Sochi Winter Olympics: Video threat emerges amid security concerns

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/olympics...hreatening-kidnapping-of-two-olympic-athletes

The Austrian Olympic Committee has received an anonymous letter containing a kidnap threat against Alpine skier Bernadette Schild and skeleton pilot Janine Flock during the Sochi Games.

Mennel said Flock "trusts in our security measures," adding that Austrian athletes will be accompanied by members of a police special taskforce when they leave the Olympic Village. "We have two security people here and if the threat is confirmed as actual we will give additional security to the athletes."

Imo if it weren't for the financial gain winning a metal could bring, some of the athletes would not go to Sochi. Security may be able to keep the athletes safe but I worry about the soft targets. Visitors advised don't wear USA symbols that's scary. Jmo

ciao

Russian Neo-Nazis Made These Horrifying Videos of Anti-LGBT Attacks

An Uzbek migrant sits on his knees, hands clasped in his lap, resigned to a grim fate at the hands of the Russian neo-Nazi group “Occupy Pedophilia.” Captured for public torture, he has the deep misfortune of being a gay man in a country where homophobia has taken a violent turn.

Russia, host of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi—which kicks off in just three days—has done little to follow the principle of nondiscrimination, a core provision of the Olympic Charter.
While it is a member of the Council of Europe and party to multiple human rights treaties, the country hasn't faced any repercussions for failing to provide common protections for LGBT people, the advocates said.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-neo-nazis-made-horrifying-videos-anti-lgbt-221559160.html

I wish the U.S. would have boycotted these games. Putin is a sociopath, and a violator of human rights. He and his criminal minions are pathetic.

An Uzbek migrant sits on his knees, hands clasped in his lap, resigned to a grim fate at the hands of the Russian neo-Nazi group “Occupy Pedophilia.” Captured for public torture, he has the deep misfortune of being a gay man in a country where homophobia has taken a violent turn.

Russia, host of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi—which kicks off in just three days—has done little to follow the principle of nondiscrimination, a core provision of the Olympic Charter.
While it is a member of the Council of Europe and party to multiple human rights treaties, the country hasn't faced any repercussions for failing to provide common protections for LGBT people, the advocates said.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-neo-nazis-made-horrifying-videos-anti-lgbt-221559160.html

I wish the U.S. would have boycotted these games. Putin is a sociopath, and a violator of human rights. He and his criminal minions are pathetic.

I totally agree. Can't you just hear NBC complaining about all the money they have spent for the rights to broadcast the games? Greed trumps human life. JMV

True about the soft targets, but I fear there could well be someone on the inside doing a good job of keeping a low profile. It would be foolish to trust anyone.

I believe any terrorists set on causing choas and injury have been in the area for months to set up and not seem out of place. I do hope it is a peaceful olympics, and Good Luck to all athletes.

These are neo-nazi doing this. Not the police. Not the Russian government. Hate crimes. They happen in every country in the world.

It's not Illegal to be gay in Russia. In some countries you can be hung for being gay. (Saudi Arabia) In some US states it is Illegal to be gay still. That is a violation of human rights. All Russia wants is for the children to be left alone, is that so much to ask?

Look at kids in the US coming out as being gay while still in school. They are bullied so badly they take their own life.

These are neo-nazi doing this. Not the police. Not the Russian government. Hate crimes. They happen in every country in the world.

It's not Illegal to be gay in Russia. In some countries you can be hung for being gay. (Saudi Arabia) In some US states it is Illegal to be gay still. That is a violation of human rights. All Russia wants is for the children to be left alone, is that so much to ask?

Look at kids in the US coming out as being gay while still in school. They are bullied so badly they take their own life.

I can't tell if you're being serious or satirical in this post. Russian leaders and the Russian government are condoning and encouraging the brutal beating and ostracism of gays in their country. A "homosexual propaganda law" (whatever that is) was just put into effect. And of course Putin's "leave the children alone" statement is laughably ignorant, offensive, and homophobic. No, actually, it's not laughable, it's disgusting. The man is dangerous. They may claim it's not illegal to be gay in Russia, you just never better be caught expressing your sexuality publicly or privately, or all bets are off. The persecution of gay citizens in Russia is sick and shameful. Our country should not be turning a blind eye to the violent oppression of a segment of their society, nor should we be profiting from it. Would we be pussy footing around Putin's tacit approval of gay persecution if instead of gays it was Jews? Red heads? Catholics? I don't think so.

My Uncle is a member of the Canadian media contingent, Sochi 2014. Hotel is ok, very comfy beds, hot water (strange colour though). Has electricity but room is completely lacking light bulbs and the TV doesn't work. Food is ok but very expensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back