Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
New case, in Florida, with a lying mommy and a nanny supposedly abducting the baby.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1141321&srvc=news&position=recent

"The parents of Riley Archer Buchness, who has a fake tattoo of an anchor on his arm and a blond mohawk, told police that they last saw the boy on Tuesday with his nanny, but now police appear to be questioning that story."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/826570.html

"Police said they had only a vague description of the nanny."

"The boy's parents said they did not know Camille's last name."

So, guess what? There was NO BABY!
http://cbs4.com/video/?id=68059@wfor.dayport.com

Oh KC! I wonder how many lying mommies will be inspired to create a nonexistent nanny? Will we be referring to these cases as "KC cases"?
I read this in morning. I thought oh my!:waitasec: another nanny in Flordia. Came back in read this afternoon the mother was lying. I think that she should be sent up tp Orlando and share a cell with miss Casey.

I don't know about the similarities although it is so strange that these two kids so close in age went "missing" at the same age...

There are many mothers who like or even love having a tiny baby or cute little doll like non-crawling, non-talking infant. But when the tot starts walking and talking, Mom stops being so lovey cuz the kid is far more of an intrusion, getting into everything and running into the street, ya know, ya have to actually WATCH the damn kid every minute, and the brat is always squawking it's head off for juice boxes or a new toy! I'm being sarcastic here, but I watch my niece; she's just had her 4th baby last week. She's a great mom to a babe-in-arms, but once they self-locomote she doesn't even look at them after that. The 3 older ones run around like untrained apes and hoo boy you shoulda seen our Christmas! So, in my niece's case, when one outgrows the cute stage, she sets it on the ground and pops out another one! If KC had a miscarraige (agreed, KC lies all the time so no independent verification of that fact exists) it pretty much means she wasn't on ADEQUATE-for-the-job birth control. NG had talk that KC wants another baby. I think Caylee was an unintended pregnancy, obviously, but KC got a baby shower (presents for ME!) and was able to play the baby card to get her out of doing whatever she didn't want to do. But with Caylee growing up, that little bit of usefulness to KC was gone. A wee one, you can schlump around like a backpack, a toddler you can't.

I think when mothers murder their babes, there can be a different set of factors at work if the babe is, say, under a year old, than if it's a toddler walking & talking. When KC could hold and pet baby Caylee, like one of the family doggies, or a teddy bear, she managed to put on a good front of being a good mom. And may even have been one... The toddler distances herself from the mother, in growing up and learning to be independent, and the good mother lets the child grow away.

Sorry if this meanders, but I have wondered a lot about this timing.

Hi all first time posting. I saw a picture of KC (the one smirking looking over her shoulder in court.) and the minute I saw it I thought of a picture of Ted Bundyalso smirking in court. I know one has little to do with the other but the resemblance is just startling.

Nice to meet such an intellegent group of people!!

Cara

You're RIGHT! I just made a comparison shot:

see http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x149/sedoniasunset/Casey Anthony/caseyandbundycomparison2.jpg

It's downright CREEPY!

(yes, I AM a little late to this thread, but better late than never :) )

Sedonia Sunset

Thats weird that the 2 cases were so geographically close. (anthony & duckett)

Can I add Susan Smith and Scott Peterson? I think there are a lot of similarities. Even perhaps Maddie McCann and the Ramseys.

Can I add Susan Smith and Scott Peterson? I think there are a lot of similarities. Even perhaps Maddie McCann and the Ramseys.

Susan Smith was the first person I thought of when this case broke.

I was just curious as to what opinions are on comparing Casey with Diane Downs....as far as I know, Diane has maintained her innocence after all these years..

They both had a SODDI,

Diane was a bhs...Bushy headed stranger that was trying to steal her car :(

Susan Smith was the first person I thought of when this case broke.

Me too...but at least in Smith's case....the powers that be had the good sense to spare everyone further grief by advising her to admit guilt, give her life and put it all to rest. Case closed. Children are in heaven.

The first time I laid eyes on Casey Anthony was when she was arrested and swaggered/strutted for the cameras and had that arrogant smirk on her face.

The demeanor was the same as Scott Peterson. There also was the same strange "detachment" from the crime in both cases. The pathetic yet unbelievable attempts at crying. The complete obsession with the girlfriend/boyfriend of both. All the while their personal grooming was immaculate (because they were in front of cameras and fully attentive to their appearance).

In my opinion, Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony are two peas in a pod.

They both had a SODDI,

Diane was a bhs...Bushy headed stranger that was trying to steal her car :(

Not only her inappropriate behavior and laughter (on several taped occasions) was similar to KC's rather sociopathic demeanor, her story was almost as stupid.

What guy stealing a car would bend over, reach in and shoot three kids before incapacitating the driver? She also went to great pains, IIRC, to make it look like she was "Mother of the Year".

I also remember how she lit into Ann Rule on an Oprah show years ago, right after Ann's book was published and DD had recently been convicted. She was trying to take minor inaccuracies and turn them into exculpatory big facts and rip Ann a new one as if it completely invalidated all of the mountains of evidence that indicated her guilt. It reminded me so much of the Gonzal-E phenomenon, or the White Dog Proves Zanny reasoning. And her anger was a lot like KC's whenever disagreed with her or put any obstacle in her way.

Trenton went missing two years ago. So Melinda and Casey are the same age.

Melinda's grandparents lived in Lady Lake and Melinda was last seen in Leesburg shopping I think.

Not sure if they ever crossed-paths. I don't think so or I'm sure we would have heard about it. But very interesting angle!!!

I don't think Melinda ever knew any of the Anthonys. BUT, the Ducketts DO know the Anthonys.

For some reason, I always had sympathy for MD - she just seemed lost - she doesn't remind me in the least of CA.

Honestly, I still could believe that TD is alive - that she gave him to somebody. She didn't commit suicide until after there were (incorrect) reports of his body being found.

I agree. So very sad.

And both are sociopaths, IMO. Here is a disturbing video of Diane reenacting the crime with Detectives back in 1983. I couldn't believe her laughter at the end.

http://www.kgw.com/archive/59528157.html

She committed her crimes not very far from me. I've driven that road many times and it gives me the creeps every time.

I guess the locals near the Anthonys' house would feel the same way. And yes, DD reminds me of KC in sooo many ways. More that any other murderer.

Melinda quit her paper route a month before Trenton's disappearance and was laid off from TruGreen a week before his disappearance whereas KC was laid off from Universal two years before Caylee went missing.

Melinda's blog posts & friend comments indicate she hung out with the same crowd Cara hung out with (contrary to Cara's later claim). Per court docs, KC began hanging out with a bunch of DJ types.

Melinda asked her friend to call 911 while she looked for Trenton the night of his disappearance, whereas KC never bothered to call 911 even after 30 days had passed, at which point, mom called.

Yes, Melinda was certain that Joshua had Trenton due to their custody dispute. However, Joshua actually exists. Unlike the non-existent Zanny the Nanny.

Please provide a link where KC ever made such a claim. Remember, this is about comparing Melinda and KC, not Melinda and everyone else.

There is nothing that unequivocably supports that Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE. Only people's opinions. Whereas released interviews clearly indicate KC lied to LE. In other words, the former is speculation, the latter is fact.

These latter two comparisons are irrelevant, as it is quite common for families of accused to claim their loved one would never do such and such. As for the cop bit? :rolleyes:

As for coincidences btwn these two cases? Sure, there are some glaringly troublesome coincidences. Though, from what I can tell, they don't have anything to do with Caylee's disappearance.

Hi Shadow :)
Thank you for posting these facts!

If you look at the DCF reports none of the so-called abuse claims were substantiated. If you get bored, you might consider digging deeper to find out who was behind those false allegations that plagued Melinda not only up to her death but well beyond. I'm just sayin...

Thanks again. Remembering these truths makes me cry.

One, Melinda did not throw out all of Trenton's things. In fact, the majority of his toys, clothes, etcetera, remain in the great grandparent's home awaiting the day of his return. Two, there remains numerous questions regarding what was found in the trash, including but not limited to what appeared to be brand new baby clothes that Trenton would have long since outgrown, along with a pic of Joshua's late friend. Three, LE found one sonogram pic, not a bunch of pics as you so claim. Moreover, no sonogram pics were missing from the baby book that Melinda had for Trenton, which, btw was not thrown out either. Futhermore, that I am aware, the grandparents have no idea where that single sonogram pic came from. Nor do they know where the plastic toy chest came from. And that's not to mention that the state of the trash raised more than a few eyebrows considering Melinda's propensity for neatness (which, btw, has been documented in the psych eval that was released to the public in 2006). And finally but most importantly, LPD seems to think Trenton Duckett is alive. And, in fact, they recently released an age progression. Here's a snippet of what they had to say:

Full article: click here

My heart goes out to the Eubanks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads