Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea is to follow up the leads they already have to hopefully take them in the right direction to solve this case. People have been coming forward from the immediate area and it is what they need to concentrate on for the moment. They did say their investigation has taken them to Tulsa, OKC, and Sallisaw (IIRC). Maybe from those communities more information will be gleaned and can see where it takes them.

Ah, OK...but in the Laurean case...he had relatives there and he fit in with the culture being he was from Mexico. I could see this NA going almost anywhere in OK, TX, NM, CO and fitting in...which is the problem. He doesn't have to travel very far for that.

I ran across a fella that struck up a conversation with me last week. He mentioned he was Irish and Choctaw (he did not look NA). He also mentioned he had cut his hair which was really long. If his hair had not been reddish/brown and had he looked anything like the sketch...I would have called him in already. (He also had what seemed to be a lazy eye or something.) Anyway, those are the leads they need.

So are we to assume then that based on all the facts, they can catch who did this?

OT: This is a flashback to when the other "Brown" in NC stated that Laurean would be caught, and he was able to flee to Mexico on a bus.

You're speaking of the Lauterbach/Laurean case, and yes he did flee to Mexico, he was born there, so no surprise, and now we're waiting to see if he fights Extradition.

This case is different in that the crime was reported immediately and the Media was on top of it from the start. With Sheriff Brown, it was not the case as it took some time before they knew they were dealing with a horrific murder case.

Boy would I like to know what they (they being all LE on this case) and what Skyla's and Taylor's parents think as to what the heck caused this!!

LE probably has a good idea, but aren't going to say.

The poor parents and grands must be starting to come out of the shock and into the reality of their girls being gone. I feel so sorry for them not knowing what happened. For their sake, I would hope LE keeps them better informed...but from that article I posted above...I don't know that they are telling them anything either. Very sad.

Been thinking about this a lot..... here's a theory. First, there seem to be a lot of things about this case being thrown around as FACTUAL that may or may not be. This theory may have already been offered by another poster -- if so, I apologize. I try to keep up with this but it is extremely difficult, as this case is drawing hundreds of posts per day.

My theory:

Botched child abduction by a pedophile.

Most pedophiles would not try to abduct TWO kids at once -- that's pretty ballsy. UNLESS you have a gun -- you could intimidate the kids easily enough to enter your vehicle together. OR you have a partner. Or both.

Since most reports are speaking of only ONE POI at the scene, I'm going with the single abductor with a gun. The girls were found close together -- but not side by side, correct? The abductor stops, threatens them with a weapon. One girl starts to go with him -- the other begins to run. He shoots her. Then he has to shoot the other because she saw everything and can identify him. He adds shots from the 2nd gun to throw off the investigation. (A last minute brainstorm on his part?)

Or maybe the girls were not actually walking TOGETHER at the time. Maybe one had run ahead of the other. Maybe they had a petty argument? Girls that age can and will. Maybe one ran ahead of the other -- the abductor approaches, attempts to abduct her, then realizes the 2nd girl coming up the road, has to shoot her because she's screaming and yelling at him? Then has to shoot the other because she saw everything?

This case is so freakin' confusing. :(

I don't know how it went down, but I'm leaning toward an abducton gone wrong, maybe Taylor's cell started to ring, maybe the POI heard another car coming?
Who knows, but that makes most sense to me, other than a thrill killing.

I'm a little sad to hear the LE is no closer in Id'ing the poi.

I don't know how it went down, but I'm leaning toward an abducton gone wrong, maybe Taylor's cell started to ring, maybe the POI heard another car coming?
Who knows, but that makes most sense to me, other than a thrill killing.

I'm a little sad to hear the LE is no closer in Id'ing the poi.
Just my opinion here, but if the POI heard a car coming it seems to me he wouldn't start discharging his firearm as it would only attract attention.

About Taylors cell phone, since she carried it with her, I wonder why her grandparents didn't call her to come home instead of going to look for her.

Originally Posted by cloudajo
Comment posted on Youtube:
"I have family that live fairly close to Waleetka and "rumors" are that one of the girls told on a boy at school for drugs and he openly told her he would kill her 2 wks before this happen. The police went to talk to him and he had suddenly "ran away" from home and cant be located according to his parents. Its also thought the parents knows he had something to do with this and are helping him hide out because they refuse to report him as a missing person."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9bGWVgKmuU

Have you read the comments related to this link...all of them? I know we frown on "gossip" but I caught a comment from someone that stated he talked to the GF

Now to something else..I was watching a show about these kids who made their own gang up they wanted to be bad azz boys anyway for no reason other than being mean basicaly they took their friend and shot her, on a dirt road in the back of the head. I think the show was on Tru TV.

J...
SNIP
About Taylors cell phone, since she carried it with her, I wonder why her grandparents didn't call her to come home instead of going to look for her.

That is a very important question.

Just my opinion here, but if the POI heard a car coming it seems to me he wouldn't start discharging his firearm as it would only attract attention.

I thought g'pa DID call, she didn't answer so he went looking for her.

What is so striking about this case are the odd factors. I could see one or two but this case seems to have three.

* The crime itself. Two young girls gunned down not far from the one girl's home on a late Sunday afternoon. Two young girls and it's not sexual?

* The behavior of LE. They need public assistance to solve the case but they seem to be pushing the public away. First Sheriff Rice and now OSBI's Brown "complain" about the publics input. Well sorrrry. At first I thought they were keeping everything so hush hush to protect witnesses but I don't think that anymore. I think the public is being patted on the head and told to go outside and play.

* The behavior of the families. The families are either behaving the way they are because this is their style or personalities or there is more going on in the background then we know. I don't know what to think.

It is my understanding that the grandmother did try and call her but got no answer, therefore the grandfather went to look for them.

I thought they called too. When there was no answer the Grandfather then went to look for them.

They did call it she did not answer it. So grandpa went looking for them.

The bodies of 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker were found Sunday by Taylor's grandfather, Peter, after he became worried when his wife tried calling the girl's cellular phone and got no answer.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8450014 < Story has one girl's photo

This statement is on the very first thread.

The other thing I have wondered is because of the outrage of two innocent young girls being murdered, if LE is getting a tight lip on things because they want to make sure they have everything they need to make an arrest stick, and they do not want the towns people to know what direction the investigation is going in for fear of people taking things into their own hands.

The other thing I have wondered is because of the outrage of two innocent young girls being murdered, if LE is getting a tight lip on things because they want to make sure they have everything they need to make an arrest stick, and they do not want the towns people to know what direction the investigation is going in for fear of people taking things into their own hands.

Yes, and look at past issues with jury selections, etc. Too much media hurts.

I'm not talking about him shooting when he heard a car, but the car stopped him from the abduction, and he shot after the car passed. Maybe he already tried to talk to the girls and was ignored, or they said something smart to him.
Maybe he's been in jail for a sex crime and didn't want to go back and killed them to prevent them from telling. Maybe he's a registered sex offender, but in another state, and the poi is not registered in the state he currently lives (oklahoma)?
idk..just throwing out theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member