State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-10-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too much mother involvement, IMO. Not that this in any way excuses Jason's actions, but such strange family dynamics. Who talks to their in-law about sex?

There seemed to be a lot of division between the extended families throughout the marriage.

How on earth could JY and MY have a solid marriage with this going on around them?

I started crying when Linda broke down, talking about stroking her daughter's hair. Oh how sad. How hard it must have been to see her daughter so "void of life" in those last weeks.

I'm trying to imagine my mother sitting down with my husband and telling him how to make love to me ....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

People are different .. but, um, yeah .. that made me a bit uncomfortable...

imo

Didn't find anything about the NY times lady's testimony.....can anyone fill me in on what she testified to?

Also, is it true that Cassidy was given adult drugs?

Way too much mother involvement, IMO. Not that this in any way excuses Jason's actions, but such strange family dynamics. Who talks to their in-law about sex?

eeewwww ICK!!!!!!

Not me.

Shoot, my ma is still a virgin.

How on earth could JY and MY have a solid marriage with this going on around them?

I respectfully disagree. It is my opinion that the "meddling" was *in response* to obvious problems (fighting in front of others, change in Michelle's behavior, etc). No parent wants to sit back and watch things get worse and worse without at least trying to help. Maybe she was TOO involved, but I certainly don't blame their marriage problems on their mothers.

I don't really know the players in this case. Can anyone tell me is JY's family in the courtroom?

I respectfully disagree. It is my opinion that the "meddling" was *in response* to obvious problems (fighting in front of others, change in Michelle's behavior, etc). No parent wants to sit back and watch things get worse and worse without at least trying to help. Maybe she was TOO involved, but I certainly don't blame their marriage problems on their mothers.

I agree. AND it would be Michelle's decision as to whether it was too involved. All she had to do was stop talking to her Mother about it and tell her "thanks for your help but stop"......

Agree newmom. The major source of the marital strife was JY immaturity, sociopathy, and inability to keep his wee wee in his pants!

His not talking backfired too in that investigators didn't have 'his side of the story' about what his and Michelle's relationship was like. They sure heard alot from her friends and family.

:)

My momma's first words to me when I married were...

"he is now my son, you cannot come running home to me"

"you can't tell me about your fights, because you two will kiss and make up and I will be left with all the hurt feelings and anger"

Wise words from a wise woman ♥

Meddling is still meddling. Michelle and Jason were adults and such meddling makes things far worse, not better. There is no excuse for it.

JMO

JMO~~JY strikes me as a party frat boy who did things he regretted while drunk. He realized he was not only married to MY but her family and wanted out. A messy divorce was out of the question as he had an image with his family to uphold.

Jason is the one who dragged family right slam into the middle of their problems, by asking Meredith to mediate. If he had a problem with his wife's family up in his beeswax, what the heck did he do that for?

Exactly, I agree. We stay out of our daughters' business unless & until they come to us with a problem or concern. We have three daughters, and various involvements in their lives depending upon what they want or need. And they let us know, when/if they have a problem or issue in their lives. And we try to mediate, not take sides, but offer suggestions of mediation. We are extremely close with our sons-in-law also. We 'hang out' frequently as a family, cook-outs, family gatherings, parties, etc. We have never had a *family fight* knock on wood. We've not had a *need* to get 'into' their sex lives, other than occasional teasing in fun. But problems with money, grandchildren, we have offered suggestions that are well-accepted. One of our grandson's has autism, others have a few health problems, etc., and we do all we can to be of assistance, be it talking about 'what do you think we should do', or just taking care of kids so full attention could be paid to the child in need. My husband has travelled to Richmond with our daughter to meet with doctors as to the care of our grandson with autism, because he is exceptionally good at taking in and understanding the science involved. Our daughter wanted *his* input.

Meddling is still meddling. Michelle and Jason were adults and such meddling makes things far worse, not better. There is no excuse for it.

JMO

But .... apparently JY and MY allowed it .. ??? Family Dynamics .. who can explain them?

Jason is the one who dragged family right slam into the middle of their problems, by asking Meredith to mediate. If he had a problem with his wife's family up in his beeswax, what the heck did he do that for?

Perhaps he hoped Meredith could persuade her mother to stay out of his marriage.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member