South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand this. I can't stand how those people in SH are. I can't stand how the school covers everything and the police do nothing. I can't stand it. I'm so upset I'm crying right now. Poor Phoebe. Poor Phoebe's friends. Poor other students getting picked on. :(:furious::liar::liar::liar::puke:
That's exactly how I feel, WaddupYo...and why they need to be exposed for who they are. To me, it's like the world can see what they are doing...but they think they are fooling us all into believing everything is peachy keen. But it's not...and we know. The emperor has no clothes.

IMO

Can't the school administration be fired? Protests, letters, something?!

No No NO I can not accept this. Something has to be done. What can we do as residents of other states? Something has to be done. It seems this stupid school runs this town!
That is a good question. What can be done? I think there needs to be pressure brought on that federal civil rights watchdog, I posted the link earlier. She said they are watching how the state handles it. SO...it would seem to me, pressure brought to bear on the State, or this group, might be helpful. Not that I am organizing anything. I AM NOT. I was timed out before, almost 2 years ago...I do not want to repeat that horrific, scarring nightmare...:angel:

Can't the school administration be fired? Protests, letters, something?!
I'm so tired tonight, waddup, I'm short on ideas. I'll wait for others...
It's depressing. They seem SO dysfunctional, to me. And THESE are the Adults! 'Apple doesn't fall far from the tree'...comes to mind.

I'm gonna go for a walk. Play with my kids. Do some work. Something to take my mind off. Take care all. "see" ya in the AM.
xoxoxo

Sorry this is kind of morose and off topic. I know there’s a lot of discussion going on tonight with the committee meeting and all. It’s just something I realized a few days ago when it clicked that Jan 14th was a Thursday and thus was the first day of one of my classes and a memorable one at that because I remember how annoyed I was getting by everything that afternoon. I keep going back to that day and realizing what was happening about 6 hours north of me at the same time and it’s just been kind of haunting. It feels like it could have just been yesterday. It’s been going around in my head for a few days and since it’s been three months today I figured I’d share and hopefully some of you won’t mind.

I also thought about what was I doing that day. And the answer is... I can't remember. It was a completely nothing day for me. Didn't even have any meetings on my calendar from that day. Just, a nothing day for me while it was THE day for a girl all alone.

I wonder what's going on someplace else right now that could be prevented? :(

I've been pretty busy today so I didn't have time to do much besides post those pictures in the other thread. Didn't get to watch the stream of the meeting in SH tonight, but I did skim the Masslive forum and comments elsewhere.

Essentially this entire day in South Hadley was a sham. The students this afternoon had some kind of rally about stopping the hate (last fall would have been nice). Speakers that were not supportive of the school administration were cut off and taken out by the police. Supporters were allowed to speak. Nice.

I guess I'm just a cynic, but frankly I pretty much expected this. I think that:

The students knew and did nothing (and some actively participated) and a good portion of them wanting the media and all the attention to go away is due to guilt over their actions or inactions. I think this "rally" this afternoon was encouraged and abetted by the alleged adults in the school.

The school administration completely failed this girl. Their behavior since is surprising only in its clumsy ineptitude. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how pathetic their transparent attempts to brush this aside have been. Afterall, had they been competent in the first place none of this would have happened.

I think the townsfolk in general are sick of the attention, but most are just closing ranks and blaming outsiders (the media, us out here on the 'net, Phoebe...).

And speaking of Phoebe. I think a great deal of the closing of ranks in that school and that town has to do with the fact that Phoebe Prince was, and to these people always will be, an outsider.

Had she never come to South Hadley, none of their terrible misfortunes would have come about. Just look at their explanations for things. Phoebe was popular, the boys liked her, no wonder the girls were mad at her (Phoebe's fault). Phoebe was different, she stood out with her accent, no wonder the boys were interested (Phoebe's fault). She was weak, she had depression, she got no support elsewhere, hey we even heard that she tried to commit suicide before so... don't you see? (Phoebe's fault) Our poor kids are getting harrassed and threatened on the internet, just like they allegedly did to Phoebe but it wasn't as bad as people make out (Phoebe's fault).

Phoebe Prince was an outsider, and the majority of the students, administration and townspeople are angry at her for causing all of their misfortune.

What we've seen tonight is just the start of how the people in South Hadley are going to fight this. I really think that if this thing actually starts looking like it will go to a trial that we'll see a real ramp up in disclosures about Phoebe like people suddenly being willing to talk to the media about Phoebe in a negative light.

Trials (if it comes to it) like this often get moved so the defendants can get a fair jury. Reading the accounts of this meeting tonight, I've now decided that I want this trial moved as far from South Hadley as possible.

I think Phoebe doesn't stand a chance if anybody from this town is on a jury.

Had she never come to South Hadley, none of their terrible misfortunes would have come about. Just look at their explanations for things. Phoebe was popular, the boys liked her, no wonder the girls were mad at her (Phoebe's fault). Phoebe was different, she stood out with her accent, no wonder the boys were interested (Phoebe's fault). She was weak, she had depression, she got no support elsewhere, hey we even heard that she tried to commit suicide
before so... don't you see? (Phoebe's fault) Our poor kids are getting harrassed and threatened on the internet, just like they allegedly did to Phoebe but it wasn't as bad as people make out (Phoebe's fault).

Phoebe Prince was an outsider, and the majortiy of the students, administration and townspeople are angry at her for causing all of their misfortune.

how very sad and true. agh I don't even know what to say. should probably just go to bed :(

I also thought about what was I doing that day. And the answer is... I can't remember. It was a completely nothing day for me. Didn't even have any meetings on my calendar from that day. Just, a nothing day for me while it was THE day for girl all alone.

I wonder what's going on someplace else right now that could be prevented? :(
January 14th is my Brother's birthday. I don't remember what we did...but I will remember Phoebe on the next birthday.

Lawrence...you make a good point about the jury pool. Could they, would they ask for change of venue? Would it be in South Hadley or Springfield, I wonder?

OH! I just had the most disturbing thought. Was there ANYTHING around Phoebe that was found that she could have possibly stood on to tie the scarf and then jump off of? There has to be or...
We need to learn more about that, for sure, waddupyo...

I'm not sure if someone posted this...but would someone please tell me how you have a meeting, when you are forbidden from asking questions? Is this a new fangled kinda meeting? Or is it something in the water...? Wow...
SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) - The "speak-out" portion of Wednesday night's South Hadley School Committee meeting was heated, volatile and tense.

At times there were back and fourth barbs being exchanged between concerned citizens and parents during their 'turn' to speak with members of the School Committee. Many residents were not pleased as the board was sure to enforce the rules with anyone who stepped-up to the microphone.

Each speaker was held to a strict time limit, was not allowed to talk about Phoebe Prince, and was not permitted to ask any questions of the Committee.
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/heated-south-hadley-speak-out

Lawrence...you make a good point about the jury pool. Could they, would they ask for change of venue? Would it be in South Hadley or Springfield, I wonder?

I'm in IT, not law, lol. I supposed the moving of cases varies a great deal from state to state. The thought about the jury and moving the case occurred to me only as I was typing that post, and though I've never followed a case like this before, it just seems like all the big cases get moved around. I hope this one does too.

OH! I just had the most disturbing thought. Was there ANYTHING around Phoebe that was found that she could have possibly stood on to tie the scarf and then jump off of? There has to be or...

oy..I must have read this 15 times and my dense self couldn't figure out what you were trying to say...thought you accidentally hit submit before you finished your sentence. Now that I'm half asleep I understand. and my reaction is :no: :\ very disturbing indeed - have been trying not to think about the "act" so much but very good question even if it makes me feel ill :(

I'm guessing they take pictures of the scene even when suicide is presumed, right?

We need to learn more about that, for sure, waddupyo...

I think until we actually learn details of the house and the actual scene, I'm pretty much sticking with the idea that there is an interior stairwell and she either used the railing and went over the side (hence the hanging in the stairwell reports) or at the top of the stairwell on the landing there was a closet or wardrobe she used (hence the closet/wardrobe references seen in some articles).

I'm not sure if someone posted this...but would someone please tell me how you have a meeting, when you are forbidden from asking questions? Is this a new fangled kinda meeting? Or is it something in the water...? Wow...

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/heated-south-hadley-speak-out

how can one not speak about Phoebe when she is the reason for the meeting? Let's face it - if she was still here this meeting would not be taking place. Gee, let's not talk about the elephant standing in the middle of the room. I can understand maintaining a respectful tone but the fact is Phoebe is the one who lost her life here and from what I've read and skimmed it seems those who were advocating for Phoebe were the ones silenced. ah! I think you were right in the other thread Paladine, let's get some testing done over there. Think something bad is in their water.

I think until we actually learn details of the house and the actual scene, I'm pretty much sticking with the idea that there is an interior stairwell and she either used the railing and went over the side (hence the hanging in the stairwell reports) or at the top of the stairwell on the landing there was a closet or wardrobe she used (hence the closet/wardrobe references seen in some articles).

man...good thinking but I should have done what I said I was gonna do 15 mins ago and went to bed :( I have several images in my head that I do not wish to be there. puppies, kittens, rainbows, fluffy unicorns, etc. la la laaaa

Yes. Until we know more...we really know nothing, imo.

how can one not speak about Phoebe when she is the reason for the meeting? Let's face it - if she was still here this meeting would not be taking place. Gee, let's not talk about the elephant standing in the middle of the room. I can understand maintaining a respectful tone but the fact is Phoebe is the one who lost her life here and from what I've read and skimmed it seems those who were advocating for Phoebe were the ones silenced. ah! I think you were right in the other thread Paladine, let's get some testing done over there. Think something bad is in their water.

They want her gone. That's the beginning, middle and end of this story. They did not care what happened to her when she was there, and now she's this big "problem" that they want to just go away so they can go back to their happy little small town lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname