Sidebar Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case of the two year old, no one had seen him alive for I think 2 weeks..don't quote me. IMO...Cover up story.

In Lisas case, DB never admited she was drunk until I believe the lawyer came onto the scene. I felt like he was setting the tone for a trial through the media. If DB was drunk, it gives her an out to remembering anything..hearing anything. Isn't it funny how JI comes home at 4:00 am. DB..."jumps" out of bed. She seems to recover well from her drinking binges. Two things that stood out to me, Lisa was ill and they brought a stray cat inside the home. Cats have a tendacy to curl up on babys face smothering them. How ill was Lisa?

My first reaction is anger towards the parents..our children are paying for the sins of the parents. My heart also aches for these innocent children, teens and adults. Also for the parents who have lost loved ones by any means. Thats why I love TM so much. He has devoted his lifes work to finding the missing..Big G has a special place for that man!
Thats also why I dislike JB, hes a con artist who chooses to win at all cost. No matter who he hurts he just keeps spinning tales at the expense of an innocent child.
I still believe the good people of the world outweigh the bad. It is scary to see so many who have forgotten honesty is always the best policy. Vinnie has been on a roll this week, his passion is refreshing for a TH...jmo

Anyone else have a sweet tooth?

dessertbar4.jpg

http://www.monniecakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dessertbar4.jpg

5155609146_e4eab87bda.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5155609146_e4eab87bda.jpg

Enjoy!!

Totally. Thank you Harmony :seeya:

Agree and it's just plain scary. Although I do think we have moved into a period in society where personal responsibility is at an all time low...but the trend you speak of is really there...:sigh:
How Lisa's mom thought "adult time" meant drinking yourself out cold with a ten month old child in the crib I will never understand...

Everything is handed out to us on a platter in this day and age, and there are so few consequences to any of our actions.
Worst part is, seems those who deserve the least flexibility in a modern system get the most.
I believe people have forgotten what it's like to take any responsibility for themselves ... it's become more convenient to find some sort of scapegoat.

I believe people have forgotten what it's like to take any responsibility for themselves ... it's become more convenient to find some sort of scapegoat.

Laurie, I fully agree with you. If people had to take responsibility for their actions and situations in life, heck they would have to think for themselves. And we know the powers that be do not want the masses thinking for themselves.

Laurie, I fully agree with you. If people had to take responsibility for their actions and situations in life, heck they would have to think for themselves. And we know the powers that be do not want the masses thinking for themselves.

Well Schu7 you weren't talking to me but if we actually were thinking for ourselves, then the powers that be wouldn't be the powers that be - now would they? :seeya:

Well Schu7 you weren't talking to me but if we actually were thinking for ourselves, then the powers that be wouldn't be the powers that be - now would they? :seeya:

It was an open thought. Now your thought line is a wee but dangerous. People have been known to disappear for less..........

Heck look at the 12 idiot jurors here. 11 of them gathered around a gym teacher for direction. And he lifted iron weights with more brains then he had.... just saying and all. Of course this is just my own opinion.........:seeya:

It was an open thought. Now your thought line is a wee but dangerous. People have been known to disappear for less..........

Heck look at the 12 idiot jurors here. 11 of them gathered around a gym teacher for direction. And he lifted iron weights with more brains then he had.... just saying and all. Of course this is just my own opinion.........:seeya:

Oh heck, Schu7 - we're in Canada - we can say anything we like and call it Occupy whatever!! :maddening:

Why would they occupy us? They own us. Just saying............

I also believe that Casey Anthony being found Not Guilty has not only made it easier for parents to kill their children, but they learned exactly how they can kill their children and get away with it.

1) Claim the child has been kidnapped. The more recent cases learned that the best way to keep up the farce of an actual kidnapping is to say the abduction was a "stranger" abduction. One of the major pieces of evidence against Casey was the fact that she lied about someone she knew taking Caylee and LE proved that the person never existed... along with many other things. (Still can't believe she was found Not Guilty:banghead::banghead:)

2) After the intial interviews with LE... Lawyer up and Shut up. Refuse polygraph tests... do not cooperate with LE... etc...

3) Keep up the farce long enough that the child's body, if ever found, will be completely decomposed and cause of death cannot be determined. Since people (the jury and Casey supporters) obviously find it completely acceptable for the remains of a small child to be thrown out into the woods like trash... it shouldn't be too hard to wait a few weeks or months until there is nothing but bones left.

If we've learned anything from Caylee's case... that if with all the evidence against Casey Anthony could get her off on murdering Caylee... anyone can... and these parents know it.

Notice how each story gets more and more creative?? It's almost like a competition. It makes me so sick!!

Hi - How are you all doing? I miss how it was so crowded on here but I don't miss the stress. Just checking in today to see if Orlando had given fca the key to the city yet. They should just do it and get it out of the way. While they are at it they could name the area in front of the courthouse after Jose. Things I will never forget nor understand: Jose pampered by court during trial, fca allowed to sit in lowered chair, Jose's opening statement not objected by State or someone anyone (the woman that yelled out in court at jury selection had more B@ll's than all the men in the courtroom excluding JA and FG), Larry King interview with the Anthony's, fca being allowed to give a sworn depo in disguise and have her puppet plead 5th for her --- Geraldo saying fca guilty basically until acquittal and then super glued to genius jb & innocent fca, JVM I wonder if she had some sort of breakdown during the trial because I have no clue what she is trying to say about anything anymore & don't think she does either, and how the queen of interviews BW googooed over JB and totally lost my respect - I'm not dwelling on the above - JB fca CM BW GR CA & GA are not news worthy and I am oh so happy that I don't see them nor hear them mentioned.
Anyway, miss all you brilliant WS'ers.
Oh I forgot to add how the court decided to leave the county to look for some village idiots

Hi - How are you all doing? I miss how it was so crowded on here but I don't miss the stress. Just checking in today to see if Orlando had given fca the key to the city yet. They should just do it and get it out of the way. While they are at it they could name the area in front of the courthouse after Jose. Things I will never forget nor understand: Jose pampered by court during trial, fca allowed to sit in lowered chair, Jose's opening statement not objected by State or someone anyone (the woman that yelled out in court at jury selection had more B@ll's than all the men in the courtroom excluding JA and FG), Larry King interview with the Anthony's, fca being allowed to give a sworn depo in disguise and have her puppet plead 5th for her --- Geraldo saying fca guilty basically until acquittal and then super glued to genius jb & innocent fca, JVM I wonder if she had some sort of breakdown during the trial because I have no clue what she is trying to say about anything anymore & don't think she does either, and how the queen of interviews BW googooed over JB and totally lost my respect - I'm not dwelling on the above - JB fca CM BW GR CA & GA are not news worthy and I am oh so happy that I don't see them nor hear them mentioned.
Anyway, miss all you brilliant WS'ers.
Oh I forgot to add how the court decided to leave the county to look for some village idiots

Bravo :clap: to your post.
Reguarding my bold. There is NO WAY I'd put up with that garbage. I'm having grave doubts about ANY and ALL attorney's, courts and whatever for letting this behavior continue over and over again.
Uh-O...Feeling the effects of the full moon. Time to try to back away from the keyboard.

Why would they occupy us? They own us. Just saying............

LOL are you not having camp-outs in your city? Tent cities protesting whatever? Ours in Vancouver have just gotten ridiculous and I wish the city council would just pack them up and get them out of there before there is a real tragedy.

They have open fires, propane tanks in their tents, big tarps over three or four tents...ack - but no - we have a mayor who has no backbone and an election in three weeks so he's talking a lot to the media and doing noting...Oh yeah and the tent city is called Occupy Vancouver...sigh

I am by no means a Norma Rae..(aka LG)..LOL...but I have learned that I should never put anyone above myself. By that I mean lawyers, doctors..etc. are people just like all of us. Once you put anyone on a pedastal you open yourself up for disapointment. An example is MJ. Fans are speaking of him in a way thats disturbing to me. He was just a man with troubles. Some took advantage of him, he made bad choices for himself at times. He was just a man. Somes fans are giving him a position near Godlike. No one, especially in these times, are above the law or above suspicion. When I meet with my lawyer, he keeps his professional behavior. I understand this but I have also had personal conversations about his wife and daughter. I know hes a great dad. When I visit my doctor, her and I have known each other for years. I always give her the respect she deserves but we have had conversations on the difficulty of being a woman in a typically mans profession. We respect each other. When I sought counsling, she was my teacher. She opened my eyes to things I didn't even think of and helped me get through a divorce. She taught me that once you look to someone else for validation, your setting yourself up for possible heartache...jmo

I am by no means a Norma Rae..(aka LG)..LOL...but I have learned that I should never put anyone above myself. By that I mean lawyers, doctors..etc. are people just like all of us. Once you put anyone on a pedastal you open yourself up for disapointment. An example is MJ. Fans are speaking of him in a way thats disturbing to me. He was just a man with troubles. Some took advantage of him, he made bad choices for himself at times. He was just a man. Somes fans are giving him a position near Godlike. No one, especially in these times, are above the law or above suspicion. When I meet with my lawyer, he keeps his professional behavior. I understand this but I have also had personal conversations about his wife and daughter. I know hes a great dad. When I visit my doctor, her and I have known each other for years. I always give her the respect she deserves but we have had conversations on the difficulty of being a woman in a typically mans profession. We respect each other. When I sought counsling, she was my teacher. She opened my eyes to things I didn't even think of and helped me get through a divorce. She taught me that once you look to someone else for validation, your setting yourself up for possible heartache...jmo

BBM - er...huh?

Yes, I agree of course - the only problem I've found with "that attitude" is when you are irreverent - you definitely spend a lifetime with the label of "troublemaker" or rebel....

I have always been more interested in the person behind the mask than I am in the pedestal they are standing on..people and their motivations or drivers are endlessly fascinating..as is the eternal question.."why?"

BBM - er...huh?

Yes, I agree of course - the only problem I've found with "that attitude" is when you are irreverent - you definitely spend a lifetime with the label of "troublemaker" or rebel....

I have always been more interested in the person behind the mask than I am in the pedestal they are standing on..people and their motivations or drivers are endlessly fascinating..as is the eternal question.."why?"

Never irreverent LG..I have the utmost respect for people who invest so much time, effort , money and themselves to learn their trade. I will always address my doctor with her title. I know how much of himself my brother invested to become LE and how he truly believes in protecting the public. As usual I must clairfy...pain meds mess with my head, I hate taking them. Unfortunately we have seen how some in positions of power misuse their positions to get away with child molestation, murder, embezzlement, etc. There are people I have put my faith in, good honest hardworking people whom I have respect for. Theres nothing so heartbreaking to find your trust has been misplaced. All the children that have been molested, had their childhood stolen from them and spent so much of their adulthood trying to heal, make sense of a cruel and senseless act. The children whos lives have been taken in horrible ways, some maybe not understanding why the last face they saw before leaving this earth was their mother, the one person whos job it is to protect at all costs their childs life. I don't mean to be so serious but at times, when I see whats going on in the world, it breaks my heart. At times I get to a point when I stop watching the news, find something to make me laugh..anything like feasting on a picture of food!
People like many on WS, TM, anyone out there who fights for our children should be respected and supported. I truly believe sites like WS helps, it makes me feel like I can do something to help, develop friendships with most people I can only imagine what they look like through their posts. I really love your curiosity, I can relate. It's always fascinated me also why people do what they do, why are they the way they are. There may be a set of guidelines you can go by but I believe there are an endless combinations of reasons why. I'm an avid people watcher. I always wonder what that person is thinking, what kind of problems they face. I often find no matter who you are dealing with, you can always find some form of common ground to relate to them on. I have always driven my kids crazy, I've always enjoyed talking to people. Some appreciate a conversation and some just think I'm plain crazy. Nothing wrong with being a rebel with a cause and sometimes things are worth making a stink about. You just have to choose your battles wisely....I've often asked..imagine your body is a vehicle and your brain is the engine...whos driving?....:heart:

p.s. remember your meeting you attended, you sat and waited for the speaker to show up, he was late..you finally got up and walked out...Norma R.

... and on another note...

Is any one else wondering why anyone fro the DT hasn't inserted itself in this whole Penna mess? (fwiw - somehow this is all being reported as a SPORTS story - it "ain't no" sports story....)

Hugs Strawberry -

Hi everyone! :seeya:

I heard there was chocolate hanging around in here... :innocent:

I miss you guys. Like...a whole bunch. :heartluv:

Best sleuthers ever. Mean it. Nobody will ever take that from us. Not even the Pinellas 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname