Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-baez-he-wont-be-on-piers-morgan-tonight.html

“Mr. Baez has been canceled for this evening,” a CNN spokeswoman said.
She cited a scheduling conflict and added that the show was not booking Baez for a later appearance.

<snipped>

The show was not booking Baez for a later appearance - that sentence speaks volumes. The jig is up Mr B..... no one is buying your book and Piers Morgan's ratings are so low at the moment they need interesting people to attract an audience, not reptilian characters to alienate them.

I was wondering earlier today if Casey may have fired JB after an advance read of his book. Now I'm wondering if Piers Morgan was told there would be no interview with IT if JB is on. There are rumors out there that CNN has accepted a $1M deal to interview her but I don't put any stock in it. Have to wonder about his abrupt cancellation tho

Strawberry - you remember - she can't fire him because he "officially" resigned earlier in the year - I think it was January - and Mason was mumbling in November and December that he (Mason) was her lawyer and Baez's job was finished the day of the verdict.
We kept waiting for his "official withdrawal" or resignation that we eventually got.

I guess that was the day he signed the contract with the publisher.

OK, number one, shame on you for not providing a link. :what:

Number two, shame on me for briefly confusing "McKenna" with "Macaluso" in my mind and flashing back to a certain beach-helicopter-nude-romp-quickly-pulled-YouTube-video! :sick:

Hi ynotdivein! :seeya:

Ermm - wasn't she saying maybe it was a site that wasn't ...ermm..given the WS blessing and y'know - she is definitely someone who doesn't like to upset you and......:ufo: going now...

Frey was exposed as a fraud, particulary by Oprah because she had recommended his work. I don't recall exactly all the details but IIRC his book was on her book club reading list (or whatever it was called). Then when it was proven to be lies, she looked like a fool so she challenged him. Not sure I am remembering correctly but I think that's how it went down.

Something like that will have to happen to JB--someone challenging his tome of lies--for any noticeable backlash to happen to him. Either that or someone slandered in his book or in a public interview sues him. But will that ever happen? Will anyone in a position to challenge actually do it? And if anyone has a valid reason to sue JB, will they?

I am not holding my breath on either happening. But I will absolutely LOVE IT if it does.

James Frey wrote an "autobiography" called "A Million LIttle Pieces" where he outlines his struggle with addiction (heh heh). It was a huge scandal when many of the facts were proven to be untrue. He was a well known writer whose life shattered when that scandal broke, and he became a literary outcast and he's worked hard to put it back together again.

And he was just lying about his own life - never mind someone else's.

Baez is offering a 8x10 picture of himself
if you send him a picture of yourself holding up his book

------------------------
OMG!!! a free dart board! he has to be kidding.:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I just emailed The View - it's not a show I would ever watch anyway, but hopefully they will be the next to cancel.

Number two, shame on me for briefly confusing "McKenna" with "Macaluso" in my mind and flashing back to a certain beach-helicopter-nude-romp-quickly-pulled-YouTube-video! :sick:

Here you go.....
http://gossipextra.com/

this is the outfit that is offering $1000 for a photo of FCA in Palm Beach.
I'm sure they would sell it on for much more though...

LG I have to tease you about James Frey's struggle with "addition". I loved that book. I just e mailed The View also.

Wasn`t it something like "I think my father may have abused me too, I`m having dreams about it"..right.

And yay, I just read "The Baez law firm" webpage.

"Mr. Baez's practice has a particular emphasis on defending allegations of sexual assault against adults and children, Internet crimes, homicide, narcotics offenses, federal crime/white collar crimes, and DNA cases. He has extensive experience in successfully defending scientifically/medically intensive criminal allegations, including shaken baby syndrome, pediatric head injuries, sexual assault cases with medical evidence, and cases involving DNA evidence. Once called the most hated man in America, Jose A. Baez wears that title like a badge of honor."
Y
"When a person in our system of justice is charged with a crime, they cannot fight for themselves, they need a lawyer who will stand by them through thick and thin, not judge them and say Mister or Madam prosecutor in order for you to convict my client you are going to be in for the fight of your life."

ibm
And innocent people will be victims in this fight.
It does take a special kind to be a lawyer like this.

"Once called the most hated man in America....."?

Just what, exactly, does Jose think has changed??? :waitasec:

James Frey wrote an "autobiography" called "A Million LIttle Pieces" where he outlines his struggle with addition. It was a huge scandal when many of the facts were proven to be untrue. He was a well known writer whose life shattered when that scandal broke, and he became a literary outcast and he's worked hard to put it back together again.

Oh, LG...I know this is a serious post, but I had to chuckle about his struggle with addition. Can you imagine writing a whole book about that?

Jose Baez: He Won't Be On Piers Morgan Tonight

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainmen...

Were you hoping to see Jose Baez on this evening’s “Piers Morgan Tonight”?

Sorry. He won’t be on.

“Mr. Baez has been canceled for this evening,” a CNN spokeswoman said.

If I learn more, I’ll pass it along.

Baez is still scheduled for “The View” on Wednesday, and he takes part in an MSNBC documentary on Sunday.

I would like to take credit as I did send a scathing email this morning letting them know I immediately change the channel when I see his face.

Then again, I have been sending them for a year. When they tout him as a legal expert, it takes every thing in my power not to throw my TV out to the curb. I find him revolting.

LG I have to tease you about James Frey's struggle with "addition". I loved that book. I just e mailed The View also.

.....:silly: ........................:blushing:...........thank you!

Slinking back to edit my spelling....

I have a question for y'all since I don't frequent the Caylee threads too often;

Where did the info/speculation about FCA getting chunky come from? I mean, I totally believe it. FCA wasn't really coming across as a big health nut.

I just really want to know if it's true and if it is.....I WANT PICKSHURES!!!!

Sorry. I honestly don't even know why I care, but sadly, I do. So embarrassing.

OMG...i remember that..my eyes, my eyes!! Nah, didnt know how legit that site was...but i am sure if you google $1000 reward for YOU KNOW WHO it will get you close!!!

Oh, LG...I know this is a serious post, but I had to chuckle about his struggle with addition. Can you imagine writing a whole book about that?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: stop it: - I was just going back to edit it cause mac66 just commented and you've sent me off into fits of laughing again.

Deep breath - okay - heading back....

And god yes,a book about an obsessive compulsive accountant..:floorlaugh:

James Frey wrote an "autobiography" called "A Million LIttle Pieces" where he outlines his struggle with addiction. It was a huge scandal when many of the facts were proven to be untrue. He was a well known writer whose life shattered when that scandal broke, and he became a literary outcast and he's worked hard to put it back together again.

Yes, Frey's deception took him into a deep pit...as it should. But was it illegal? Did he get arrested and do time for publishing lies? Possibly someone sued him, which is about the only legal consequence a lying author faces.

It's an incredibly stupid thing JB is doing. People know the facts and there is documentation showing much of what he says is either embellished or just a flat out lie. Will he get away with it? Probably. But hopefully he won't get rich off it. And maybe, just maybe, the true backlash will be that Casey's retail value plummets.

Where did that come from? What does the blue line mean? It says .co.uk?..is it sales rank...or units sold?

thebigfall2.jpg

Look at what I ADDED in GREEN. These numbers are for ENGLISH domains.
.uk is the internet country code top-lecel domain (ccTLD) for the UK (United Kingdom) and .ca is for Canada.

UK is the blue line
CA is the red line
.COM (US) is the orange line

Sales are so low the Red and Orange line (Above days) is very hard to see! I circled this in green with a line out to the left side to help!

See the big GREEN DOT - That is the starting point, that does not represent number sold first day if my understanding is correct. The number sold that first day would be the first blue dot (on the uk online line) which marks the beginning. I am not a statistician, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

Does that help, or can I get you some mud to go with my explanation! LOL

EDIT-------------> AS MARY POINTED OUT, these are the SALES RANK numbers, not the sales. Thanks again MARY!!!!!!!

thebigfall2.jpg

Look at what I ADDED in GREEN. These numbers are for ENGLISH domains.
.uk is the internet country code top-lecel domain (ccTLD) for the UK (United Kingdom) and .ca is for Canada.

UK is the blue line
CA is the red line
.COM (US) is the orange line

Sales are so low the Red and Orange line (Above days) is very hard to see! I circled this in green with a line out to the left side to help!

See the big GREEN DOT - That is the starting point, that does not represent number sold first day if my understanding is correct. The number sold that first day would be the first blue dot (on the uk online line) which marks the beginning. I am not a statistician, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

Does that help, or can I get you some mud to go with my explanation! LOL

You're talking about sales using the graph but the graph is NOT showing sales. It's showing sales rank. Big difference. You chose Sales Rank in the drop down menu instead of Book Sales.

Doesn't really matter though. A bomb is a bomb. I bet Jose thought his bikinis, oops, I mean books would beat JA's book and hit the NYT list too. lolololol

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: stop it: - I was just going back to edit it cause mac66 just commented and you've sent me off into fits of laughing again.

Deep breath - okay - heading back....

And god yes,a book about an obsessive compulsive accountant..:floorlaugh:

BBM. Hey I represent that remark.......:)maddening:)......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173