Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were both ummmm errrr how do I say this nicely...EASY.

Trenton would have been 4 this Aug... Caylee just turned 3.

You're right.

I am very sure though that Cindy followed the case. When Josh came to their house when all this started, Cindy said that if anyone understood their situation it would be Josh.

Also some of the reasons Cindy gave why Casey couldn't tell LE who had Caylee were reasons online people came up with to defend why Melinda wouldn't cooperate with LE.

One excuse was that talking to LE would put the missing children in danger.

Besides both Melinda and Casey dating cops, both also had another *relationship* with a cop that resulted in a cop being called in for questioning by superiors and reprimanded.

yea lets not forget that...my bro is a LE ....its the crazy women that chase after the uniform that need to hide behind them LOL!

I don't think they knew each other or were friends of the same people.

As Trenton and Caylee were only a day apart in age, I would be shocked if Cindy and Casey didn't follow the case.

Someone on craigslist keeps posting a group photo that is suppose to have Casey, MD, and Trenton in it. I don't think it is legit at all but some of them seem to.

Someone on craigslist keeps posting a group photo that is suppose to have Casey, MD, and Trenton in it. I don't think it is legit at all but some of them seem to.

That is interesting. Can you post a link?

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

I agree...

Also,
When I first heard Casey's voice during her taped 911 calls the first thing I said was.......

"my god, she sounds just like Melinda Duckett"

jmo

When she said she couldn't be crying her eyes out every two minutes ....thats when I ask my husband ....Did she steal that line from MElinda Duckett or what? He laughed and said ...CA has stole alot why not that too??

I would love to see that picture.

I swear I remember seeing a group picture on WS of Casey with a big group of people at a wedding or something, she was in the front row sitting on the floor with her arms up in the air. I've tried looking for it since and can't find it on here. Does anyone remember seeing that picture?

The reason I ask is, one day I was reading the Trenton Duckett forum as I really didn't know much about the case, and I ended up on Josh's myspace. And the same picture is in Josh's tagged photo's. I find it strange that he and Casey would be in the same picture but I gave up looking for where I saw the picture first in reference to Casey.

I would love to see that picture.

I swear I remember seeing a group picture on WS of Casey with a big group of people at a wedding or something, she was in the front row sitting on the floor with her arms up in the air. I've tried looking for it since and can't find it on here. Does anyone remember seeing that picture?

The reason I ask is, one day I was reading the Trenton Duckett forum as I really didn't know much about the case, and I ended up on Josh's myspace. And the same picture is in Josh's tagged photo's. I find it strange that he and Casey would be in the same picture but I gave up looking for where I saw the picture first in reference to Casey.

I found Josh's page...is this it? http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewTaggedPhotos&friendID=92022224

Here is the pic I think you are referring to:

l_e551121309729789b5c08728a4b4f719.jpg

yes that's the one. Now when I saw it I remember having seen it here with someone saying that Casey is the girl on the floor with the black dress on. I really can't tell if it is or not. And I can't find where I originally saw the picture on WS.

It's hard to tell if that's her. Only thing I see in common is her hair. This girl on close inspection looks to have an overbite whereas Casey doesn't have one or at least not one similar. IMO

Yup. Casey Anthony does remind me of Melinda Duckett. Single mom, young and pretty, selfish self centered b!tches that just wanna party.
I got the feeling neither one of them ever wanted their kids, Trenton and Caylee. Yup, they remind me of each other.

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey...
But we don't know Casey's motivation yet. Some have speculated she may have harmed Caylee to hurt Cindy.

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

You can add:

Melinda stole money from Bank of America
Casey stole money from her parents, grandparents and Amy that we know of.

Melinda created and sent a false email claiming it was from her ex Josh
Casey created and sent false emails to support her claims of working

I do think that the girl in the black dress looks like Casey. And she is a showoff just like Casey.

There is one difference at this point between the two cases, though. Melinda had a conscience and up to this point, Casey hasn't. Melinda couldn't live with the fact that she hurt her baby, either with an accident or selling him or giving him away. I don't see any remorse in Casey at all.

I do think that the girl in the black dress looks like Casey. And she is a showoff just like Casey.

There is one difference at this point between the two cases, though. Melinda had a conscience and up to this point, Casey hasn't. Melinda couldn't live with the fact that she hurt her baby, either with an accident or selling him or giving him away. I don't see any remorse in Casey at all.

Melinda didn't seem to care for her son when she held a knife up to his leg while yelling at her husband and then on a seperate occasion, held Trenton over some water threatening to throw him in while arguing with her husband.

Melinda didn't have a conscience either IMO. Anyone who loves their child would NEVER put them in harms way just to get back at a spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther