Stacy's children

Gosh - I haven't thought about this as much as I should have. The two older ones have now lost two Moms, not just one. :mad: And both times they must have heard people talking about their father being involved. How can these children cope?

It really is sad, Camper, and I can't imagine what the other relatives are going through thinking of those kids with that guy.

Again, it is the children who must suffer the consequences of adult action. When will society value and recognize that children don't have a plan in this but rather are relegated to whatever is around them? It is extremely sad as the nation watches this unfold.

Not a lot of protection going on for them...even in a temporary mode.

The children have not been mentioned at all. Not even by their OWN FATHER, except to say how it has disrupted (his) their lives.

This is not the place to go on about the father (meaning how I feel about DP). But I am sitting here imagining a 15, 13, 4, and 2 year old children in a house that has seen who knows what. We know they have seen some TV footage, outside with the media, outside with some hateful posters, going to school (possibly) and hearing gossip.

If DP is guilty, then what IS he saying to these young children??? How will they later, as they grow up, try to understand when it is found that DP was guilty?

Or, if DP is not guilty, they will still have to live with all of the inUenundos of when Dad was once suspected of being a murderer.

This is so sad. :( I'd imagine if DP is convicted of killing either Kathleen or Stacy (which seems like a ways off now) that the 2 older kids he had with Kathleen might go to one of Kathleen's or DP's family but the 2 with Stacy go to someone in her family.

Camper: You'll be happy to know that the Minister on Greta tonight made a statement that other people who know something about either Kathleen or Stacy should come forward for the sake of the four children - he was very clear about why he was speaking out.

I thought of your thread when he said that! :blowkiss:

This is so sad. :( I'd imagine if DP is convicted of killing either Kathleen or Stacy (which seems like a ways off now) that the 2 older kids he had with Kathleen might go to one of Kathleen's or DP's family but the 2 with Stacy go to someone in her family.

I think you are right. If not convicted all 4 will stay with DP. IF convicted according to Illinois law grounds exist for termination of parental rights and DP should lose parental rights to all 4. The two younger children would go to SP's family, the two older are at an age a judge would consider where they wish to stay.

DP has certainly made a clown out of himself and has a circus act of his own. It's obvious he has no concern for any of his children, minor or adult.

Camper: You'll be happy to know that the Minister on Greta tonight made a statement that other people who know something about either Kathleen or Stacy should come forward for the sake of the four children - he was very clear about why he was speaking out.

I thought of your thread when he said that! :blowkiss:

--->>>Thank you bringing my thread up out of the deepy dark belows.
I brought the topic of the children up because they do deserve some careful thoughtfulness.

We as a society should have a carefully thought out plan of how to help the remaining children from day one. Right now it appears as IF everyone is playing it by ear, but what are the consequences of doing just 'that'?

You can be certain that the older children, now left in the home with DP, will carry heartache for the rest of their lives. I really do not believe they deserve to hear DP's spin story each day either.

I have watched the COP show just briefly a couple of times, and have been stricken by the police toting away a crying baby, when the mother is hauled off to jail.

My son a duputy of long standing pictured in the newspaper holding a tiny baby getting into the crime van, after his mother and grandparents had been murdered by the baby's father.

My son a duputy of long standing pictured in the newspaper holding a tiny baby getting into the crime van, after his mother and grandparents had been murdered by the baby's father.

What a heartwrenching thing you saw. Thank God for sons like yours, as I am sure he must be a kind and compassionate man.
You are a good person, Camper. :blowkiss:

Susan

Awwwwwww Camper that is so sad!

I don't understand why the kids are left in the situation. I did hear that DP was paid a visit by the agency ( forget the name of the agency)in regards to the kids....They did nothing so it was a waste of time.

I guess I don't understand why Drew feels the kids would be better off with his son Steve. Is it a ploy to keep them away from Stacy's family? I've heard that DP & Steve (his son) are very close. At no point has it been stated Steves wife wanted them or is even close to them.

The 2 & 4 yr olds both need nurturing & lots of love shown to them since Stacy is missing. Are they getting it? DP seems totally uncaring about the kids. What a sad time of the year for the kids......

I posted the facetious question, "Where is Gloria Allred?" in another thread yesterday, but on a serious note, is there an attorney in Illinois with her "audacity" and "noteriety" (my words :p) to stand up for these children, trying to ensure their well-being?

I posted the facetious question, "Where is Gloria Allred?" in another thread yesterday, but on a serious note, is there an attorney in Illinois with her "audacity" and "noteriety" (my words :p) to stand up for these children, trying to ensure their well-being?

Only if a court appoints one and there is a need for one. Such as in a custody dispute or DFS involvement.

Does Illinois law definitively preclude a "disinterested" third party from filing a complaint regarding the children's welfare, such as Allred did with Michael Jackson's children?

Seems to me that the report of an unreported gunshot inside the home could be a basis for investigation into child endangerment.

I think Drew would want the kids to go to Steve because he wouldn't want them talking about the home life in general with Stacy's or Kathy's relatives.

Does Illinois law definitively preclude a "disinterested" third party from filing a complaint regarding the children's welfare, such as Allred did with Michael Jackson's children?

Seems to me that the report of an unreported gunshot inside the home could be a basis for investigation into child endangerment.

That wouldn't make a lot of difference unless they could prove that a.) DrewP fired the shot and b.) that the children were in the home and somewhere near. And you better believe that DrewP will blame it on Stacy. Since she is no longer in the home, they wouldn't see a problem.

The fact that it wasn't reported is a police policy issue. I don't think there is any law that says you can't fire a weapon in a home as long as it is your home and you aren't endangering anyone. Where it became an issue is that allegedly the gun was his service weapon and any time it is fired it is supposed to be reported.

This is my first thread. I can't stomach that Drew's brother has custody. I hope Stacy's Family and the Savio Family fight like heck. I found this:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1568982,4_1_JO12_PETERSON_S1.article

Interesting.

The older (Savio) boys are old enough to say where they want to live.
Young men now should be even with a friend or relative NOT INVOLVED!
Even the 'principal' that helped before. Soon graduation & college.
Steve P is TO INVOLVED with his dad. Not good for these boys.
The little ones? With the other family, only real stable one for now seems to be the older aunt in CA. DP kept all the children isolated from these people so now the relatives are all strangers. God bless those 4 children.

My heart just breaks for these kids. Not only have they lost their mom and dad, they stand to lose each other too. What a selfish arrogant fool DP is, he only cares about himself.

This is my first thread. I can't stomach that Drew's brother has custody. I hope Stacy's Family and the Savio Family fight like heck. I found this:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1568982,4_1_JO12_PETERSON_S1.article

Interesting.

It's Drew's oldest son, Steve, who has custody of Drew's minor children, who are half brothers and sister to Steve. Steve was newly married at the time Stacy disappeared.

Unfortunately, Steve is squarely behind his father and will only perpetuate the belief that their father is innocent and being unfairly prosecuted.

The two older boys, at 14 and 16 should have professional counseling to deal with all that's happened. If DP is convicted of the murder of Kathleen, they will need long-term counseling.

Because of their age, I think the courts will give some consideration to the boy's preference for who they want to live with, and since DP has kept the boys from having any contact with their mother's side of the family, they would probably state a preference for Steve and his wife. I do feel that the court should give visitation to the Savio family, so the boys would have the opportunity to get to know them. Perhaps, in the long term, the boys would opt to spend more time with the Savios.

At the time Stacy disappeared, her two children were only age 2 and 4. They should be protected from all that's happened, until they're old enough to know the truth. I think Stacy's sister should have custody of her niece and nephew, as they need a mother figure at their age more than an older brother.

It's a difficult situation no matter how you look at it. With so many families involved, it's likely the four children would be broken up, but if all the adults could put their differences aside to allow frequent contact between all four children, that would make a difference.

An unknown in all of this is Drew's second oldest son, Eric. He would be about 28 years old now. At the time of Kathleen's death, he didn't feel her death was accidental and broke off his relationship with his father. Nothing is known of him.

No matter how old or young you are, it would stink to be DP's kid.

Interesting article, with a statement from Drew's son, Eric, finally.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.children.2.1007256.html

May 11, 2009 6:01 pm US/Central
Drew Peterson's Son Issues Statement Of Support
Peterson Being Held In Will County Jail On $20 Million Bond

*snip* But it turns out not all of Peterson's children are behind him. He has another son from his first wife, and that son is estranged from his father and hasn't had any substantial contact with him in years.

He says he's embarrassed by the attention brought on his family's name by their father. He says he is very concerned about the welfare of the children, and wants to help them any way he can.

The older (Savio) boys are old enough to say where they want to live.
Young men now should be even with a friend or relative NOT INVOLVED!
Even the 'principal' that helped before. Soon graduation & college.
Steve P is TO INVOLVED with his dad. Not good for these boys.
The little ones? With the other family, only real stable one for now seems to be the older aunt in CA. DP kept all the children isolated from these people so now the relatives are all strangers. God bless those 4 children.

That is true. And their father is in custody for the murder of their mother. Soemthing has to be going on in their poor little heads. I hope there is some sweet aunt that was like a mother to them that will give those boys the love they need right now. I can't imagine. That age is so vulnerable. I pray they'll be ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back