State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee -- everyone is being so nice this morning -- Maybe the court principals have been to counseling together -- sounds like they had a better marriage counselor than poor NC & BC.

A refreshing breeze on both sides so far. :great:

Okay I cannot get the video streaming to work, so I'll have to rely on good note takers posting on this forum to get my updates.

That witness has been excused and Det. Todd Thomas (I believe the actual computer expert) is the next witness.

OK, Sherlock (not mocking you, just a reference to your avatar)

What are you an expert witness in?

I am curious because I have wondered if I have the chops to be considered an expert witness in computers.

Property boundaries as a licensed Professional Land Surveyor

Right now the state is once again asking about what he observed about the computers when he went into the house. Photographed first. Now showing pictures to help illustrate his testimony.

I'm pretty sure this is just going to be more of the seizing of computers and not the actual information found so I don't know that we're going to find out much today. The FBI did the analysis (I'm pretty sure.)

Darn I wish we could see the pictures. I am already getting confused as to which machines he is talking about.

The defense once again objected to admitting into evidence the electronic evidence due to something about chain of custody.

The object admitted was the Maxtor external hard drive that was connected to some other computer. (The one in the living room I believe.)

So far Det. Thomas is not a verbose guy - very short, direct answers.

He appears to have more experience and confidence in testifying in court. That's what the lawyer advises, 'short, direct answers' when they prep you to testify. :innocent:

My husband has testified as an expert witness a couple times, years ago, product liability civil trial/s. His testimony was in respect to electrical/electromechanical engineering.

The object admitted was the Maxtor external hard drive that was connected to some other computer. (The one in the living room I believe.)

Could you tell if it was attached to a different desktop machine or to the MacBook? I think it was attached to the MacBook based on the firewire comment.

There's an IBM Thinkpad laptop, a HP Tower desktop machine box thing , & an Apple laptop and external hard drive. They just submitted another piece of equipment, but I'm not sure what it was. Lots of bag rustling. Yesterday, I heard them talking about a Dell server.

GREAT direct by Zellinger!

Simple, direct, consistent, making sure every possible paranoid scenario is covered to show those computers were secure and NOT tampered with. He's using plain English, quick pace.

A+++

There's an IBM Thinkpad laptop, a HP Tower desktop machine box thing , & an Apple laptop and external hard drive. They just submitted another piece of equipment, but I'm not sure what it was. Lots of bag rustling. Yesterday, I heard them talking about an HP server.

Thanks! I think I am caught up now. Thinkpad attached to docking station in office area. HP Workstation in same area but not attached to anything. Apple Macbook downstairs attached to external hard drive.

I am very interested in the workstation and the MacBook as far as potential incriminating evidence.

Could you tell if it was attached to a different desktop machine or to the MacBook? I think it was attached to the MacBook based on the firewire comment.

Unfortunately I walked into the kitchen so I missed the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500