015) My heart aches for you.
What a lovely tribute to you have made for Knox. He was one lucky horse to have had you in his life. He was a beautiful horse, and these pictures are amazing. Was that your daughter and Knox jumping in a pic I saw awhile back?

They look like they adore each other in this picture. How is she doing? I assume she loved Knox as much as you did :frown:

Seems like your dear vet Dr. Louise Southwood was truly fond of Knox, and I am happy to see the way Knox will be able to help with other horses with colic through this new research. :grouphug:

Morning all! :wave:

Oh Niner, you are so pretty! What I wouldn't give to have your hair. Don't cut it!! I am so envious. But I will say, I love the short haircut too! You have nice thick hair. My hair has always been very fine < (yes FINE, but not in a pleasing manner fine) definitely not in a good way :wink: My hairdresser had always told me I had fine hair, but that I had a lot of it. HAD being the operative word.
My hair was always my best asset. Natural blonde, and always fixed before I left the house. In 2009 I was taking a shower and while I was putting conditioner on my hair, I noticed stands of hair in my hands. A lot of hair. That was the beginning.

Every time I combed or brushed it, it was all in the comb. When it was dry, I could see strands all over my clothes. It wasn't clumps, but rather complete strands with the little white bulb from the root. If I ran my hands through it, there was always 9 or 10 stands in my hand. :eek: I went to the Dr. and he ran complete tests on me. Everything was fine, thyroid etc. The only difference was I had started on a beta blocker about 2 months before. I researched it and it seemed that was the culprit. Even though I stopped taking it, I found out that once you start with the "hair fall" it will continue with the complete cycle anyway. OMG... I lost a lot of hair that summer. Then about a month so ago it started again. No different meds, all testing repeated and fine. It is like a slow torture... long stains with the bulb attached everywhere.

With my hair being so light, you can't see it on my kitchen floor, and my computer is also in the kitchen. But every time I use my Swiffer, I am horrified at all of my hair and have a panic attack. :frown:
I want my hair back!!!! :tantrum: I can't do anything with it now as it is so thin. I'm terrified I will soon look like George Costanza.

Oh yeah Niner, I know exactly who Jon Peters is and I remember when he was married to Barbra Streisand. I didn't know he was a hairdresser though, but he was quite a bit younger than Barbara. I always thought he was handsome and I adore Barbara Streisand. I saw her once when me and a friend went to Ca. (We where only 19 or 20) We were driving/stalking by her house, and her gates opened and she drove out. We followed her and when stopped at red-light she was right beside us :heart:
ETA ~
At least your brother matched his neon socks with his shirt...LOL

Oh that's terrible about your hair! My hair isn't that thick - maybe back when that picture was taken, but now it has NO body - completely straight! Yea, I tried perms too, Spellbound - but WAY to curly for me! LOL! Especially when my mother did those "home perms" back in the day! Yikes! LOL!

My brother was friends with Barbra back in the day! I got to ride in her limo once! Oh what fun! :D

What a great picture of your daughter and Knox, Zuri! :luv:

Did not sleep well last night - and am sooooo tired! UGH!

Have a dentist appointment later today, as my front tooth is just about ready to fall out - I could probably pull it out myself, but NOT!!! Hoping to get a bridge instead of dentures - probably be cheaper too! I'll see what the dentist says - if my remaining teeth can be saved and just need another bridge... I hate dentists.... :scared:

Oh YESorNO - you KNOW you're going to be missed here!! :loveyou:

Later! :seeya:

Dmacky, what a strange thing to happen with your hair. I do wish you could know what caused it.

You don't stand near your microwave when it is running, do you? I had a cousin lose all the hair on one side of her head. After many tests and ruling out everything, it was discovered her microwave was emitting some rays (not sealed properly?) and she would stand in front of it waiting for her coffee or water or whatever to heat up, and that was causing her hair loss. I know it is only a wild shot for you, though.

Of course, what I wouldn't give to have no hair to fuss with most of the time. I have fairly thick hair, but it has NO body or style, and I refuse to get another perm.... they only last a short time before it starts to grow out and no longer looks like I prefer. Sigh .... never satisfied.

No, I don't but what a weird thing for your cousin! Who knew?? That's interesting for sure. I know I have stood close to my microwave a few times, but not very often. It is in my kitchen though, and I spend the majority of my day in here. :thinking: Very interesting Spell!! Now for sure I'll be out of this kitchen the next time I turn that thing on!

I haven't seen coffej today. She's usually here very early. I hope she is ok!

Little Deorr Kunz's parents have finally been named suspects in his disappearance. What is the world coming to.... :cry:

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crim...-parents-suspects-his-disappearance/79301014/
Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told KTVB that Jessica Mitchell and Deorr Kunz Sr. have been "less than truthful" since the investigation began.
"They refused to give us any further information to clear up the untruthfulness and they've changed their story on numerous occasions," he said.

Bowerman said he believes DeOrr's parents know where he is and whether he is dead or alive.

Dmacky, have you tried Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner? It will help retain your hair and encourage hair growth. Hormones have a huge influence on hair loss as well as medications. Sometimes lab results don't indicate the cause. The Nioxin works well should you choose to use it. Xo

Thanks to all of your for allowing me to share my grief process with you. I cried after I posted those pictures, just out of the blue. Your compassion and thoughtful caring responses have helped so very much. I feel "safe" here which is why I post things I never share with anyone else.

I speak of you as "my friend" by name to my family and friends as you are such a big part of my life. Some ask how I know you and I try and explain, but the look of doubt on their face is obvious. It is like "How can you be friends with people you have never met"? I have met you. I know your hearts and what matters to you. I know that in both happy and sad times, we are here for each other. Isn't that the definition of friend?

You are loved.

Thanks to all of your for allowing me to share my grief process with you. I cried after I posted those pictures, just out of the blue. Your compassion and thoughtful caring responses have helped so very much. I feel "safe" here which is why I post things I never share with anyone else.

I speak of you as "my friend" by name to my family and friends as you are such a big part of my life. Some ask how I know you and I try and explain, but the look of doubt on their face is obvious. It is like "How can you be friends with people you have never met"? I have met you. I know your hearts and what matters to you. I know that in both happy and sad times, we are here for each other. Isn't that the definition of friend?

You are loved.

Thank you so much, Zuri.

BBM - Yes, me too, that's how I feel. Isn't it wonderful? Aren't we lucky!!???

Viva la vida - viva la SBar!!

Thank you all for being here, sharing, helping, inspiring, joking!

You are loved.

I feel exactly the same way about Sidebar. Everyone is "my friend" here. They have been with me through a lot of ups and downs. know I can always come here for laughs and tears and hugs and prayers. Whatever we need, it always gets offered.

Those tears out of the blue are your love for your Knox, always in your heart. It's OK. :therethere: We love you, Zuri.

You are loved.

BBM

I do the same thing. And, I get the same looks. Oh, well.

We are family here, and since we "meet" together daily, perhaps we're in some ways closer than many in our real families. And above all, we truly care about one another.

Thanks for honoring us by trusting us and feeling safe enough here to share your grief, Zuri. I know I speak for others in saying that you are much beloved by all of us.

Dmacky, have you tried Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner? It will help retain your hair and encourage hair growth. Hormones have a huge influence on hair loss as well as medications. Sometimes lab results don't indicate the cause. The Nioxin works well should you choose to use it. Xo

Thanks for the tip on Nioxin, Zuri. My hair was called "baby fine" as long as I remember and is thinning due to a prescription I'm taking. I stopped using a brush and now use a thick comb and am not losing too much anymore ... and I get frequent haircuts to keep it somewhat short. Nioxin is on my shopping list. :)

Thank you Zuri!! I sent my daughter to my hairdressers and I am excited to try it.
I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago, everything except my ovaries. I hit menopause a couple of years later. My hair didn't start falling out 6 years ago in June of 2009, but my lord my face is so dry that I can put Vaseline on it and 2-3 hours later it has soaked in! Do you or anyone else know of a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin (face) I have tried so many moisturizers and I still can hardly get makeup on fast enough, because the moisturizer soaks in so fast! I need help :frown:
Thanks for the heads up about hormones.

Hello my Sidebar Friends!

You are loved.

I feel exactly the same way about Sidebar. Everyone is "my friend" here. They have been with me through a lot of ups and downs. know I can always come here for laughs and tears and hugs and prayers. Whatever we need, it always gets offered.

Those tears out of the blue are your love for your Knox, always in your heart. It's OK. :therethere: We love you, Zuri.

BBM

I do the same thing. And, I get the same looks. Oh, well.

We are family here, and since we "meet" together daily, perhaps we're in some ways closer than many in our real families. And above all, we truly care about one another.

Thanks for honoring us by trusting us and feeling safe enough here to share your grief, Zuri. I know I speak for others in saying that you are much beloved by all of us.

Oh so TRUE!! Zuri - :hug: and here I am crying again looking at the picture of your daughter and Knox! But a Happy cry! :)

I say things here that I would never share with my close girlfriends - in fact, one called the other day, and asked if I had someone to share my feelings with regarding the Huz - and I said YES! But did not say it was my "imaginary" friends! LOL! You ALL have helped me thru this very difficult time... and I can't tell you how much this really means to me!

The sharing we do here is very special! Who would have thought!

:loveyou: you ALL!!!!!!

Hello my Sidebar Friends!

Oh so TRUE!! Zuri - :hug: and here I am crying again looking at the picture of your daughter and Knox! But a Happy cry! :)

I say things here that I would never share with my close girlfriends - in fact, one called the other day, and asked if I had someone to share my feelings with regarding the Huz - and I said YES! But did not say it was my "imaginary" friends! LOL! You ALL have helped me thru this very difficult time... and I can't tell you how much this really means to me!

The sharing we do here is very special! Who would have thought!

:loveyou: you ALL!!!!!!

BBM

You are so right! Even my closest friends or family don't get the privilege of knowing me like you all do! My go-to place for everything. And I save the cost of a therapist I may have never trusted.

Niner, I so love how you post words of kindness to everyone .... and send the same love and support right back at ya!

Thank you Zuri!! I sent my daughter to my hairdressers and I am excited to try it.
I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago, everything except my ovaries. I hit menopause a couple of years later. My hair didn't start falling out 6 years ago in June of 2009, but my lord my face is so dry that I can put Vaseline on it and 2-3 hours later it has soaked in! Do you or anyone else know of a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin (face) I have tried so many moisturizers and I still can hardly get makeup on fast enough, because the moisturizer soaks in so fast! I need help :frown:
Thanks for the heads up about hormones.

Dmacky, I, too, am dealing with hair falling out, plus really dry skin.

I can run my fingers through my hair and wind up with a handful (sexy, huh). And what winds up the shower drain looks like someone was scalped. But I don't think you'd know it to look at me, and it still feels pretty full. Perhaps just a natural sloughing off of old hair follicles? I dunno...

As to the dry skin, I too feel like a SPONGE. Watching TV, recently I've seen commercials about treatments for "crepe-y" skin. That pretty much describes my whole physical being! I don't think any amount of moisturizer would make a difference, plus, I hate how it makes my bed linens so gross. Saw an article recently about dry body brushing (with natural bristles). I'm going to look into that...

So much for aging with grace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member