Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Brown (OSBI) went through this. The wind was blowing furiously in the direction to carry the sound away from their house and coupled with being inside...the AC on, the TV on, and other things buffering the sound...they may not have heard them. The people who did hear them said they were "unusual" which I would take to mean not like a rifle or shotgun which they would normally hear. I believe I read one witness and her son lived a mile away which I find interesting. I would like to know exactly where and what direction from the crime scene.

Comment posted on Youtube:
"I have family that live fairly close to Waleetka and "rumors" are that one of the girls told on a boy at school for drugs and he openly told her he would kill her 2 wks before this happen. The police went to talk to him and he had suddenly "ran away" from home and cant be located according to his parents. Its also thought the parents knows he had something to do with this and are helping him hide out because they refuse to report him as a missing person."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9bGWVgKmuU

which got me to remember and look for this…

June 12th – Lead Agent Rosser
In a news conference Wednesday, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent Ben Rosser said investigators are trying to find children who talked to the girls often and knew their habits.

"We're talking to young people because the victims were young,” Rosser said. "We've got leads, and we're talking to their friends, but a lot of people are harder to find than others.”

http://newsok.com/article/3256335
If that is true, it would explain Rosser's comment in the article and also explain why the girls didn't run. They knew the killers, yet had no idea what was coming.
Here you go! :)

Jessica Brown (OSBI) went through this. The wind was blowing furiously in the direction to carry the sound away from their house and coupled with being inside...the AC on, the TV on, and other things buffering the sound...they may not have heard them. The people who did hear them said they were "unusual" which I would take to mean not like a rifle or shotgun which they would normally hear. I believe I read one witness and her son lived a mile away which I find interesting. I would like to know exactly where and what direction from the crime scene.

True, it certainly would make a difference.

From the one witness we heard from they were outside when they heard the shots. Maybe the others were also.

imoo

Okay, so they see something - they take off running - he pulls up in the truck to cut them off - they stop running - he jumps out of the car - has a gun in hand. There they stand -

Everything and anything is a possibility, I realize that..... just brain storming.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They probably froze in their tracks when the truck pulled in front of them.

If this is the case...what occurred prior to him/them confronting the girls in such a manner?

*saw something they should not have
*overheard something they should not have
*interrupted something in progress
*attempted abduction gone awry
*thrill kill
*revenge kill

Could this man have been planning something and he was on a cellphone talking to someone about it...the girls came up on him before he realized they could hear him?

Thank you, SS :) i thought maybe it would automatically go to the new thread, with a little help from you it did ;)

Did anyone post this? If so, sorry for the duplicate.

False Hope From False Report

Cases that capture the attention of people tend to result in many false leads and false confessions.

"We've had several people who have acted or told other people they did it," says Brown. "They want their 15 minutes of fame. Typically they want people to think that they are dangerous people."

Brown says calls also come in from people who genuinely want to help, but she says those calls can hinder the investigation as well.

"It's not a big deal, but that's counterproductive," says Brown. "We need to get information on the case, specifically on the case, not theories. We have enough theories on our own."

http://www.ksbitv.com/news/20516384.html (Bolded by me)

The guy in the following link is wanted by the FBI in Oklahoma. Kinda looks like the sketch. Apparently has grown his hair long now. Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/alert/badillo_jg.htm

[SIZE=+1]TRANSPORTING A MINOR IN FOREIGN COMMERCE WITH INTENT TO ENGAGE IN SEXUAL ACTIVITY; TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS/VICTIM; FIRST DEGREE RAPE; POSSESSION OF CHILD *advertiser censored*[/SIZE] [SIZE=+3]JOSE GUSTAVO BADILLO[/SIZE]

badillo_jg1.jpg
badillo_jg2.jpg
[SIZE=-1]Photographs taken in 2005[/SIZE]​

Alias:Jose Gustavo Bidillo

Been thinking about this for awhile basically because of another case, where several posters were emailing LE with questions, theories, and information, then posters where emailing LE verifying that the emails people were posting were really from LE etc. It basically resulted in LE no longer communicating with any posters on that case. I wonder if there is anyway to have just one or two people per case be the contact with LE. I do not know how you would go about figuring out who those people would be, but it might prevent alot of duplicate information being sent to LE?

Excuse the rambling just something that has been running through my head.

Cases that capture the attention of people tend to result in many false leads and false confessions.

"We've had several people who have acted or told other people they did it," says Brown. "They want their 15 minutes of fame. Typically they want people to think that they are dangerous people."

Brown says calls also come in from people who genuinely want to help, but she says those calls can hinder the investigation as well.

"It's not a big deal, but that's counterproductive," says Brown. "We need to get information on the case, specifically on the case, not theories. We have enough theories on our own."

He is Hispanic, not NA. (His hair is quite wavy-looking, too.) There is a distinct difference in appearance and people of the area would recognize it.

Been thinking about this for awhile basically because of another case, where several posters were emailing LE with questions, theories, and information, then posters where emailing LE verifying that the emails people were posting were really from LE etc. It basically resulted in LE no longer communicating with any posters on that case. I wonder if there is anyway to have just one or two people per case be the contact with LE. I do not know how you would go about figuring out who those people would be, but it might prevent alot of duplicate information being sent to LE?

I can certainly see why it would be an emotional roller coaster for the families.
That has to be so earth shattering for them.....thinking they have found the killer only for it not to be true.

imoo

Since Christine has obviously set up a communication with them...I think it should be continued.

I am not surprised at the comments from Jessica Brown. Sleuth sites often won't be viewed from a legitimate standpoint by LE because of such issues. You get too many people sending in theories and speculation when they need actual facts and leads directly relating to the girls (ie. I saw the crime, I know the POI, etc). This is why I rarely contact LE unless there is something very specific to alert them to.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They probably froze in their tracks when the truck pulled in front of them.

Vehicle idling - I could smell the fumes.

"Just pay! Pay for me!"

pop tarts

They froze. It was sudden. They passed so fast, they didn't realize they were dead at first.

eternal flame

Just to let you know about Tulsa's gang problem...here is a perfect example:

Tulsa Police are looking for a group of teenagers they say robbed two men at gunpoint Sunday night.

~snip~

The victims say the teens were hiding between several parked cars, and were carrying handguns and a shotgun.

The suspects are described as four black males between 14 and 16 years old.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=fd7487cf-79bf-450d-96d3-414a712a4e41&rss=701

More:
(NORTH TULSA, Okla.) June 19 - A drive-by shooting overnight has police searching for answers this morning.

Officers say around 1:30 this morning someone shot into a house where six people, including children were inside asleep.

Police say right now there are no suspects and no witnesses.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=2b792b64-006f-439f-a12a-d9329a9a7e7a&rss=77

I could post these almost every day here. (The same goes for OKC news.)

I haven't seen this article SS.

I understand OSBI is unidated. However, there could be that one theory they haven't thought of. I sure hope they aren't rejecting ideas from the public.

They're holding back on key evidence with the public already, probably for there own valid reasons. However, seems to me they are coming to a stand still, with relying on the POI to crack this case.

He is probably in Mexico already.

I would have to assume by Brown's comments they are rejecting theories and speculation from the public right now. They need facts and not ideas.

Mexico?!

I would have to assume by Brown's comments they are rejecting theories and speculation from the public right now. They need facts and not ideas.

Mexico?!

So are we to assume then that based on all the facts, they can catch who did this?

OT: This is a flashback to when the other "Brown" in NC stated that Laurean would be caught, and he was able to flee to Mexico on a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther