Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I always had sympathy for MD - she just seemed lost - she doesn't remind me in the least of CA.

Honestly, I still could believe that TD is alive - that she gave him to somebody. She didn't commit suicide until after there were (incorrect) reports of his body being found.

I think the cases are different, but Melinda was also purported to have gone onto her ex-husband's MySpace account to make threatening comments on her own MySpace account in an effort to make her ex look guilty. Something to the effect of, "I'm going to kill you and your son, he's not mine", I think. Casey fabricated emails. Both displayed sneaky behavior to perpetuate a lie.

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

YEP, think that possibly Judge Strickland had this case in mind???????????? I do, think he did the prudent thing in setting high bond & then the PUBLICITY SEEKERS came to the rescue, glad the bond was finally revoked. It should never have been posted, imo.

I have seen a lot of people mention the similarities between these two cases. Of course, none of them were psychiatrists, as far as I know ;)

The tragically obvious "elephant in the middle of the room" with the two cases being two very loved little ones being in the care of very off balanced mommies who both knew more than they said they knew about what happened to their little ones.

The fact that Melinda made "racey" video's with the sound of a baby (presumably Trenton) in the background while Casey is known to have been playing the scene in person while Caylee could have (should have) been in her care.. and then the fact that in both cases, if the Mommies had been healthy, balanced individuals, these beautiful little ones would probably both be spending this holiday with the families that adored them.

I think the cases are different, but Melinda was also purported to have gone onto her ex-husband's MySpace account to make threatening comments on her own MySpace account in an effort to make her ex look guilty. Something to the effect of, "I'm going to kill you and your son, he's not mine", I think. Casey fabricated emails. Both displayed sneaky behavior to perpetuate a lie.

Yes!!! That was another thing I even told my fiance about. The fact that Melinda faked emails to herself from her ex and Casey faked emails to herself from Universal. All done to "prove" their lies.

I would like NG to get her on the phone and make her coness!

I dont even think NG could break her or make her talk and thats realy saying something!!! If she didnt talk to the BH who was there to help her and even got her out, who would she talk to? Only her lawyer and because he helps her with her spin.:rolleyes:

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

both can't sit and cry their eyes out every two minutes ...they had to stay focused to do things.......

and both refused to work with LE... at one point Casey was suppose to work with the FBI... Melinda was supposed to do that as well...
Trenton's dad is out searching for Caylee....
Caylee's dad probably doesnt know he is a dad
Trenton and Caylee do share the same birth month

How far apart did these two cases occur ?
Could they have known each other ?
Could the new friends be any of the same people ?

I don't think they knew each other or were friends of the same people.

As Trenton and Caylee were only a day apart in age, I would be shocked if Cindy and Casey didn't follow the case.

For some reason, I always had sympathy for MD - she just seemed lost - she doesn't remind me in the least of CA.

Honestly, I still could believe that TD is alive - that she gave him to somebody. She didn't commit suicide until after there were (incorrect) reports of his body being found.

If you read Melinda's suicide notes which refer to Trenton "as he grows", you will see that according to the notes, Melinda was trying to give the impression that she believed Trenton was alive.

She specifically worded the note and made clear she didn't kill herself because she thought Trenton was gone.

Lots of similarities indeed. The interview with Nancy would be great, but CA is not that brave. MD also freaked out under the pressure.

Today while I was being a lazy slug at home on the remnants of Hurricane Gustave (coastal Alabama) I watched some movies I had TIVO'd. One was "Amber's Story" - the story of the kidnapping and subsequent killing of a 9 year old girl. Her mother's reaction was, in my opinion, how a mother would NORMALLY act if her child had been kidnapped, was missing, etc. Her mother went on to lobby and enact the "Amber Alert" system nationwide.

She, as well as Marc Klaas, and many other parents of missing kids, subjected herself to a lie detector test. They cooperated FULLY with authorities. WHATEVER it took to find their child.

Even if some person(s) had Caylee, as the GPs have suggested, don't you think you would trust LE/FBI enough to say "ok - here she is, here's who has her...go get her?"

Melinda was neat. She did not leave forensic evidence behind.

IMO

Both Melinda and Casey said they would talk to the FBI and cooperate with the FBI. Neither gave the FBI any information.

Caylee and Trenton were born one day apart.

Dumpsters were talked about in both cases.

Both removed pictures of themselves and the missing child from the internet.

Both were active on myspace.

I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere in here *looking under the couch* but anyone else notice the eerie similarities between this case and the Trenton Duckett case? His young mother Melinda was a "person of interest" in his disappearance right here in central florida.

They still haven't found Trenton's body at all but at the time there were theories of Melinda selling her toddler son just like with Caylee's case.

It's very scary that there are places here that someone can "dispose" of a person without that person ever being found. (Alligators, swamp-land, *shudder*).

Anyways, just lots of crazy similarities with Melinda and Casey. I just hope this case doesn't go unsolved like the former. :confused:

your post is right on IMO. I was just talking to my husband about this.

I don't think they knew each other or were friends of the same people.

As Trenton and Caylee were only a day apart in age, I would be shocked if Cindy and Casey didn't follow the case.

Trenton would have been 4 this Aug... Caylee just turned 3.

Melinda was neat. She did not leave forensic evidence behind.

IMO

That she was...we may never know where that adorable little boy is... he grabbed my heart just like Caylee...and I damn his mother for leaving this world letting his dad , grandparents, great-grandparents and perfect strangers always wondering or peering at a little boy that is about his age ...just to double check!
though I fear the out come is the same.... NO MOTHER LEAVES THIS WORLD BY THEIR OWN HANDS WHEN THEIR CHILD IS MISSING JUST AS NO MOTHER SITS ON HER HANDS AND DOES NOTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$