State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Looking forward to today's testimony--welcome to all the lurkers/newbie posters who recently signed up for WS accounts like me! This community has some great minds and I enjoy the theories shared by all.

Have a great day! :)

Kurtz is questioning him on the storage of the computer equipment. It was not stored in the evidence room, but in the computer lab. Computer lab is locked with only 3 people having keys, Ice, another detective and the janitor. It's a secure room, but does not require people to sign in/out.

This tweet made me chuckle.

Onion News just reported that confused jurors ask judge in Cooper trial to explain why defense got to go before prosecution. #coopertrial

:giggle:

Kurtz is questioning him on the storage of the computer equipment. It was not stored in the evidence room, but in the computer lab. Computer lab is locked with only 3 people having keys, Ice, another detective and the janitor. It's a secure room, but does not require people to sign in/out.

must be something on that puter!

The defense is supremely concerned about whatever is on those computers. They are going to be trying their level best to impeach anyone who came within a mile of 'em.

Details Please.... what'd he say??

Oh he was talking about taking Fridays off and he said something to the effect of "There are a lot of people out there watching this trial and we don't want them to think we aren't using our time wisely."

To expound a bit on Kurtz's objections regarding having his computer expert present while Ice was testifying...

I have been qualified as an expert in three civil trials. Because of the arcane nature of the testimony of a qualified expert, the attorneys wish to have their own expert present in order to hear the direct testimony and make suggestions on appropriate questions for cross. In each trial, opposing counsel had the courtesy and decency to notify his adversary of when the expert testimony was expected in order to avoid the nuisance of having an expensive expert sit through irrelevant testimony.

However, I think that Det. Ice was a lightweight when it came to testimony on computer forensics, and if Kurtz wished to make him appear barely competent to the jury, I think he did his job. Prosecution should have left his less-than-impressive computer experience out and just let him provide foundation for how the laptop got to CPD.

What's the current catch phrase... Just sayin'

OK, Sherlock (not mocking you, just a reference to your avatar)

What are you an expert witness in?

I am curious because I have wondered if I have the chops to be considered an expert witness in computers.

"There are a lot of people out there watching this trial and we don't want them to think we aren't using our time wisely."

ahhh. That's not a shout out to Websleuths...just acknowledging the media feed in the courtroom and his knowledge that a lot of people are watching this trial online, in general.

ahhh. That's not a shout out to Websleuths...just acknowledging the media feed in the courtroom and his knowledge that a lot of people are watching this trial online, in general.

That's what I thought. More to the people watching the feed. I thought it was funny that the judge looked at the camera and smiled and nodded when he said it too.

Arguing over the submission of cell phone records by the defense. Jury sent out.

The poor jury has to miss the best part of the trial. When these two attorneys start going at it, it becomes much more interesting than the majority of the testimony.

Is this trial being streamed anywhere else other than on WRAL?

I cannot get the feed to work consistently...it's dropping out every few seconds.

Arguing over the submission of cell phone records by the defense. Jury sent out.

Shouldn't this material simply be introduced during the defense portion of the trial, so we don't have these continual objections.

Great question from the jury. "Michelle Hammond (sp) said cigarette butt received July 17th date on cigarette butt is July 8th. Jury would like clarification"

Hasn't the defense been slapped around on this topic enough? They are trying to "save time" by introducing contrary evidence while the prosecution witness is on the stand. The prosecution says something, and the defense wants to jump up with a piece of paper and refute what he is saying. "You honor, this witness says he found 30,000 searches on the computer relating to murder and dumping bodies, I would like to introduce into evidence a note from BC's mother stating that he did not do that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500