Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just marking a place so I don't lose this thread. I thought the trial was supposed to have started by now.

Is there a date set yet? Or is 'near the end of the year' still the best guess?
Also, does anyone know if the trial will be streamed? What are the courts like in GA as far as discovery and releasing info to the public?
TIA!

Is there a date set yet? Or is 'near the end of the year' still the best guess?
Also, does anyone know if the trial will be streamed? What are the courts like in GA as far as discovery and releasing info to the public?
TIA!

I am guessing if the judge allows cameras, the local media will definitely stream the trial live. Not sure about national, but CNN/HLN are located right in Atlanta, which might influence their decision. Considering that we have seen very little documents released about the case, and nothing really reported on motions and hearings, I feel like Georgia courts must not be very open? One thing I do not understand is when they were saying jury selection was going to start in January, but I feel like we heard absolutely nothing about the case from September when JRH was indicted to that point...not even the change of venue argument.

Nothing to do with the investigation, but they are planning to name a section of a park system after little Cooper:

Cobb County could soon get a new multi-million-dollar park, complete with various courts, a walking trial, a spray park and even a velodrome. The proposed Cobb International Village would be built in the area of Bells Ferry and North Booth roads near Kennesaw. Part of Cobb International Village would be dedicated to Cooper Harris.

Cooper's Cove would honor the little boy, raise awareness about his death and try to prevent such a tragedy from happening again.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/kennesaw/2015/05/11/cooper-harris-playground/27107129/

The comments are saying it is not a park, it's more like a gigantic entertainment complex. Not sure how that is going to prevent hot car deaths. It's almost offensive too.

I really really really hate the idea of calling it Cooper's Tree House. That's the nickname (the tree house) of the building JRH was sitting in all day while poor Cooper was dying of heat stroke in the parking lot, literally clawing his own skin off in an attempt to escape.

I just can't.

Any word on this trial?

No recent updates that I have found, but my guess is it will be sometime between November and February. I've mentioned before that I think his attorneys will make every attempt to avoid temps that will heat up the jurors' cars while they're hearing the case. They do not want them going out and getting in a stifling hot vehicle after hearing about Cooper being left in one all day.

Thanks SmartSassay for the updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member