Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayouland we will have to agree to disagree on this......
eight times trying to pass the bar?
He didn't fake mispelling IORNY...just sayin'

JB is cunning and stupid like a fox....that's all.

BBM
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

respectfully snipped...

I have to agree with you here Spice! (I'm SO agreeable this morning! LOL!) - I wish they would get rid of ALL these stupid reality shows on TV these days... come on - is anyone actually watching shows like "Hillbilly Catfishing", "Shrimpin'", "Housewife shows" "Ax Men" and I could go on... :floorlaugh:

"Shrimpin'?"

OMG! :floorlaugh:

I bet the jury watches that one.

Welcome to a peek through the veil of Websleuths Situation Room! (Don't speak to the man behind the curtain!) Wonder why everyone was meeting out side of the office/bar? Who found CA in the closet and what happened? AZLawyer always leaves her fur coat in the closet . . . .right? It must be just too warm to wear inside . . . . let alone AZ or FL (Just sayin'). You have given me such a visual Lola . . . . . love to hear more!

I may have to keep most names out of it... simply because some things happened that I know would make certain people very unhappy and it was just a dream afterall. I will say it was Beach who found Casey hiding in the closet. To put it lightly, it got really ugly. So ugly that Cindy showed up and wanted charges pressed on Beach, but John Allen (sorry Yuri girls, it was John Allen) would not take Beach in.

You would think that Casey would have learned her lesson after coming into contact with Beach, but she didn't. She came back the same day and in the same manner. Under the same fur coat. Another member (who shall remain unnamed because I know that this is NOT how they would act in real life if they ever came into contact with Casey Anthony) actually sat Casey down and talked to her very calmly. Casey really was very sweet, with her black eyes and all, and lied and lied and lied. Finally another unnamed member started going off on Casey... and I mean they were sceaming at her... and using a lot of F-bombs. Calling her a murderer. Letting Casey know that we all knew she murdered Caylee and that we wouldn't stop sluething her until she was locked up forever. Cindy was in the background screaming back... don't know what she was saying, but "Mother of the year" popped in there at one point. You know how Cindy is.

The media showed up and Webslueths made the front page... I don't remember the headline, but they had a picture of Casey wearing AZLawyer's fur coat and she had her black eyes.

Tricia was proud. :floorlaugh: Beach got a promotion? To what, I have no idea? Then we all got drunk... with Casey Anthony!! :truce:

It was just a dream...

ETA: I know there was more, I just don't remember?

I guess it takes a real virtuoso to play a cheap fiddle better than three others play a stradivarius.

Small correction:

Ashton, George, and Drane-Burdick played them like a Stradivarius.

Jose played them like a cheap fiddle.

Turns out they were cheap fiddles. No recognition of a concerto, but a deep kinship with some backwoods chicken screeching.

I guess it takes a real virtuoso to play a cheap fiddle better than three others play a stradivarius.

Or a really gullible and apathetic jury that just didn't care enough to see the glaring writing on the wall?

I believe it is said that some Attorney's only come across one high profile case in their carreer's, if that's true Baez will never have another one. So he will forever be known for the inept lawyer that he is.

Bayouland we will have to agree to disagree on this......
eight times trying to pass the bar?He didn't fake mispelling IORNY...just sayin'

JB is cunning and stupid like a fox....that's all.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Well now, I guess you do make a very good point!

JB and virtuous do not belong in the same sentence. JB is about as far away as you can get from being virtuous along with his "baby killing" client.

Agreed. He really didn't, for the most part, know what he was doing - although some of his motions were pretty good. But his line of questioning, phrasing of questions, arguments during motions, ridiculous opening argument, all of that was horrible.

I don't think he was folksy either. He came across as very oily, very phony and extremely dirty. Yet, 12 people loved him. He resorted to parlor tricks in lieu of actual lawyering and it worked. Shockingly, it worked.

And the fact that it did points to some real problems with our system. Finding 12 people plus alternates, ALL of whom fell for his scummy parlor tricks, and simpering demeanor, was not a fluke. It shows that the pool of those willing and/or able to sit on juries is often not the best. We need to do better.

Oily? That's a good one! :great:

I may have to keep most names out of it... simply because some things happened that I know would make certain people very unhappy and it was just a dream afterall. I will say it was Beach who found Casey hiding in the closet. To put it lightly, it got really ugly. So ugly that Cindy showed up and wanted charges pressed on Beach, but John Allen (sorry Yuri girls, it was John Allen) would not take Beach in.

You would think that Casey would have learned her lesson after coming into contact with Beach, but she didn't. She came back the same day and in the same manner. Under the same fur coat. Another member (who shall remain unnamed because I know that this is NOT how they would act in real life if they ever came into contact with Casey Anthony) actually sat Casey down and talked to her very calmly. Casey really was very sweet, with her black eyes and all, and lied and lied and lied. Finally another unnamed member started going off on Casey... and I mean they were sceaming at her... and using a lot of F-bombs. Calling her a murderer. Letting Casey know that we all knew she murdered Caylee and that we wouldn't stop sluething her until she was locked up forever. Cindy was in the background screaming back... don't know what she was saying, but "Mother of the year" popped in there at one point. You know how Cindy is.

The media showed up and Webslueths made the front page... I don't remember the headline, but they had a picture of Casey wearing AZLawyer's fur coat and she had her black eyes.

Tricia was proud. :floorlaugh: Beach got a promotion? To what, I have no idea? Then we all got drunk... with Casey Anthony!! :truce:

It was just a dream...

ETA: I know there was more, I just don't remember?

Oh gosh, too funny. I was going to suggest that OCA was looking for cash in AZ's fur coat but no she wanted the whole kit and kaboodal. I should have known. As far as everyone getting drunk with OCA I bet it was so that she would be arrested and have to serve the rest of her probation behind bars.

My dd watched that movie about Drew Peterson and had a dream about him.

I think it was just that the audience were tone deaf and didn't want to admit it so played safe by being non-committal. :twocents:

I believe it is said that some Attorney's only come across one high profile case in their carreer's, if that's true Baez will never have another one. So he will forever be known for the inept lawyer that he is.

I watched a LOT of experienced attorneys commenting on JB's performance, and read Richard Hornsby's analysis and they were all very similar. They felt he was an embarrassment to their profession.
RH summed it up best- "In my personal and professional opinion, Jose Baez is a moron."

The trial of Casey Anthony pumped millions of dollars in to the Orlando economy. I have seen reports (linked to in previous posts) that claim the amount of income generated was that of hosting the Super Bowl once a week during the entire trial.

And I do own property in Orange County, pay property taxes there, and no, my taxes have not been raised in any way, shape, manner, or form due to the trial. FLORIDA does not have state income taxes.

a trial that was sucking Florida tax payers dry for YEARS during a horrible recession

"Shrimpin'?"

OMG! :floorlaugh:

I bet the jury watches that one.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

We go shrimpin down here all the time :)
We even have shrimp boots to wear when we do yard work!
Don't compare us to those juror's please!!!!

I had the craziest dream last night... and I mean crazy!! A lot of you were in this dream as Webslueths was not just an online forum... I had actually stepped into Webslueths as it was now a real office. Tons of files, computers, evidence, books, papers, etc... I would say it resembled a law office and a nightclub in one as we had a bar (I can only assume it was the sidebar?) just outside the office where we would all meet up.

I don't know if I should go any further with this dream, as we had found Casey Anthony herself hiding in the closet underneath AZLawyer's fur coat? She was spying on us.

:floorlaugh: I'd have to agree - a "crazy" dream it was!! :seeya:

I watched a LOT of experienced attorneys commenting on JB's performance, and read Richard Hornsby's analysis and they were all very similar. They felt he was an embarrassment to their profession.
RH summed it up best- "In my personal and professional opinion, Jose Baez is a moron."

I have similar thoughts about his admirers and apologists.

I had the craziest dream last night... and I mean crazy!! A lot of you were in this dream as Webslueths was not just an online forum... I had actually stepped into Webslueths as it was now a real office. Tons of files, computers, evidence, books, papers, etc... I would say it resembled a law office and a nightclub in one as we had a bar (I can only assume it was the sidebar?) just outside the office where we would all meet up.

I don't know if I should go any further with this dream, as we had found Casey Anthony herself hiding in the closet underneath AZLawyer's fur coat? She was spying on us.

Did you recognize the 25 year old five foot 10, 120 pound model as me?

that....is BRILLIANT. all my WS dreams involve .....throwing frozen pizzas and stuff :blushing:

Frankly I don't think I'm alone in saying it is a wonder JA maintained the control he did (as well as HHJP, LDB and all the others) during the trial after dealing with JB and his puerile and unprofessional antics for three years before it even started. (JB's behavior was practically a perfect mirror of his client's throughout).

I've often thought that I'd have had to have been physically restrained more than once if I'd had to deal with the unethical tactics, disrespectful accusations, self-aggrandizing swill, devious lies, entitled dog-in-the-manger attitude, disorganized hearing appearances and unprofessional pathetically amateur motions that guy dished out over the years that made a mockery of the entire jurisprudence system in Florida. At the very least I'd have needed heavy medication.

I think they all deserve medals and combat pay for having to put up with it at all.

I soooo agree, there were times where it was actually like a circus and not a DP trial for the death of a little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph