Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axis IIs.

hell yeah, Melinda?! Boy She was exciting wasn't she? I say Borderline, you?

ooops, I'm reading backwords and came upon your post where ya say the same about Melinda. LOL.

I found Josh's page...is this it? http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewTaggedPhotos&friendID=92022224

Here is the pic I think you are referring to:

l_e551121309729789b5c08728a4b4f719.jpg

Yeah. No, the babe on the left doesn't look to me like her, now.

hi there!

i'm a newbie, first post :)

another name that sprung to my mind was Amanda Smith, who claimed last year that a stranger had car-jacked her, locked himself in her vehicle while he smothered her son to death (Devon Epps), then unlocked the door and ran off...never to be seen again....

amanda was another one who had a party-lifestyle documented on her myspace...and that style was being cramped by the demands of motherhood...

to my knowledge, amanda has never recanted her ridiculous story, and I don't believe the case has gone to trial yet. this kind of thing happens, and i'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there... no two cases are exactly alike, but a theme starts developing when you compare them...

slightly OT here, but i never understood why Cindy wasn't asking Caylee more questions about her day-to-day life... My niece is about two months older than Caylee, and we ask her things like, "what did you have for lunch today?" "what did you do at school?" etc....and we get ANSWERS! i can't fathom the lack of communication going on in that house...

IIRC, Her friends or someone came forward and said she was pretty mean to him, picked on him a lot and stuff. I may be remembering wrong and I don't have a link so don't take my word for it.

I think MD is more of a borderline and KC is more of a socio. Both are personality disorders, IMHO.

I agree. Though I see some features of each in both women.

hell yeah, Melinda?! Boy She was exciting wasn't she? I say Borderline, you?

ooops, I'm reading backwords and came upon your post where ya say the same about Melinda. LOL.

No question. Borderline.

No question. Borderline.

Ya know, maybe this makes me evil but I'm gonna be honest.. when I think about Melinda, I smile. I mean I wish we knew where Trenton is but...

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey, I have always had doubt about Trenton being deceased and I have no doubt any longer that Caylee is peacefully in heaven

And I believe Casey did what she did to get even with Cindy after the fight on June 15th

I totally agree - for some reason, I've always had a sympathy for MD. I may be the only person on earth who thinks that possibly, she did give Trenton to somebody.

She seemed like a lost soul.

KC, on the other hand, is cold-hearted and manipulative, IMO

I would call her more similar to Diane Downs than Melinda Duckett. She has that same male-manipulation thing and lack of regard for her own child. Her life comes above everyone else's just like Diane.

Yeah. No, the babe on the left doesn't look to me like her, now.
This silly pic floated around oh about a month ago and was deemed to be NOTHING. HOgwash. We've come back now. Slow news days do that. y'a know?

I find it disturbing that so many people feel "compassion" for Melinda. The same woman who held her baby son over water threatening to throw him in unless Josh, her husband did what she wanted. The same woman who also held a knife to Trenton's leg another time she was threatning her husband.

IMO, Melinda, Casey, or any person who hurts a child get NO compassion from me....

I wonder if all the Melinda compassion is only because she commited suicide and is no longer with us whereas Casey is still alive and breathing....?

This silly pic floated around oh about a month ago and was deemed to be NOTHING. HOgwash. We've come back now. Slow news days do that. y'a know?

That post she is replying to was written a month ago...:waitasec:

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.
Melinda quit her paper route a month before Trenton's disappearance and was laid off from TruGreen a week before his disappearance whereas KC was laid off from Universal two years before Caylee went missing.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.
Melinda's blog posts & friend comments indicate she hung out with the same crowd Cara hung out with (contrary to Cara's later claim). Per court docs, KC began hanging out with a bunch of DJ types.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.
Melinda asked her friend to call 911 while she looked for Trenton the night of his disappearance, whereas KC never bothered to call 911 even after 30 days had passed, at which point, mom called.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.
Yes, Melinda was certain that Joshua had Trenton due to their custody dispute. However, Joshua actually exists. Unlike the non-existent Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
KC's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.
Please provide a link where KC ever made such a claim. Remember, this is about comparing Melinda and KC, not Melinda and everyone else.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.
There is nothing that unequivocably supports that Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE. Only people's opinions. Whereas released interviews clearly indicate KC lied to LE. In other words, the former is speculation, the latter is fact.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.
These latter two comparisons are irrelevant, as it is quite common for families of accused to claim their loved one would never do such and such. As for the cop bit? :rolleyes:

As for coincidences btwn these two cases? Sure, there are some glaringly troublesome coincidences. Though, from what I can tell, they don't have anything to do with Caylee's disappearance.

I find it disturbing that so many people feel "compassion" for Melinda. The same woman who held her baby son over water threatening to throw him in unless Josh, her husband did what she wanted. The same woman who also held a knife to Trenton's leg another time she was threatning her husband.
If you look at the DCF reports none of the so-called abuse claims were substantiated. If you get bored, you might consider digging deeper to find out who was behind those false allegations that plagued Melinda not only up to her death but well beyond. I'm just sayin...

If you look at the DCF reports none of the so-called abuse claims were substantiated. If you get bored, you might consider digging deeper to find out who was behind those false allegations that plagued Melinda not only up to her death but well beyond. I'm just sayin...

Doesn't change the fact that her story about Trenton didn't add up and she threw all his things in the trash including his sonogram pics shortly after he went missing. She is just smarter than Casey, not a better person. They both are evil.

Doesn't change the fact that her story about Trenton didn't add up and she threw all his things in the trash including his sonogram pics shortly after he went missing. She is just smarter than Casey, not a better person. They both are evil.
One, Melinda did not throw out all of Trenton's things. In fact, the majority of his toys, clothes, etcetera, remain in the great grandparent's home awaiting the day of his return. Two, there remains numerous questions regarding what was found in the trash, including but not limited to what appeared to be brand new baby clothes that Trenton would have long since outgrown, along with a pic of Joshua's late friend. Three, LE found one sonogram pic, not a bunch of pics as you so claim. Moreover, no sonogram pics were missing from the baby book that Melinda had for Trenton, which, btw was not thrown out either. Futhermore, that I am aware, the grandparents have no idea where that single sonogram pic came from. Nor do they know where the plastic toy chest came from. And that's not to mention that the state of the trash raised more than a few eyebrows considering Melinda's propensity for neatness (which, btw, has been documented in the psych eval that was released to the public in 2006). And finally but most importantly, LPD seems to think Trenton Duckett is alive. And, in fact, they recently released an age progression. Here's a snippet of what they had to say:
Investigators said they are no longer looking for a toddler, but rather a young boy at or near school age.
Full article: click here

I fail to see any real parallels between Casey and Melinda Duckett.

About the only discussion that ever made me even question whether or not there were any real parallels was back in Caylee A General Threads #100+, there was a LOT of discussion about whether, if they let Casey out on bail, she'd commit suicide, a la Melinda Duckett (who, as we know, committed suicide 2+ weeks after her son disappeared) and I NEVER thought Casey was a suicide risk back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502