State v. Bradley Cooper 4-29-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Nice try. It's called "Unix Time" because it is based off of the Unix Time Epoch, which is 1/1/1970. Windows uses it too.

It's just a number between 0 and 4,294,967,296. (2 to the 32)
Bits are bits. There are not unix bits and windows bits.

What do you think about every single google file (500+) having the same issue? Were they all planted? If only the Fielding Drive Zoom file had this issue, you might have a point. But since all the files have the same symptoms, it points to a systemic error with a boring non-nefarious reason.
[Please] go back and check the testimony you are referencing. As I understand it the 500 files were not simply google files they were the 500 google files associated with the 41 seconds of the Fielding Dr (27815 actually) search. That being the seems as though I might have a point according to your statement.

Or they have heard enough to justify guilty
Or they have heard so much and understand very little of it which will justify people going in different directions and justify hung

Actually, a hung jury would be quite good IMO. It would allow the prosecution, the next time around, to completely streamline their case. Focus on the important issues, insert a couple important of the 'nancy' witnesses, and move the case forwards in record time. MOO

And it's a little scary to think that the business that she and her Mom run in some cases requires high-level governement security clearance. I would think her sexual promiscuity would be a huge red flag.

What does personal sexual preference have to do with a security clearance? How would they even check such a thing?

They certainly could come to NG, and they certainly have reasons to. But, I doubt there's an attorney in that room who doesn't think G is a possibility, IMO.

If there's one thing I know about how jury's will read evidence and return a verdict, it's that I don't know how jury's will read evidence and return a verdict!

Either way, it won't be long now.

One thing that struck me was the timing of the note. Here is the testimony/events (with the most impact IMO) of the 24 hours+ preceding the note starting with the most recent:

*NC was wearing necklace at HT
*Ducks were in the house/accounted for, Cummings gets angry and says it makes State's witnesses look like liars
*Cummings allows witness to offer and explain an alternate theory to NC death
*JA directed that MH not speak directly to police but through her
*witnesses recount BC/NC relationship as not overtly hostile
*NC had plans to run the morning of 7/12 according to witnesses first recounting

This is all going in one direction, with no effective cross (in some cases self-destructive cross). Then the note from the jury right after the HT videos and testimony.

Actually, a hung jury would be quite good IMO. It would allow the prosecution, the next time around, to completely streamline their case. Focus on the important issues, insert a couple important of the 'nancy' witnesses, and move the case forwards in record time. MOO

True, but it works both ways too. It would allow the defense to line up their 'experts' better this time around. They may also get lucky and get a judge that would rule more in their favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd View Post
Was the crazy future date 2038?
The Unix time counts the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. On a 32-bit system:
Minimum Unix Time (0) = 1/1/1970
Maximum Unix Time (0xFFFFFFFF) = 1/19/2038

OK wait you are suddenly making very good sense to me. If the search was originally done on a linux machine the timestamps would be in unix time. If those files were then dropped on to a Windows Vista machine there would be an operating system mismatch. This could cause those timestamps to show as invalid. Right? Brought this over from yesterday's thread since the thread was locked.

More likely that the Google servers are Unix (or Linux) machines and when the files are dropped on a Windows system they keep their creation timestamps.

If that is the case (and I have a very strong suspicion that is the case) the whole invalid timestamp stuff belongs in the bit bucket.

Did defense say that after this display table, they are finished? What does that mean for the new Cisco router information? How does that play into this?

Well...

Going back over JW testimony they did talk about CSA logs as well as the FBI not requesting router logs. That may be enough to get the information in.

It may also be enough to get in more defense information as well if they do.

Quite a chess match.

The timestamp would be part of the directory entry, created by the OS. It would not be part of the file.
You think that all 500 google files were dropped in, and none were there naturally?
That would be very odd.
Remember 100% of google files had the exact same issue, not just the incriminating one.

What about this?

say you wiped your hard drive and then went to re-import your favorites for a browser via BOTH logging into google under your user name and using a belkin transfer cable. The first round (logging into google) would do NOTHING.

But, if you transferred your favorites in from a browser via cable with a boat-load of other files, all at once, what would come with it?

And would the file tables be accurate. (Thinking of the stupid vista transfer setup and how it always worked incorrectly and how much did it keep versus lose.)

soo no google expert? nothing to refute the google testimony to the jury?

not good for the defense. interesting.

The defense may think that JW was effective enough to create reasonable doubt, leaving it for the jury to see the timestamps and connect it with his testimony. Yes, GM testimony would have added to it moreso.

Bear in mind as well - they did request a mistrial and recusal, and proffered testimony from GM. They are working on the appeal as much as the actual trial.

There are two trains of thought. One) is the defense feels the states case is thin at best and they have already provided enough reasonable doubt to the jury or two) they feel that whoever they have left isn't going to substantially change the facts of the case (for example, they don't have anyone that's going to provide any more proof that she went jogging that morning) and hoping for an NG and if not, go to war in a appeal.

And maybe the impatient note from the jurors influenced the decision too, since they don't want to drag it out and frustrate them further.

I think we're going to see more about the computer stuff, although most likely not in this trial. There's going to have to be an investigation.

More likely that the Google servers are Unix (or Linux) machines and when the files are dropped on a Windows system they keep their creation timestamps.

If that is the case (and I have a very strong suspicion that is the case) the whole invalid timestamp stuff belongs in the bit bucket.

OK. But I was under the impression that the timestamps that were invalid were the SAM timestamps not creation or modified. The SAM timestamps would be related to the local machine not the Google server right?

Good morning all!

After much discussion with Admin and the other mods, the rules are changing a bit.

Discussion of the paternity issue will be allowed, based on what has come out in the trial.

I would remind you all to be respectful, not to name the minor children and to think before you hit the post button. Think about what the child might read here when she is old enough to access the internet and how it might impact her.

Salem

While we're in a lull - a little OT here, but anybody else checked out the Coleman murder trial??!!! Wow, we thought things were salacious with this trial. They've presented sex tapes, sexting, and the other woman did testify yesterday in a hot pink low cut blouse and wearing the defendant's "promise" ring. She was a best friend of the murdered wife also. A good bit of the evidence relates to computer evidence/technology also, along with cell phone pings. The murders of Sheri Coleman and her two sons were in 2008 also. Such a sad, sad situation.

I wouldn't be too interested in that blow by blow account. :innocent:

I see what you did there

edit:
1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

soo no google expert? nothing to refute the google testimony to the jury?

not good for the defense. interesting.

Yeah, I thought they had a google expert? What happened with that? And I thought they had their own 'bug guy'?

Concerning the google search...

Creating files with invalid timestamps is not a normal thing for a browser to do. Period. Any file downloaded over the internet with just about any browser is sent over an http connection, and this does not include time/date information. 2 different computer experts (or 1 and a network security expert) have both agreed that these files are not normal. Even the FBI can't explain why these timestamps are all messed up. The FBI's opinion was there was no tampering but they had no evidence to prove either way.

This does not prove that the files were planted, but it certainly provides very substantial doubt surrounding this bit of evidence. And oh yeah, this is the only piece of evidence solid enough for a conviction, IMHO.

I would have loved to hear testimony from an expert from Google. I think they could have cleared up alot of this based on their knowledge of how their website works with whatever browser/OS config BC was using.

Oh well, like they say "shouda, woulda, coulda"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcameo6