State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's getting pretty far fetched, imo. They don't need much to get a DNA match and there should have been blood too. Plus, I can't visualize an attack scenario where one person would have their lower legs scratched, front and back.

I don't know about the scratches on his legs, but it is not far fetched that there can be no DNA under a victim's fingernails. For instance, if the perp (BC in this case) cleaned under NC's nails then DNA would not be found. One would expect to find the victim's own DNA (at a minimum) under her own fingernails. If there was zero then it suggests someone cleaned her nails, IMHO.

there should have been blood too

Why should there have been blood? NC was strangled. No other cuts or bruises were attributed to her attack.

I don't know about the scratches on his legs, but it is not far fetched that there can be no DNA under a victim's fingernails. For instance, if the perp (BC in this case) cleaned under NC's nails then DNA would not be found. One would expect to find the victim's own DNA (at a minimum) under her own fingernails. If there was zero then it suggests someone cleaned her nails, IMHO.

Why should there have been blood? NC was strangled. No other cuts or bruises were attributed to her attack.

Seems it would need to be proven BC cleaned under her nails.

If she scratched and broke the skin on his legs, she should have at least some trace of blood under her nails.

Sigh. I'm puzzled why the prosecution brought up the scratches at all???

Wasn't there a fingernail found in her bathroom?

ETA: Just found it on the SW.

one sealed envelope containing a pink colored object thought to be a nail

I got a kick out of the sort of sarcastic way Cummings repeated the question, "His car was found IN the garage?" or something like that. Another defense embellishment goes down in flames.

I guess it would depend on where her hands were after her body was dumped. If they were in the water anything under there might have washed out. No DNA being found is kind of no evidence for or against.

brown green veggie material (aka a leaf) found in the undercarriage of vehicle (Brad's BMW).

I got a kick out of the sort of sarcastic way Cummings repeated the question, "His car was found IN the garage?" or something like that. Another defense embellishment goes down in flames.

There were pictures in the news or on here showing his car in the garage AFTER the date her body was found. I think the defense was saying there wasn't room in the garage for the car on the 7/12. If the neighbors, press, etc. were watching his every move, I'm not surprise that he'd want to be able to pull into the garage. IIRC, several Websleuthers posted that all the blinds/curtains were shut in the house, too, when they drove by the Cooper residence.

I wonder if this trial will be over by the time the Christopher Coleman trial starts. My guess is no.

I keep waiting for SOMETHING where I can go - a ha! - not necessarily a smoking gun - bit SOMETHING that ties into a lie or paints a decent picture of fact - something - got happy about the green vegatitive matter - it was attached to the undercarriage - NOT in the trunk - so there goes the vomitus theory.

and now we're on tie tracks

and really - wheelbase of 3'11" - no real car has a wheelbase of that - not even a smartcar.

It is nice to hear some questions being asked quickly. This has been such a draggy trial so far.

I guess it would depend on where her hands were after her body was dumped. If they were in the water anything under there might have washed out. No DNA being found is kind of no evidence for or against.

But the state needs to provide solid proof. This speculation about the scratches is a huge stretch when we're talking about putting someone in prison for life. The jury can't be deliberating and say "but he had scratches on his leg" because there is not proof how he got them.

I am really trying to keep an open mind about this case, and so far it's been pretty easy for me. I have yet to find that one thing that convinces me 100% that he's guilty.

I keep waiting for SOMETHING where I can go - a ha! - not necessarily a smoking gun - bit SOMETHING that ties into a lie or paints a decent picture of fact - something - got happy about the green vegatitive matter - it was attached to the undercarriage - NOT in the trunk - so there goes the vomitus theory.

and really - wheelbase of 3'11" - no real car has a wheelbase of that - not even a smartcar.
Maybe a golf cart?

It is nice to hear some questions being asked quickly. This has been such a draggy trial so far.

Even if it *is* the defense, it is a nice change of pace. This is the way the prosecution should be presenting their questioning....short, clear, to the point, and fast.

:floorlaugh: Well, I had a AH HA moment when I read Nancy was found on a construction site ..those scratches on Brad's legs coulda come from items strewn about on a construction site???... Then when I heard that wheel base measurement of 3 and half feet..Could it have been like a ATV type vehicle?..Does Brad know anyone who owns one??

Didnt take me took long to catch up..so glued to feed now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500