State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone Good Morning :) I just finished watching last night's witness. I was surprised there were no jury questions. Could it be because the jury was just too tired? What do all think? JW sure does have problems with other females, well when other women are confident and well educated.

Good morning all! No G-baby yet.....Please, please, please little one...hold off til I hear Juan's closing.....please....

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: AWWWWW I bet you are excited. I became one on April 5. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Everyone,
I had to turn in at 11 PM EST last night. Can anyone tell me if they got finished with last witness and if there were any juror questions and what your thoughts were? Thank you so much! I am looking forward to today. It is closings right?

What time did court finish last night (Arizona Time)?

Morning, everyone! Today's the day!

I don't care about the typo and I wouldn't care even if I were a juror. I find it hard to believe anyone could be shot in the head and then proceed to yell to the person who shot you: "I'm going to *advertiser censored***** kill you", then proceed to chase them and get into hand-to-hand combat with them, so much that I could grab the knife enough to have horrendous defensive wounds on my hands. It's not reasonable. No reasonable doubt for me. Personally, I think the DT wasn't happy with the juror question. Remember, JW asked Dr. Horn if there were any errors in his report, he said no. This was her last question to him in her cross, before jury questions, I believe. I think they were going to shout that at the top of their lungs in closing.... that there was a mistake. Now, it's been corrected and explained.

You take the staged robbery of the grandparents house to obtain the gun, the car rental in another city, being offered a red car (that was cheaper than the one she rented, btw), but asking for a white one, the gas cans, the hair color change, the turning off of her cell phone for hours and hours, the upside down license plate, the voice mail she left Travis after she killed him, the text she sent him after she killed him, the email she sent him after she killed him, etc. One of those may be a coincidence, but all of them together are a cold, calculate, first degree murder.... at least to me and I think most reasonable people would/will see it that way. :twocents:

You summed it up PERFECTLY! Thank you!:seeya:

I'm off to cut the grass before court. Positive thoughts and prayers for Juan and all the wonderful people on the prosecution team including Det Flores as well as all of Travis' family, friends and loved ones and everyone here at WS.

May Travis have justice and RIP.

I don't care about the typo and I wouldn't care even if I were a juror. I find it hard to believe anyone could be shot in the head and then proceed to yell to the person who shot you: "I'm going to *advertiser censored***** kill you", then proceed to chase them and get into hand-to-hand combat with them, so much that I could grab the knife enough to have horrendous defensive wounds on my hands. It's not reasonable. No reasonable doubt for me. Personally, I think the DT wasn't happy with the juror question. Remember, JW asked Dr. Horn if there were any errors in his report, he said no. This was her last question to him in her cross, before jury questions, I believe. I think they were going to shout that at the top of their lungs in closing.... that there was a mistake. Now, it's been corrected and explained.

You take the staged robbery of the grandparents house to obtain the gun, the car rental in another city, being offered a red car (that was cheaper than the one she rented, btw), but asking for a white one, the gas cans, the hair color change, the turning off of her cell phone for hours and hours, the upside down license plate, the voice mail she left Travis after she killed him, the text she sent him after she killed him, the email she sent him after she killed him, etc. One of those may be a coincidence, but all of them together are a cold, calculate, first degree murder.... at least to me and I think most reasonable people would/will see it that way. :twocents:

Not only does the typo not matter but if I were a juror I wouldn't care if he was able to threaten her! It was still premeditated. In order to believe self defense, you also have to buy her lie that the gun went off accidentally. Bull.

She planned it and took the weapons with her. Simple. Murder one. IMO

Morning everyone! not long now before JM delivers his closing -- I can't wait :)

And may I add, I think yesterday was a waste, a huge waste, for the defense!

MOO

Mel

I hope you don't mind but I posted this on the State Vs Arias site....I thought it was wonderful!

My husband has not followed this trial at all and watched a bit last night with me.

He said "what the hell does her "PTSD" have to do with this? She obviously over killed him and needs the DP'

I've got work today and can hopefully watch some live stream, it went wayyy too late last night on tv with all the pauses.

Go Juan!!

Just have to share... I managed to half cut/half puncture the fatty part of my palm near the outside of my hand this morning while getting ready for work. It hurt instantly and bled profusely. I could only think of the pain and fear and horror that Travis went through in those seconds before he lost consciousness. I just broke down and cried like a baby for the precious life and amazing man that Travis was. I can't imagine how his family is feeling. Wish I could send them hugs. They are in my prayers.

Need to go find the last witness testimony. This will be a great day for justice, for Travis and for his family. Juan Martinez will tie this heinous crime up in a tight, neat bow for the jury. My prayers are with him, Det. Flores, and the Alexander family and all of Travis' friends.

sorry about your hand. i had cried too over the death of Travis. :stormingmad:

Part 7 of today's testimony is now UP on youtube, courtesy of Croakerqueen 123!

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 54 - Part 7 - YouTube

Thanks for this and thanks to Croakerqueen and all the other livestream uploaders.

If any of you read this, please check out KPHO's livestream.
They never stuttered their feed once last night and will be the stream I tune into today. I really don't want to miss a second of the closing arguments.

Yes, I really don't like the fact that Dr. G is there talking about Dr. Samuel's testimony and Dr. D's testimony--AND Dr. Horn's testimony. He mentioned he was in DV. Did he touch on ALV's, too?

I don't know about the jury, but for me, there should have been two experts, one who was like you said a medical doctor or coroner, but they couldn't get one, I guess.

What I didn't like about his testimony on direct is that he was explaining things that would happen to the brain and some of them were long term effects. JW caught one about loss of memory and clarified that it would happen down the line, but that made me question whether any of things he was saying would happen immediately or if everything he was saying was with regards to patients who'd somehow made it through the gunshot wound and were in rehabilitation.

The problem is, the juror asked Horn if all his patients were dead, but I'd ask Dr. G which one of his patients did he observe at the point of impact?

Dr G was in no way qualified to give the testimony he did. People lose their licenses for roaming so far from their scope of practice and hopefully he'll be held accountable for his words on the stand. He has never been at the scene of a shooting. He isn't a first responder and has never stabilized a patient for transport. He has never and will never be employed in his local ER receiving patients who've just received gun shot wounds to the head. There are no stand-by psychologists in the ER triaging patients and they don't form part of the medical team that decides on the best course of action to save that patients life. At best the Dr.G's of the world enter the scenario months later when the surgeries etc. have been done and physical healing complete, to talk to the patients about their experience. That's assuming the patient wants to discuss their feelings with him.
A wise man would have understood his own limitations and said NO to the DT asking him to critique the autopsy report. Fools jump in and IMO that's exactly what he did.
I believe the jurors are as frustrated as we all are and that question to Dr Horn reflected that. It was sarcasm directed at JW, not at the ME. The jurors understand what a coroner does as opposed to a psychologist or a defense attorney. IMO that was an angry question that screamed 'How stupid do you think we are???' by a juror who knows darn well Dr G was talking out of his butt and that JW really doesn't know what she's talking about at all.
Does Dr H read research studies about the long term survival of persons with head injuries caused by projectiles?? Does JW read these articles?
It's like asking an Obstetrician if they read research papers on prostate cancer as part of their medical practice. They may read them for fun but not to stay current on the latest in their field of specialty.

Knowing what you don't know is a sign of wisdom not a sign of weakness. Dr G can't prescribe so much as a tylenol or stool softener and yet he assumes to understand the least understood organ in the body and offer up his expertise under oath. :floorlaugh:

Did HLN ever catch up?
They were still showing the doctor with the perfect dark hair and white moustache when I went to bed. TIA

I find it ridiculous that he was shot first. All of the physical evidence points to shot last. How can he be shot in his head where she claims to have shot him...( we know he was already below her from the downward trajectory) and there not be lots of blood there...she said she didn't think she actually shot him.....really? witch please!I'm supposed to believe he then got up and started chasing her down ? Unless zombies are real...I ain't buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When jodi was arrested, she rambled on for hours. One of the things she said was, I started dating Travis on Feb 2nd 2007. She went on to say shes picking that day for a reason. She did not tell Flores what the reason was. Linda, Travis' ex girlfriend said Travis was dating jodi in Oct 2006. I think I know why she picked Feb 2nd. That is the day of the month she slashed Travis tires. That was in 2008 though. Thats why IMO she picked that month and day.

I am pages and pages behind but does anyone remember the judge's timeline? Closing arguments today and then when did she say the jury would receive their instructions?

How long do closing arguments take? Could we potentially have a verdict today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE