Staging?

shiloh said:
This would rule out Patsy, IMO, but does not necessarily rule in an intruder.
Why would it rule out Patsy? Maybe she grabbed JonBenet by the neck of her shirt and strangled her while in a rage, and then delivered the head injury to make it look like an intruder did it when she realized she had choked her daughter to death. Maybe she was still in a rage and cracked her daughter's skull while choking her. Maybe the head wound preceeded the strangling, and the strangling was mere staging.

I used to think the strangling came before the head injury, and in considering the evidence and reading all the info on the autopsy and the conclusions the experts have drawn, I changed my mind. I now think the head wound came first and the strangling was to direct attention away from it.

Nuisanceposter said:
Why would it rule out Patsy? Maybe she grabbed JonBenet by the neck of her shirt and strangled her while in a rage, and then delivered the head injury to make it look like an intruder did it when she realized she had choked her daughter to death. Maybe she was still in a rage and cracked her daughter's skull while choking her. Maybe the head wound preceeded the strangling, and the strangling was mere staging.

I used to think the strangling came before the head injury, and in considering the evidence and reading all the info on the autopsy and the conclusions the experts have drawn, I changed my mind. I now think the head wound came first and the strangling was to direct attention away from it.

unfortunately, we have more dueling experts here. I too think the head blow came first. Some of the pathologists said as much as an hour before.

would have been very difficult to explain in an emergency room. If you said she fell down the steps then why no bruising on the rest of the body. It was too late to say she fell off her bike or outside or any other usual kid stuff. In my opinion, someone was so concerned with the opinion of others that rather than face the music, a coverup insued. I would have no trouble believing that after a blow like that someone might have thought the child was dead.

Bev said:
would have been very difficult to explain in an emergency room. If you said she fell down the steps then why no bruising on the rest of the body. It was too late to say she fell off her bike or outside or any other usual kid stuff. In my opinion, someone was so concerned with the opinion of others that rather than face the music, a coverup insued. I would have no trouble believing that after a blow like that someone might have thought the child was dead.
My thoughts exactly.

Ok, maybe I'm losing my mind, but didn't Nedra at one time make an offhand remark about the size of Burke's genitalia? At the time, I remember thinking how crass and vulgar it was.

Man, I wish I could remember where I read that.

SuperDave said:
unfortunately, we have more dueling experts here. I too think the head blow came first. Some of the pathologists said as much as an hour before.
Do you remember the names of any of these pathologists? I'd really like to hear their explanation of the autopsy report, because I've only read it thoroughly from the viewpoint of the strangulation coming first. And, I do need to pick up Dr. Lee's book. He probably covers that as well.

It's horribly frustrating that experts can have such a divergence of opinion as to the order and chronicity of the events that night. That situation has allowed the killer to go unprosecuted, because that alone would help narrow down the possible suspects.

How would knowing which came first help narrow down suspects?

Not only which came first, but the length of time between events is also important because if it could be established for a certainty that she died by strangulation during a sexual assault and that the head blow came afterwards, then it is obvious that ST's theory is incorrect.

On the other hand, if the head blow came first, and it could be established that she was dead or dying at the time of the sexual assault, that would make ST's theory more likely, and would rule out sexual gratification as the initial motive for the events which occurred that night.

Karole28 said:
Ok, maybe I'm losing my mind, but didn't Nedra at one time make an offhand remark about the size of Burke's genitalia? At the time, I remember thinking how crass and vulgar it was.

Man, I wish I could remember where I read that.
That's in Dr. Hodges' books, A Mother Gone Bad and Who Will Speak for JonBenet?

An employee at Access Graphics reported that Nedra and Polly (Patsy's sister) "were bragging to other employees about the size of Burke's penis."

Britt said:
That's in Dr. Hodges' books, A Mother Gone Bad and Who Will Speak for JonBenet?

An employee at Access Graphics reported that Nedra and Polly (Patsy's sister) "were bragging to other employees about the size of Burke's penis."

Britt! you're brilliant! thank you, I thought I was losing it.

Anyhoo, that really said a lot to me about what kind of family they really are.

Karole28 said:
Britt! you're brilliant! thank you, I thought I was losing it.

Did someone say Sexually Dysfunctional with a preference for Preteen Pageants?

Karole28 said:
There's more. A female employee at AG described "Don's crude staring." Also reports that "Polly provocatively asked a man how he felt about oral sex" and Nedra "telling in graphic detail about why oral sex was sinful." (Who Will Speak for JonBenet? p. 194 hb)

Classy. lol

Britt said:
There's more. A female employee at AG described "Don's crude staring." Also reports that "Polly provocatively asked a man how he felt about oral sex" and Nedra "telling in graphic detail about why oral sex was sinful." (Who Will Speak for JonBenet? p. 194 hb)

Classy. lol

Perhaps that is why Patsy asked Linda hoffman Pugh how she could satisfy John sexually...Patsy did not like oral sex.

[shiloh] "Do you remember the names of any of these pathologists?"

I know of Werner Spitz, for sure. I'll look for the rest.

[shiloh] "And, I do need to pick up Dr. Lee's book. He probably covers that as well."

Let me know, will you?

What family discusses stuff like this? It just shows their belief that children are sexual and to me that's horrific and completely innapropriate.

Regarding the oral fixation (aversion) of Patsy, again, who discusses this in polite company????

Bev said:

Didn't JonBenet's bedroom have a private balcony overlooking the backyard? I believe I saw that on the house plan and a photo of her bedroom. Does the balcony overlook a cement patio /walkway or grass? I am just thinking that a fall head first off of that balcony onto cement could cause such a sever fracture of the skull.

A child's skull fractures more easily because the plates haven't completely fused yet.

Britt said:
Exactly, SuperDave. Punitive vaginal abuse, not done for the sexual gratification of the perp.

Punitive. Right, Abusing her with the sharpened stick was sadistic. Whoever did it evidently wanted to make it look like she was like a little prostitute, too sexual. And to make it look like someone in the family was doing this sort of thing to her.

There was the dictionary, left open and dog-eared to exactly the word "incest", and I believe that was the picture that ST said fell out of the evidence envelope, had been added later after the other crime scene material. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about which picture fell out.

Eagle1 said:
Punitive. Right, Abusing her with the sharpened stick was sadistic. Whoever did it evidently wanted to make it look like she was like a little prostitute, too sexual. And to make it look like someone in the family was doing this sort of thing to her.

There was the dictionary, left open and dog-eared to exactly the word "incest", and I believe that was the picture that ST said fell out of the evidence envelope, had been added later after the other crime scene material. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about which picture fell out.

Eagle1,

It could be both. Punitive and Sexual, the first is from a desire to punish and control, the second from the need to hide prior abuse.

The manner in which JonBenet was being raised suggests she was being actively tutored in sexual behaviour.

Was it Patsy's father who gave her some book outlining moral behaviour suitable for young children?

They were obviously aware JonBenet was growing up too fast!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back