Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clip from http://newsok.com/article3256335

"Still no suspects
Three days later, the families of both of the victims don't know much more than they did that first night.
Earlier Wednesday, investigators said two guns were used in the killings.

Jimmy Farrow said he'd been told that the first night.

"They said there was a high-powered weapon and a low-powered weapon,” Jimmy Farrow said. "One of the TV stations showed shell casings piled up in the road where it happened.”

I hate to beat a dead horse, but to me shell casings piled up in the road where it happened mean one of the guns was probably a shotgun.[/quote]
----------------
The document you requested was not found.http://newsok.com/article3256335
You may perform a search at the top of the page.
If you would like to report this error, please e

Wrong wrong wrong ...Automatic weapons spit out casings also. I know this because I go to the range every Sunday.

You mean shotgun shell casings and bullet casings are the same? I don't really know much about guns. I have a 410 shotgun in my closet that belongs to my son but the ammunition for that gun looks just like a bullet to me.

Does anyone know why LE would release to the news that they are going to be releasing more info on Monday? Why not release the info today?

Maybe a random question, but, I am confused.

Maybe they are going to make an arrest before then. Wouldn't that be nice?

Nothing much is ever released in the media on a Friday, unless it's a break in the case, or something new that surfaced.

Mondays brings fresh interest to a case even if it's a tidbit. Weekends are usually very slow news days, and have less reading or viewing.

Thanks Tom'sGirl. The waiting is so hard. I was so bummed that the Mr. Byrd of yesterday did not prove to be more viable as a suspect.

Didn't they say they were going to release the 911 call?

Yes, they said they were going to release a portion of the 911 call. I wonder what the advantage of that is?

I have a co-worker, who lives in the area that stated the day following the murders, "if it were me I would be looking close, very close for the suspects." I am not sure who she was referring to and if the statement implied that family, aquaintences, or neighbors were involved.
Also in reference to a post by Seriously Searching, You are kidding, Right? OSBI is not nor has ever been that politically correct!! This is Oklahoma.
OSBI may or may not be "politically incorrect". But as an Oklahoma resident I find that comment offensive. If it was not meant derogatory towards our state then my apologies. I personally feel that stepping out of the realm of "politically correct" is oftentimes commendable and this may have been SS's intended implication.

Ok don't beat me.. What do we really know about Uncle Joe ??
------------------
You mean shotgun shell casings and bullet casings are the same?
Well as in being expelled from weapon in away yes. But not the casing itself.

Yes, they said they were going to release a portion of the 911 call. I wonder what the advantage of that is?
They'll probably release the part of a hysterical grief ridden grandpa calling in after finding the children................ maybe to help boost the emotions of others who hear it.

Also in reference to a post by Seriously Searching, You are kidding, Right? OSBI is not nor has ever been that politically correct!! This is Oklahoma.
OSBI may or may not be "politically incorrect". But as an Oklahoma resident I find that comment offensive. If it was not meant derogatory towards our state then my apologies.
Don't be upset, you're new here but FYI, Seriously Searching is well within her right, she's a fifth generation Okie and loves her State of Oklahoma.

Ok don't beat me.. What do we really know about Uncle Joe ??
------------------
You mean shotgun shell casings and bullet casings are the same?
Well as in being expelled from weapon in away yes. But not the casing itself.

I'm glad you brought up Uncle Joe. I was trying to find a picture of him on here that I thought I saw once, but never could find it. Does anyone have a link to a picture of him?

YellowDog :
You mean shotgun shell casings and bullet casings are the same? I don't really know much about guns. I have a 410 shotgun in my closet that belongs to my son but the ammunition for that gun looks just like a bullet to me.

Check this pic out & see if it helps
33opncy.jpg

There has to be some reason to release a portion of the 911 call. Is there something in it that doesn't "jell"?

I'm glad you brought up Uncle Joe. I was trying to find a picture of him on here that I thought I saw once, but never could find it. Does anyone have a link to a picture of him?
Are you speaking of Uncle Joe Mosher, if so, I have a couple of them or you can google his name.

They'll probably release the part of a hysterical grief ridden grandpa calling in after finding the children................ maybe to help boost the emotions of others who hear it.

Tom'sGirl,
Thank-you for answering my question. I am new to this and sometimes I do not understand all the "behind the scenes" thought processes of LE. I certainly hope the 911 tape will help push the emotions of someone who can help LE get the break they need in this case.

Thanks again.

YellowDog :

Check this pic out & see if it helps
33opncy.jpg

I was thinking the shells to my son's 410 looked more like a brass bullet with a point on it. Is that possible or am I getting delerious over this?

Clip from http://newsok.com/article3256335

"Still no suspects
Three days later, the families of both of the victims don't know much more than they did that first night.
In a news conference Wednesday, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent Ben Rosser said investigators are trying to find children who talked to the girls often and knew their habits.

"We're talking to young people because the victims were young,” Rosser said. "We've got leads, and we're talking to their friends, but a lot of people are harder to find than others.”

Earlier Wednesday, investigators said two guns were used in the killings.

Jimmy Farrow said he'd been told that the first night.

"They said there was a high-powered weapon and a low-powered weapon,” Jimmy Farrow said. "One of the TV stations showed shell casings piled up in the road where it happened.”

I hate to beat a dead horse, but to me shell casings piled up in the road where it happened mean one of the guns was probably a shotgun.

I think that was another misspeak by Farrow. A shotgun has a distinctive sound and what Mrs. Kelough described was not shotgun blasts but a weapon that was a semi automatic or automatic who was rapidly fired.

imoo

I was thinking the shells to my son's 410 looked more like a brass bullet with a point on it. Is that possible or am I getting delirious over this?

410 shotguns have shells not bullets.

It does have brass where the firing pin hits the shell to ignite gunpowder when firing but it is not pointed. When fired it explodes outward once it leaves the barrel spraying pellets toward the target. In a shotgun the shells do not eject but remains in the gun until they are removed.

imoo

This article has a picture of Joe Mosher. It may be someone else you wanted a picture of.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

Guess what Annie This statement was also in the same article

Agents investigated a tip Wednesday that someone reported a pickup full of boys in the area at the same time of the killings.

"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500