Soccer Game ... No really, "the" Soccer Game

Eurosport along with US Soccer Federation sponsor a program called Passback where anyone can send their used soccer gear to Eurosport and then Eurosport will find a home for it somewhere in the world.

CASL, standing for Capital Area Soccer League, is a partner of Eurosport and donates their old uniforms to a club in Africa, which Eurosport ships to them. If you guys want to see an amazing program, you can learn more at http://www.passback.com/

golfmom said:
But did the league actually pay for everything they received?
Or received everything what was ordered in their names?

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:z7g4wbebI1IJ:www.caslnc.com/the%2520goal/Sept2004GOAL/Sept04OnlineGoal.htm+%22La+Liga+de+Raleigh%22+Eurosport&hl=en

CASL-Nairobi players are seen here sporting some of the gear donated by CASL in North Carolina.

CASL-Nairobi Appreciates Donated Gear
Dear CASL:
CASL-Nairobi is extremely excited to receive your kind donation. Also, thanks to Eurosport for taking the responsibility of shipping the gear.

Editor’s Note: CASL recently sent 12 large boxes of soccer gear to our “sister club,” CASL-Nairobi in Kenya. The boxes were filled with shin guards, cleats, uniforms, goalkeeper jerseys, socks, goal nets, coaching books, goalkeeper gloves, training t-shirts, and soccer balls. Eurosport generously paid for the shipping of these items as part of its global effort to encourage youth soccer programs in impoverished areas. CASL and CASL-Nairobi are separate youth soccer organizations that from time to time work cooperatively on special projects to enhance character, family, community and love of the game.

munch said:
Eurosport along with US Soccer Federation sponsor a program called Passback where anyone can send their used soccer gear to Eurosport and then Eurosport will find a home for it somewhere in the world.

CASL, standing for Capital Area Soccer League, is a partner of Eurosport and donates their old uniforms to a club in Africa, which Eurosport ships to them. If you guys want to see an amazing program, you can learn more at http://www.passback.com/

That does sound like a great program. I've been involved in programs recycling golf equipment and reshafting them for kids. So it sounds like the league purchased new equipment and passed on their old equipment to a worth cause.

munch said:

Keep going! Keep going! You're addind lots of clarity to many of the nitty gritty things we've questioned for days! And, thanks!

Sounds like a truly amazing program actually!

SouthEastSleuth said:
Keep going! Keep going! You're addind lots of clarity to many of the nitty gritty things we've questioned for days! And, thanks!

Sounds like a truly amazing program actually!

You can't tell that we're starved for new news around here can you?

Munch, do you happen to know the names of leagues that Raven might have played with?

golfmom said:
Munch, do you happen to know the names of leagues that Raven might have played with?

As of last fall, I don't have "confirmed" leagues that he played in. Although I know he went to Charlotte to play there some and I believe he played in a Chapel Hill or Raleigh league, which are in Orange and Wake county, respectively. I know that someone checked into the assault charge and found nothing in Durham county. I think that's because it didn't happen in the Durham league.

munch said:
As of last fall, I don't have "confirmed" leagues that he played in. Although I know he went to Charlotte to play there some and I believe he played in a Chapel Hill or Raleigh league, which are in Orange and Wake county, respectively. I know that someone checked into the assault charge and found nothing in Durham county. I think that's because it didn't happen in the Durham league.

You wouldn't happen to know where that happened would you?

golfmom said:
You wouldn't happen to know where that happened would you?

I don't know where exactly, the assault charge was filed, or even if the charge was dropped, etc...I believe it was in the "triange" area, which would be Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine, there has to be a record of it somewhere if it exists...

munch said:
I don't know where exactly, the assault charge was filed, or even if the charge was dropped, etc...I believe it was in the "triange" area, which would be Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine, there has to be a record of it somewhere if it exists...
Welcome Munch and thanks for all the information. Did you hear any details about what game Raven was playing on April 26?

Ok, so I said I was digging around in our old "stuff." And something occurs to me (that I'm sure you guys thought about weeks ago, but bear with me..)..

This soccer game.

The ONLY reference to this soccer game that I can find is in an initial news story on WTVD (which is the local ABC affiliate, based in Durham). They did reference it again, later, in a follow-up story. Based on all the media links I just went through and read, not one other media outlet reported the soccer game info.

Further, WTVD reported the following line in that initial story:

"Family members tell Eyewitness News that her husband, Raven, went to a soccer game and found his wife's body when he got home."

That's it, that's all we have. That according to WTVD, FAMILY MEMBERS (Raven's or Janet's, we have no idea) reported that Raven went to a soccer game.

Never has there been a quote from ANYONE in LE regarding Raven's alibi for that night. Never.

I've ALWAYS thought it odd that not one single person has ever come forth, at least here, or in media, to verify the soccer "alibi." It would seem like such a ridiculously easy "out" as far as forcing attention away from Raven as a suspect. Now, that said, who knows, perhaps 25 different people have vouched for Raven's presence at a soccer game that night. Who knows. And, if that's indeed the case, why such silence about it??

I know how media outlets love to get some scoop. But I also thought it odd that not one other media outlet reported that information (that I can find anyway...correct me if I'm wrong).

Makes you wonder - did Raven actually go to a soccer game that night?

I recall someone posting something about a pickup game. I sure would like to have some more info on that... but, wouldn't we all!

Now, all of that said. If Raven did indeed play soccer that night, and someone has verifiable proof of this.... then I say, BRING IT ON!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/news/042805_NW_abaroa.html

:doh: I've said a number of times how strange I found it that no one has ever come forward to say that they've played soccer with Raven. Not even talking about as an alibi, but as a person on his team or an opponent.

I remember originally thinking that the soccer game alibi was UNVERIFIED, but quite frankly it passed over into VERIFIED information in my brain quite a long time ago.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

SES & GM--I remember talking about the whole "family members" quote. And I wonder, GM, if it slipped into your VALIDATED file because NCBanker (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) said that he had information from his cousin verifying it.

So, I think that maybe we need to put it into the UNVALIDATED pile (isn't that getting full yet?) because there's been no word from LE about it or any credible post-er here saying that he was actually playing a game.

Here's another theory--maybe no one remembers him because he came late? or maybe he didn't usually show up at this particular pick-up game? If there's someone out there who can't sign up to post here, could they make a comment on Mr. AG's blog? Mr. AG, I'm sure you could handle that information, right? And then maybe post the quote here? Or is that a violation of some sort, Timex?

Im not getting into how ya'll are going to determine what has or has not been validated. Ive seen posts where Rooster says he/she is validating something...if that's considered validated by ya'lls standards, thats fine.

As for me personally, untill I hear it from LE or at trial, I wouldnt think much of it. I dont say that to undermine anyone...I say it because I honestly dont know who posters are here, so have no way of knowing if what they say is fact or not. Anyone could sign up and say....Yeah, I was with raven that night at the soccer game". That would mean nothing to me, as I would have no way of knowing if the person was or was not. I hope that makes sense, and doesnt sound condensending, because it wasnt intended to be.

Timex said:
Im not getting into how ya'll are going to determine what has or has not been validated. Ive seen posts where Rooster says he/she is validating something...if that's considered validated by ya'lls standards, thats fine.

As for me personally, untill I hear it from LE or at trial, I wouldnt think much of it. I dont say that to undermine anyone...I say it because I honestly dont know who posters are here, so have no way of knowing if what they say is fact or not. Anyone could sign up and say....Yeah, I was with raven that night at the soccer game". That would mean nothing to me, as I would have no way of knowing if the person was or was not. I hope that makes sense, and doesnt sound condensending, because it wasnt intended to be.
Point taken. However, should someone come on to WS, and claim to have been with Raven that evening, playing soccer, or whatever, one would hope that that same person would share that information with LE (unless they already have of course).

You are absolutely right though Timex - ANYONE could come on here, sign up, and post, "Hey guys, ok, I was with Raven playing soccer that night." But, coming on here and making a statement like that has consequences as well -

Anyone coming on this board and just spouting off information, surely must know from reading the posts, that most anything they say will be grabbed onto, and pursued, doggedly, in order to validate, or, dismiss...

And do remember, GM contacted LE in Durham weeks ago, informing them about this board, and passing along various bits of pertinent information. Accordingly, my first question/comment to anyone posting that sort of comment would be, "That's great! So you've shared this with LE already, right? And if not, we need to pass that along to the invesigator in charge."

That still would not obviously prove anything, no. It relates to a post I made earlier today - the ONLY comment we have regarding the soccer game at all, is from a media source, who attributed the commment to "family members."

Validation, confirmation, whatever you want to call it, in MY mind anyway, come with undeniable PROOF. Facts, as they say, are facts!

Everything you say is true. But LE isnt going to be bothered chasing down every nut that posts on these boards. We get them during every case. LE simply doesnt have the resources to check every person that makes a claim here. Do they read here? Im sure they do. Are they going to tell us if someone here is yanking our chain? I highly doubt it, and would consider it very unprofessional for them to do so.

ewwwinteresting said:
Should I be offended?:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ya'll REALLY have to stop reading so much into every word I post on these boards.

Looking at this picture, I noticed a dog tie on the porch. In the video, we saw Janet giving the dogs water on the porch. It was posted, that the dogs were in their kennel the night of Janet's murder. If Raven was leaving at night for a soccer game, why wouldn't the dogs be tied on the porch for some protection for his wife/baby from a possible intruder? I am thinking that if the dogs were in the kennel for the night, nobody was planning on leaving that night!
IMGA0403.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back