Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024

These two messages. Reports are that one text is not authentic. Does that mean she did meet Mr. Perfect while taking a walk shortly before she disappeared?

"The text message, seen by CNN, added that the man had approached her on the street a day earlier while she was walking. “Amazing connection. Like I never had before,” the text ended."​

She told a friend that she connected intensely with a stranger on the street. The next text, possibly about the new friend, is not authentic.

"Around the time she went missing, Rameau received a WhatsApp message from Knezevich Henao that read: “I met someone wonderful!! He has a summer house about 2h (hours) from Madrid. We are going there now and I will spend a few days there. Signal is spotty. I’ll call you when I get back.”​

Does that mean that someone targeted her on the street, possibly knowing more about her than she realized, and used that information to create an "amazing connection", only to vanish her a day or so later?

Last edited:
I actually can't remember now; is Felipe Henao based in Florida or Colombia? Either way, having flown to the latter from Madrid, it's not cheap. Here's hoping the poor guy can get some funding.

If I understand correctly, Felipe is in the US. But, international travels are not cheap.

You know, @FacelessPodcast, I am not sure that his presence in Spain at this point in time is necessary for the case. The first few days it was very important, yes. To say, this is not my sister's text. Or, even, "she never used to clean the apartment this way". But now, after so many days, it may not matter that much. Her friends and DK's presence in Spain is still very important. JMO. But I understand the brother's strong human desire to be where his sister disappeared. He is just a good brother.
I think and hope Felipe will get to Spain, eventually.

Last edited:
It was discussed extensively upthread that attorneys in the U.S. do not recommend that their clients take a polygraph test since they are not allowed to be used as evidence for or against a person in court as the tests do not meet the standards of scientific reliability. So not surprising that the attorney for DK would advise client against it.

Hopefully by now the police know far more than we do and are on the right track to solve this case. I'd hate it to become one of those instances that remain a puzzle years later or where the solution is apparent but insufficient evidence to prosecute means that the perpetrator walks free.

Hopefully by now the police know far more than we do and are on the right track to solve this case. I'd hate it to become one of those instances that remain a puzzle years later or where the solution is apparent but insufficient evidence to prosecute means that the perpetrator walks free.
It appears there are at least two investigations, one involving the FBI, police in Madrid, etc. and one involving Ana's family's lawyer and the SOS Desaparecidos organization in Spain, which is currently in a court that specializes in domestic violence against women.

I wonder why the FBI would offer David a polygraph test?

Last edited:
These two messages. Reports are that one text is not authentic. Does that mean she did meet Mr. Perfect while taking a walk shortly before she disappeared?

"The text message, seen by CNN, added that the man had approached her on the street a day earlier while she was walking. “Amazing connection. Like I never had before,” the text ended."​

She told a friend that she connected intensely with a stranger on the street. The next text, possibly about the new friend, is not authentic.

"Around the time she went missing, Rameau received a WhatsApp message from Knezevich Henao that read: “I met someone wonderful!! He has a summer house about 2h (hours) from Madrid. We are going there now and I will spend a few days there. Signal is spotty. I’ll call you when I get back.”​

Does that mean that someone targeted her on the street, possibly knowing more about her than she realized, and used that information to create an "amazing connection", only to vanish her a day or so later?

It's been stated that both texts are unconfirmed.

"To make a difference, Ana María arrived in Madrid in December , where a childhood friend lives, and settled in an apartment whose rent expired in March. Therefore, the day before the disappearance, both were looking at a new home . In fact, the last reliable communication from the missing woman was on the 2nd at 11:30 a.m. informing her friend that she had not liked the apartment."

My notes: [It has been stated that Ana spoke on the phone with a friend the night of February 2nd, shortly before she was last seen outside of her apartment.]

Last edited:
It appears there are at least two investigations, one involving the FBI and one involving Ana's family's lawyer and the SOS Desaparecidos organization in Spain, which is currently in a court that specializes in domestic violence against women.

It's possible that the FBI is helping out the Spanish LE and it may not be part of a U.S. FBI investigation but rather a courtesy in cooperation with Spain.
In any event, asking a person to take a polygraph test does not mean they are a suspect, they often try to get a person to do a polygraph as an investigative technique, often unrelated to any evidence they have found.
Can't blame them for trying.

Time will tell.

It's possible that the FBI is helping out the Spanish LE and it may not be part of a U.S. FBI investigation but rather a courtesy in cooperation with Spain.
In any event, asking a person to take a polygraph test does not mean they are a suspect, they often try to get a person to do a polygraph as an investigative technique, often unrelated to any evidence they have found.

Time will tell.
I wonder if the FBI offered a lie detector test to anyone else from Ana's family or friends. Why single out an innocent victim like David?

I wonder if the FBI offered a lie detector test to anyone else from Ana's family or friends.

LE will often approach a spouse to take a polygraph test, it's pretty standard procedure, even without evidence. It can be a "fishing" tool used by LE during an investigation. Attorneys advising clients to refuse the request is normal, and has no bearing on a client's guilt or innocence. I wouldn't read anything into it, since this is the legal advice given to a client.

It appears there are at least two investigations, one involving the FBI, Interpol, police in Madrid, etc. and one involving Ana's family's lawyer and the SOS Desaparecidos organization in Spain, which is currently in a court that specializes in domestic violence against women.

Do you have a link that confirms that the FBI and also Interpol are conducting investigations of their own? I don't remember have links have been posted that confirm this or it has just been speculated.

If the FBI has opened their own investigation on AK's disappearance, I wonder if they were asked to do so by Florida law enforcement or Spanish authorities.

LE will often approach a spouse to take a polygraph test, it's pretty standard procedure, even without evidence. It can be a "fishing" tool used by LE during an investigation. Attorneys advising clients to refuse the request is normal, and has no bearing on a client's guilt or innocence. I wouldn't read anything into it, since this is the legal advice given to a client.
It seems like they are just harassing an innocent victim like David. How standard is it?

I wonder why the FBI even bothers with polygraph tests. They might as well use Ouija boards in my opinion.

The FBI even requires polygraph tests to become an FBI agent. Seems like a waste of time + resources and a slap in the face of science, in my opinion. https://fbijobs.gov/sites/default/files/2022-05/Guide_Police.pdf

Last edited:
Do you have a link that confirms that the FBI and also Interpol are conducting investigations of their own? I don't remember have links have been posted that confirm this or it has just been speculated.

If the FBI has opened their own investigation on AK's disappearance, I wonder if they were asked to do so by Florida law enforcement or Spanish authorities.
I don't recall saying they are conducting investigations of their own.

"At the moment, with the FBI already included in the operation, it is requested that her cell phone be traced to find out what her last position was."

Time will tell.
As far as I know, lie detectors are not used in Spanish LE investigations. I seem to recall the interesting case of a man accused of murdering his wife in Sevilla where he asked to be given a lie detector test. The prosecutor rejected the idea out of hand and a spokesperson of a judge's association later described their value as "non-existent."

As far as I know, lie detectors are not used in Spanish LE investigations. I seem to recall the interesting case of a man accused of murdering his wife in Sevilla where he asked to be given a lie detector test. The prosecutor rejected the idea out of hand and a spokesperson of a judge's association later described their value as "non-existent."
Perhaps lie detectors are not valid in U.S. courts because everyone promises to tell the truth by swearing on the Bible.

It seems like they are just harassing an innocent victim like David. How standard is it?
Standard in the U.S., to include clearing the spouse as part of a missing person or criminal investigation. As noted above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back