State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-10-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone looking into anyone else's family in this amount of detail, after a highly dysfunctional event (murder - how much worse can a family dysfunction?), would likely be amazed at something and having the benefit of hindsight -assign blame to anything they deemed "odd".

We're all odd and I would not want my life subjected to this kind of scrutiny - ya'll would be calling for the looney bin to come get me too!

:)

My momma's first words to me when I married were...

"he is now my son, you cannot come running home to me"

"you can't tell me about your fights, because you two will kiss and make up and I will be left with all the hurt feelings and anger"

Wise words from a wise woman ♥

And if you had gone to this wise woman to talk about what your marriage was like, she would have what? Put her fingers in her ears and sung 'nah nah nah nah nah nah.....' so she wouldn't have to hear it? imo Michelle's Mother was trying to help because Michelle went to her for her help.

Anyone looking into anyone else's family in this amount of detail, after a highly dysfunctional event (murder - how much worse can a family dysfunction?), would likely be amazed at something and having the benefit of hindsight -assign blame to anything they deemed "odd".

We're all odd and I would not want my life subjected to this kind of scrutiny - ya'll would be calling for the looney bin to come get me too!

I'll make the call myself for any member of my family. ;)

The mother was instrusive. On the other hand, given her daughter was eventually killed by the husband, perhaps her tendency to intervene was justified on some level, imo.

Her regret, if she has one on this, will not be that she was too intrusive but rather that she was not instrusive enough, I would think, given the final outcome.

JMO~~JY strikes me as a party frat boy who did things he regretted while drunk. He realized he was not only married to MY but her family and wanted out. A messy divorce was out of the question as he had an image with his family to uphold.

JMO but I don't think he regrets anything.

But .... apparently JY and MY allowed it .. ??? Family Dynamics .. who can explain them?

Some things are so obvious they are a guaranteed recipe for conflict. Parents should act like parents and let their adult children live their own lives and understand that things such as holidays might be alternated between families. We sure don't insist our adult children include us in every holiday gathering and neither did our parents. Good grief.

JMO

I agree that it sounds like the in-laws were more involved in the marriage than they should of been (if my mother in law started talking to me about my sex life, I couldn't even describe how awkward that would be and there are no rifts between me and inlaws)

I agree that whatever 'interference' the in laws were causing, it's no excuse for things to end up the way they did.

Just curious as to why the prosecution found this information important to enough to be told to the jury? ie the meddling

Was it to show JY character? So difficult to follow when not watching. :banghead:

The mother was instrusive. On the other hand, given her daughter was eventually killed by the husband, perhaps her tendency to intervene was justified on some level, imo.

Her regret, if she has one on this, will not be that she was too intrusive but rather that she was not instrusive enough, I would think, given the final outcome.

I completely agree, gritguy. I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that level of familiarity in my family, therefore I would a) choose not to marry into that family in the first place, or b) seek a divorce if the situation became unbearable.

While odd to most of us, I really see how the parental intrusion had any bearing on Jason's decision to kill his wife.

And if you had gone to this wise woman to talk about what your marriage was like, she would have what? Put her fingers in her ears and sung 'nah nah nah nah nah nah.....' so she wouldn't have to hear it? imo Michelle's Mother was trying to help because Michelle went to her for her help.

My mother would have told me to divorce his a@@ and get to a safe place.

She is wise, not meddling.

A mothers instinct speaks volumes. Seems she had him pegged from the get go! moo

This is clearly true and works in every direction. A lot of JY's behaviors (even his bad acts) are common to people who have not commited and/or are not accused of murder, yet are submitted as supporting the conclusion that he is the murderer. Everybody is flawed and in a situation like this everyone's flaws are on display.

There's a narrower range of what is actually relevant to guilt than what the prosecution and defense will show, and witnesses and the defendant will all be exposed to criticism that is not directly on point to the decision of JY's guilt.

Just curious as to why the prosecution found this information important to enough to be told to the jury? ie the meddling

Was it to show JY character? So difficult to follow when not watching. :banghead:

IMO I think it's an attempt to show JY's behavior but the issue here is it just wasn't JY that was cold to MY's family, it was JY's entire family.

Jason's reaction to his intrusive m-i-l was to not want her to around him. I think that's a pretty normal reaction. I think the majority of the jury will agree when weighing this testimony.

JMO

Some things are so obvious they are a guaranteed recipe for conflict. Parents should act like parents and let their adult children live their own lives and understand that things such as holidays might be alternated between families. We sure don't insist our adult children include us in every holiday gathering and neither did our parents. Good grief.

JMO

And adult children should act like adult children and if they don't want the parents intruding .. tell them to butt out.

She could only intrude to the level that they allowed her.

I would have told her to butt out .. but they obviously sat and listened to her/them and discussed stuff with her/them ..

imo imo

Jason's reaction to his intrusive m-i-l was to not want her to around him. I think that's a pretty normal reaction. I think the majority of the jury will agree when weighing this testimony.

JMO

I agree with that. I would not read anything negative into his wanting to limit the MIL interaction.

Jason did nothing to help plan Michelle's funeral. When asked "where was Jason when you were arranging the funeral?" Ms Fisher responded, "ask him."

I hope all these circumstances lead to a conviction. He lawyered up before he even got back to Raleigh on the day of Michelle's murder. He NEVER spoke to the police. He relinquished custody of his daughter to avoid having to speak to a court. At what point does justice SCREAM out his guilt? All these circumstances lead to only one conclusion. But I don't have faith in our justice system to hold him accountable.

He is a coward and a despicable human being.

JMO

agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members