Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, whoever did this...had to do it quick. They were on the side of the road in daylight with the potential for any number of other vehicles to come passing by. Not exactly the ideal spot for the slaying of two people.

I had a question though...I read/heard that the girls were found in a ditch but it didn't seem like there would be a ditch right there by the side of the road. How close to the actual road were they found and is this a dirt or paved road?
The ditch is really a slight depression then it goes into a very weedy and thick area of folliage according to the photos we have seen. If the memorial is any indication...they were laying in front of a tree in the weeds right beside the small ditch.

They were shot multiple times into the front of their bodies. They were faced with their shooter. One shooter doing both girls? I disagree. Both were found within feet of each other. No one ran. They never had a chance. IMVHO and from what hs been shared from LE.

I remember people thinking there was more than one murderer in the Brenda Groene, Slade Groene, and Mark Mckenzie case and then found out it to be Duncan acting alone. I think one shooter could have threatened the girls so that they were frozen in their tracks. He could have immediately shot at their legs causing them to fall.

Yes, evidently they considered themselves Mom and Dad. There is also no mention of the mother or father which I found very odd. I noticed she has the names of the other grandparents and their name. The Plackers are the father's parents evidently.

Also no mention of her sister or the brothers that the sister shows on her page. I think her grandparents must have legally adopted her as their daughter, so the relationships get really complicated.

I mean, whoever did this...had to do it quick. They were on the side of the road in daylight with the potential for any number of other vehicles to come passing by. Not exactly the ideal spot for the slaying of two people.

I had a question though...I read/heard that the girls were found in a ditch but it didn't seem like there would be a ditch right there by the side of the road. How close to the actual road were they found and is this a dirt or paved road?

Yea, that's why it's either a thrill kill, or a panicked kill to prevent the girls from talking about something. Thrill killers don't care what time of day it is or anything like that, and someone who panicked and killed them to shut them up had no choice in what time of day it was or who was passing by, they had to risk it to prevent something worse happening (in their minds)....being identified and going to jail, or more likely BACK to jail.
JMO
I'm trying to figure out what would trigger the murder of two little girls. And right now since the family seems to be out of the loop, and there wasn't rape, I have to say a thrill kill, or a foiled abduction attempt, then the person or persons freaked and killed the girls on the spot and took off.

Makes me wonder where their son is.

Another theory they were looking into was if the girls met someone on the internet and were meeting them.

Here's part of a former memorial to Taylor that was merged with the present one. It included her brothers and sisters:

Jessie Paschal of Weleetka, OK. Chris Placker of Sallisaw, OK. Sisters: Jennifer Paschal of Weleetka, OK. Linda Kaye Placker of Weleetka, OK.

Wait...are those half-brothers and sisters then? So the grandparents raised them all? This family is very confusing! Half have the Pashal name and the other half have the Placker name then Taylor had both!

And then you'd have to think about that if the POI is not the suspect, he's the second known witness on that road near the time the girls were shot. Jessica Brown stated in the presser that their were several witnesses now that saw that truck. How many she means I don't know. But it's starting to sound like plenty of people were near or on the road.

ETA: I do not remember the exact words Jessica used. I still haven't watched the entire presser.

Two weapons and different calibers. Can one POI be packing two different weapons and shoot both angels with such precision, such accuracy??? Sorry, I don't think so...

Two perps and two guns.

Wait...are those half-brothers and sisters then? So the grandparents raised them all? This family is very confusing! Half have the Pashal name and the other half have the Placker name then Taylor had both!

One of her brothers or sisters must be her biological parent.
At least one of these relatives has a violent criminal record.
I wonder about this relative's associates.

And then you'd have to think about that if the POI is not the suspect, he's the second known witness on that road near the time the girls were shot. Jessica Brown stated in the presser that their were several witnesses now that saw that truck. How many she means I don't know. But it's starting to sound like plenty of people were near or on the road.

ETA: I do not remember the exact words Jessica used. I still haven't watched the entire presser.

This guy could be a witness too, and for whatever reason (maybe he as a record) doesn't want to come forward, and now they are forcing him.
I'm not saying this guy did it, but I still lean toward a thrill kill, or a foiled abduction and a fast panicked kill. Two killers are more likely, but it's not necessarily out of the question that it was only one person.

JMO

Also no mention of her sister or the brothers that the sister shows on her page. I think her grandparents must have legally adopted her as their daughter, so the relationships get really complicated.

One of her brothers or sisters must be her biological parent.
At least one of these relatives has a violent criminal record.
I wonder about this relative's associates.

even though we know many relatives' names, the difficulty with understanding taylor's family tree, is there are step-families involved & a lot of nicknames. some may be confusing just like in my own family, my parents cousins are known to me as "uncle & aunt" although they are technically 2nd cousins.

yesterday there was discussion here about possible incarceration of close relatives. i've seen references to that in comments with news articles. that may explain her living with the grandparents. there are links to my space & blogs of some of her relatives..... but trust me, one would find charting most people's family tree challenging.

in any case, she was a darling girl who was loved by many, excelling in school & making big plans for her future, the loss of which has affected the hearts of so many who never even met her.

i have nothing but respect for the families of both girls.

Two weapons and different calibers. Can one POI be packing two different weapons and shoot both angels with such precision, such accuracy??? Sorry, I don't think so...

Two perps and two guns.

I don't have a clue how many people were involved. But you don't need accuracy with an automatic weapon. And the only shots that seem accurate is the head shots. One person could very well have downed the girls then used another weapon for the headshot. We can't assume the guns were fired simultanously by two people. I wish we knew which gun fired which shots. I have a feeling one gun fired the body shots, then another fired the head shots. JMO, IMO, etc etc.

This guy could be a witness too, and for whatever reason (maybe he as a record) doesn't want to come forward, and now they are forcing him.
I'm not saying this guy did it, but I still lean toward a thrill kill, or a foiled abduction and a fast panicked kill. Two killers are more likely, but it's not necessarily out of the question that it was only one person.

JMO

I don't think he is a witness. I think he is THE suspect. LE always prefaces that they only want to speak with them but yet they are putting the entire country on notice that they are looking for this man. I have never seen one of these cases turn out where the person they are seeking is innocent of wrongdoing but later it is determined they were the suspect all along.

I think he has disappeared because of the heat being on in that community. He most likely fled the area shortly after the crimes.

I think it is just as plausible that this man shot these children with the revolver which holds six bullets and when he knew he had only disabled them and they were still moving, most likely he drew another weapon that he had in his truck and shot 6 more times until they didn't move anymore. I think he is armed and dangerous. Wouldn't surprise me if he carries many guns.

I think he was probably trying to talk the girls into talking with him or going for a ride and they moved over to the ditch away from him and would not look his way and kept walking, ignoring him. He may have gone on by them then swung around and came back up to them and without warning he shot them both. I do believe he will have sexual assault charges in his past and when the girls rejected him.......he lay in wait and shot them as if they meant nothing.

I do think in away it was a thrill kill. IMO he relished it all with each pull of the trigger.

Imo if the witness or witnesses saw him in the road outside of his truck...the girls were coming toward him and he was waiting for them.

imoo

First free time I've had since this happened so I have to post my thoughts. This is what I first thought when I read about these killings.
It seems to me that this was planned. How likely is it that these young girls run into a killer within 30 minutes of leaving their home? I know it happens sometimes but this case to me has premeditation all over it. It seems more likely that the killer(s) were waiting for them. Maybe an online friendship of some kind and it was a planned meeting. The motive? I have not made up my mind yet on that. I also think the killer(s) are quite young. Guns are easy to get and in Oklahoma where many people hunt, seems like it might even be easier to obtain a gun.

We weren't trying to be disrespectful of her blended family. Figuring out the family dynamics can be important to lead to people outside the family who might have reason to harm the girls. Associations of her step-siblings, her biological mother's family or friends, and others could hold a key to these murders. This is the only reason we get into the family's business in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox