State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the above is true, why were they so quick to believe Travis was a pedophile when the DT confronted them with the forged letters?

until I had personal experience with lawyers, it never occurred to me that they just lie/make stuff up both inside and outside the courtroom.

DT tells the Hughes' they have letters where TA admits he's a pedo; Hughes' believe them because it would never occur to them that the DT would just make something like that up.

Simple.

The other thing that is bizarre about the Hughs is that email they sent to Jodi about how poorly Travis treats women. I know CH says he did it to scare Jodi off but if any one of my friends ever took it upon themselves to "scare off" one of my romantic involvements by sending them an email about how poorly I treat people, I don't think we would remain friends.
I know, it all seems so convoluted.

Holy Mackrel, watching NG and she has JA answering Jury questions. She was almost smiling at them telling her tale of how the camera rolled. Well, not rolled, bounced a few times. Her face looked like she was reading Winnie the Pooh and talking about Tigger. Oh brother. PTSD, I don't think so! Abuse, I don't think so. No smiles ever re-telling. I almost forgot what a horrid actress she is. She would be shaking like a Chihuahua and crying a river of tears if this was remotely true.

Listen Einstein, you need to study some method acting along with all your Psych books.
Stanislavski and Lee Strasberg would not be happy.

No kidding. She'd been trying to get some kind of rapport going with the jury from day one, so when she got up there to testify, I think she really believed she could win them over through the force of her personality and was delighted to get the chance.

If all the above is true, why were they so quick to believe Travis was a pedophile when the DT confronted them with the forged letters?

They work for PPL and an officer of the court was telling them they were 100% proven to have been written by Travis with defense knowing it was not proven to be true. Look at all the people who believed Travis was abusive to Jodi because defense is saying so. Certainly experts should know better.

I know this is a small aspect of the trial but I just watched the video someone just posted where JA say no jury will ever convict me and when asked why she replied because I'm innocent.
That is a far cry from what she told jurors, she claimed she said it because she was going to commit suicide, be dead....well I call that BS....just another lie to the jury....she said she was innocent that's a far cry from I will be dead!

Can you believe HLN are setting up screens in the street to broadcast closing arguments and the verdict? They couldn't do that here in Australia, people would be running around with their shirts off wearing the Australian flag as a cape and drinking beer, once the verdict was read everyone would hop in their cars and start doing burnouts while their mates hung out the windows screaming '*advertiser censored** YEAH!!!'

:rockon:

Just looked at 'em again, and I think it's possible that TA did have the granny panties made for JA:

Undies_zps3f99797b.jpg

And on the t-shirt, there's just no question about it:

t-shirt_zpsfa5859e7.jpg

Can you believe HLN are setting up screens in the street to broadcast closing arguments and the verdict? They couldn't do that here in Australia, people would be running around with their shirts off wearing the Australian flag as a cape and drinking beer, once the verdict was read everyone would hop in their cars and start doing burnouts while their mates hung out the windows screaming '*advertiser censored** YEAH!!!'

Wouldn't know.

You see, I don't speak Australian. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Seems bizarre to me. Makes me wonder when bookies in Vegas might start taking verdict bets.

BBM~ JW?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm laughing so hard my sides are hurting!

If we could only get the HLN guests without the hosts and their shameless standards of 'professional journalism': Their interruptions, editorializing, changing the subject right when the guest is actually mentioning some key piece of info is enough to make you want to pry your ears out with a rusty butter knife! The HLN hosts rival the Arizona livestream Courtroom sidebars in time wasting video footage. They beat the DT in terms of verbose examples of tedium.

I think we're in a mod free zone at the moment. Now, don't everyone take that as an invitation to get naked.

Removed my bra and twirling over my head like a helicopter propeller!

Now....

Where's the buffet? I'm hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems bizarre to me. Makes me wonder when bookies in Vegas might start taking verdict bets.

I actually looked into that. Turns out, in a bizarre display of ethical standards, the Vegas sports bets don't put out odds or accept bets on murder trials.

If you look at a map of that region, you'll see Pasadena,CA. From Pasadena, you can go North to Utah, or east to AZ.

She obviously took the wrong pill. The blue pill - The Matrix movie an object in some of Jodi's drawings and diaries.

tumblr_llu95jAZ2i1qj0h3wo1_500.png

I just want Juan to use a map in closing.,,in my own experience people assume other people are familiar with states close to them. I'm in south jersey.. Super close to center city Philadelphia ... I hate the city, rarely go over the bridge. I'm also fairly close to NYC.., been 5 times in my entire life.., hate the city.

People assume all the time I know my way around those areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringing this over from the previous thread.

MichaelJames

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubidably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

Michael, I did not mean to upset anyone or be in position where I would feel guilt for something I saw on TV and commented on. Chris' story on Dr. Drew left me wondering and left many gaps. I do know that Chis is a wonderful speaker and I guess that was part of my feeling that the story was odd. I do understand that Skye will be on this evening and I hope the gaps will be filled in. I have never said anything negative about he or Skye. I am very sure they are good friends.

I was very much looking forward to hearing from Chris last night and I resented the fact that Dr Drew cut him off not allowing him to complete his statement regarding the email. All of this and more are the danger of going on national television.

I am in Travis' corner make no doubt about that, and I hope beyond hope that the verdict is the DP.

Again, I'm very sorry if I have hurt any feelings I cannot apologize for expressing my views.

Justice for Travis!

Brad Phillips ‏@findthebrad 17h

@cshughes Hi Chris, in your opinion, short of marrying/commiting to JA, did Travis have any chance of #jodiarias not attempting murder?

@findthebrad yes. He almost escaped her. It was that last fight that did it. TA was going to expose her, so she killed him.

@cshughes Wouldn't exposing her have only made #jodiarias more determined to exact revenge? Unless exposing wld result in her arrest?!?

@findthebrad Yes. Exactly. She did something awful (no one knows what), he threatened to expose her, so she killed him.

@cshughes Chris, when you say "no-one knows", do you mean no-one including yourself? Or do you mean truth hasn't come out yet? #jodiarias

@findthebrad really. No one knows. I've read ALL of his emails & chats with JA. Can't tell what fight was over. Big mystery.

Brad Phillips Brad Phillips ‏@findthebrad 16h

@cshughes Ok, so we don't know that JA would've been neutralised as result of him exposing? Ie. Arrest may or may not have been result.

@cshughes Still seems to me that #jodiarias wld've inevitably attempted to murder TA, even if Cancun had delayed it. She is the face of evil

@cshughes @findthebrad so u think it was bigger than TA taking Mimi to Cancun?

She did something awful (no one knows what), he threatened to expose her, so she killed him. <<<<< this is what I have believed to be the case. And sadly, what ever it was will die with ja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther