Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am too. This sounds like boys gone wild mainly because of the multiple shots. The children were dead after the shots to the head. Why multiples? Almost like video games where thrill is obliterating the target.

The boys in the truck with guns in the area need to be looked at hard and long. This area is so rural that it is unlikely the perps just happened to be there at the same time as the girls.It takes locals to even know where to go. JMO.
It doesn't take locals to know where to go. Oklahoma backroads aren't difficult to figure out like say a mountain road into nowhere. The road is well maintained and I would say it is a county road.

The boys in the truck are not suspects according to LE because it was a normal Sunday activity for them. This is the country and it is what boys do here. They have been doing this for eons. Their fathers did it and so did their grandfathers. They probably got their first rifle when they were 8 or 9 yo. They have a healthy respect for their guns and learn early not to be stupid which is why you don't hear of many accidental shootings among them.

It doesn't sound like boys gone wild to me at all. It sounds like it was done deliberately and carried out like a gang type execution.

Hmm thanks for the link SF.

Now that is what I call a huge coincidence, huh?

So they were in the area when the crimes were committed.

They were shooting weapons at the time.

They had a shotgun..

Well how does LE know that is all they had?

The video states they were shooting 3 miles away from the girls. I guess that's why they are not considered POI.

I can't get to it, but the Oklahoman newspaper I was reading earlier stated they were tire tracks for certain that made a U-turn where the bodies were found.

The newspaper also said that there was a computer at Taylor's and they were checking into it on various friend sites like Chiperoni said. So Taylor could have had a myspace or facebook page. Guess we need to keep looking since we haven't found it yet.

I read a news article last night that said the girls were found close together, about as close as if they possibly could have been fleeing. Has there been any ruling out of this?

I had read they were shot in the face too, but it was only one paper and didn't want to post something so gruesome w/o confirmation....now it's been spoke again. How awful for 'dad' granddad to come up on that.

Sending strength and peace to all involved.
I cannot imagine how he is going to live with that from now on. It is beyond nightmares. Bless his heart. :(

The outpouring of support from people around the state and the country is amazing. The money is rolling in from everywhere and they said they even got a tip from Great Britain (can't imagine what that could have been tho). It is heartwarming to know in all this horror how much humanity exists in this world.

I read a news article last night that said the girls were found close together, about as close as if they possibly could have been fleeing. Has there been any ruling out of this?
Not that I have heard. Maybe they were huddled together and clinging to one another. It didn't look like there was anywhere for them to flee.

Not that I have heard. Maybe they were huddled together and clinging to one another. It didn't look like there was anywhere for them to flee.

Just heard on Nancy Grace, Grandma said they were about 5 feet apart from each other.
They were both shot in the face and CHEST not the back so they were facing the shooters.

LE said that they were found about 2 feet apart.

I think these shooters fired simultaneously in rapid fire at their individual targets. I really don't think these little girls even knew what was going to happen.

I have wondered though since LE has said they died where they were shot if they had moved off into the ditch area because of an oncoming vehicle. I know the kids do that here in my area when they are walking down narrow dirt roads.

imoo

The road seemed to be fairly wide. Two cars could easily pass. They could have been backing away from the car tho if they were pulling up close to the girls.

I think you are right about how it went down. Both shooters at the same time. Let's hope it happened so quickly they really didn't have time to be terrorized. It just makes me ill to think how afraid they must have been even for a split second. As close as the girls were, I bet they were thinking about how to save the other.

Just heard on Nancy Grace, Grandma said they were about 5 feet apart from each other.
They were both shot in the face and CHEST not the back so they were facing the shooters.
Thanks for the info, AzGiGi. They would have turned away unless someone was holding them in some manner or if it was quick and unexpected.

I just can't wrap my head around how someone could look at those two beautiful, sweet faces then mow them down. :( They are cold blooded killers with absolutely no consciences or souls. May they go straight to hell and soon.

I wonder if they think the shooter/shooters stayed in the vehicle or got out to shoot the girls. Maybe someone was actually stopped on the road as the girls walked past.

Thanks for the info, AzGiGi. They would have turned away unless someone was holding them in some manner or if it was quick and unexpected.

I just can't wrap my head around how someone could look at those two beautiful, sweet faces then mow them down. :( They are cold blooded killers with absolutely no consciences or souls. May they go straight to hell and soon.

I wouldn't mind having them suffer for a while first :furious:

I wonder if they think the shooter/shooters stayed in the vehicle or got out to shoot the girls. Maybe someone was actually stopped on the road as the girls walked past.
They did mention shoe prints as part of the evidence collected. If someone were already stopped, I think the girls would have tried to avoid them even if it meant turning around to go the other way. She had a cell phone. Why didn't she use it? If they felt like something was wrong at all...why didn't Taylor just call for her grandfather to come?!

I wouldn't mind having them suffer for a while first :furious:
I second that! Altho...I don't know if they could suffer enough.

I think I might be too close to this one. I just went back to read my posts and I have been horrible. Sorry. It is like a different world here than most people are used to and I guess I got carried away trying to explain it.

Greta is running again. Mark F. is coming on next if anyone missed the earlier show like me.

if taylor's folks timeline is accurate, whatever happened went down rather quickly. any scenerio is horrible but i pray this was not a thrill kill. likely that would mean the murderers are local and this little community already has enough to bear.

Mark F. seems to think along the same lines as I do. These people have been violent before and the weapons used were probably automatic or semi-automatic guns. He called them cold blooded, too. He said they call the shot to the head the "insurance shot" meaning it insures death. He said they will be comparing the MO to other murders/gun crimes around the country and the ballistics. Gosh, I hope they get a hit and move this case along quickly.

Mark Furhman also said that they need to be checking on any parolees in the area since it would be someone who knows the area well in order to have gotten out of there so quickly.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Girls_Killed.html

Here's a local "take" on Skyla and Taylor:

"The dirt roads, which Skyla and Taylor walked dozens of times for sleepovers, have changed, too, according to Farrow.

"It just went downhill out in the country," he said. "These roads ain't nothing but drunks and dopeheads on the weekends. Sometimes, you have to drive around them, they're passed out in the middle of the road."

Mosher said drugs may have played a role in the death of his niece and her friend.

"The girls might have walked up on some guys cooking dope," he said. "There's been more of that stuff going on here in the past two years."

A neighbor, Ross Padgett, said drugs and the criminal element are worse than ever.

"Marijuana, meth, coke, you name it," he said. "A number of the meth cookers are right over in this community. They are busting them so hard in the cities, they are going rural."

Oh Trino that is just so sad to read.. alot of families move out to the country to avoid those kinds of problems and to raise their children in a more safe, slowed-down environment. I always loved the country for that reason. I'm tired of these low life druggy losers taking over and acting as if they are wanted in OUR community's. Go find a island and get the hell out of here. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels