Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how outspoken these two were, but they may have threatened to tell.

The only way three people keep a secret is if two of them are dead.

If it was someone the girls didn't know, they wouldn't be dead, there would be no reason to kill them like that if the chance of the girls IDing them was slim, which would have been the case if it were a stranger(s). Strangers aren't going to kill two little girls for some drug deal in the woods. IMO, it's something different that made them targets and the perp is someone close/known to them.

Josephine, that's a great first post!

"the grandfather told everyone "They shot the girls"

Not casting any blame on the gf at all, I'm sure he went into immediate shock and people do say things that are odd at times like that...but it does seem a telling statement that, right away, he knew who shot them (whoever "they" is) or he had some sort of idea who it was. Maybe not specific people but a group in general, say druggies for example. It just seems odd rather than saying "the girls have been shot". It would be like him saying "he shot the girls", people would certainly be focusing in on that, so why this is being dismissed so easily, I dont really understand. But I'm sure he has told LE any people he might suspect, he seems to have a good, solid head on his shoulders.

This got me thinking....
is it possible that the grandfather was the witness?
And the reason they say the witness has just come forward in the last 24 hours is because if they said he came forward right after the killers would know it was him?

Welcome to WS, Josephine! Anything is possible at this point.

What you are talking about is called "poaching" which is highly illegal in this state. However, people do it...but usually not in broad daylight with houses around and possibly other vehicles. The boys in this state for some reason have a very small incidence of accidents with firearms and alcohol. I guess the training and it being as normal handling both as it is for others to carry a cell phone and drink. It is a rare occurrance for killings as you have described. Not saying it can't happen tho.

If it was someone the girls didn't know, they wouldn't be dead, there would be no reason to kill them like that if the chance of the girls IDing them was slim, which would have been the case if it were a stranger(s). Strangers aren't going to kill two little girls for some drug deal in the woods. IMO, it's something different that made them targets and the perp is someone close/known to them.

Strangers meeting up for a drug deal with someone the girls recognized comes to mind. Most likely Taylor since she lived close by.

Oh, I forgot one thing: my gut tells me that there was no witness. The cops are saying that there was because they believe the perps to be locals, and want to turn up the heat so that one of them spills something (like to a girlfriend or his mom). If the crime occurred as the result of an "accident," the guys responsible would be extremely anxious about it, and more likely to confess. I'll bet that when the break comes, it comes from a woman.

Normally, this is true. In gang life, it is not. Snitches are usually dead before they can talk and are guaranteed dead (along with their family members) if they do.

This got me thinking....
is it possible that the grandfather was the witness?
And the reason they say the witness has just come forward in the last 24 hours is because if they said he came forward right after the killers would know it was him?

I didn't think about that, but I agree that it's entirely possible. It's also possible that one of the little creeps confessed to somebody and that "somebody" has come forward. They are now doing research on the creep and trying to place him at the scene, maybe.... Would they arrest someone right away if they had even an inkling to connect them to this crime, or would they try to corroborate (sp? sorry) the story before tipping their hand? I would think they'd want to arrest as soon as possible. Clearly these people are a huge threat. If you can kill 2 little girls, nothing would be off limits.

Oh, I forgot one thing: my gut tells me that there was no witness. The cops are saying that there was because they believe the perps to be locals, and want to turn up the heat so that one of them spills something (like to a girlfriend or his mom). If the crime occurred as the result of an "accident," the guys responsible would be extremely anxious about it, and more likely to confess. I'll bet that when the break comes, it comes from a woman.

Let me add this to your thought. Jessica Brown stated at the video I linked above that they have no profile. They believe though, they are looking for local young people driving in the area. She ends the interview stating that the motive could be anything from witnessing a crime to a random thrill kill. I am back to wanting to know what local residents have not been tracked down to interview and suddenly disappeared after the murders.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/06/13/intv.ok.murder.brown.cnn

Several articles have mentioned that the bridge area was popular with hunters, which suggests that that kind of activity was at very least not unheard-of. The perps could be a bunch of locals (or close enough) riding around in a truck, maybe with a couple of the guys in the back. Almost surely, they've been drinking, maybe even for most of the day (the girls were killed around 5:30 pm). It's possible that they're driving around with the intent to hunt, but my guess would be that the incident is more spontaneous. They're driving along, someone drunkenly sees what they think is a deer up ahead, and the gun comes out.

Now, I know this might sound absolutely ridiculous at first, but this kind of thing happens all the time (which, of course, is why those hunting regulations exist in the first place). And what happens when you combine drunken idiots with firearms? Disaster.

Good possibility, josephine -- there was an early report of a truck of young men driving around in the area around the time of the murders.

I believe there is a witness. I have never seen OSBI risk their credibility with the public by making up something like that for a pressure tactic. They just don't work that way.

I don't think it is the grandfather either. Some legitimate reason kept the person from coming forward. They say they have checked to know he is reliable plus the info he has given is corroberated.

Just a quick hello and welcome to ALL the newbies! Welcome to WS...thanks for joining and sharing your ideas/theories, etc. :blowkiss:

Good possibility, josephine -- there was an early report of a truck of young men driving around in the area around the time of the murders.

They found those guys, and they've cleared them.

I think it's important to remember the timing. All this occured between 5 and 5:30 pm.

If there were any drug dealing happening it would not happen at the very risk of being found out. Early morning hours or late/dark of night. Not at the hour when the risk would be high of being discovered.

Jessica Brown (OSBI) mentioned in that interview with CNN they have interviewed about 75-100 people in the community now. It sounds like they are systematically ruling in or out anyone fitting the young (male) description to me. (She didn't say male...but I think it was a given.)

At one point last night during Brown's interview, she did mention the possibilty of two guys who are most likely joined at the hip. I'm kinda agreeing with her.

Welcome to WS, Josephine! Anything is possible at this point.

What you are talking about is called "poaching" which is highly illegal in this state. However, people do it...but usually not in broad daylight with houses around and possibly other vehicles. The boys in this state for some reason have a very small incidence of accidents with firearms and alcohol. I guess the training and it being as normal handling both as it is for others to carry a cell phone and drink. It is a rare occurrance for killings as you have described. Not saying it can't happen tho.

Poaching is common here (SC) and I've never heard of a poacher ambushing a witness. Nor do people "normally" hunt/poach with semi-automatic weaspons, nor do people usually poach by riding around shooting out the back of a truck. Poachers here don't want to ruin the hides because they sell them. Poaching animals isn't at all like thrill killing.

That was Pat Brown, the criminal profiler, not Jessica Brown, the spokeperson for the OSBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member