State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tarheel8600
Why did no cameras record JY going towards the breakfast area on Friday morning?

Why does this matter? If you believe JY is guilty, you must believe he made it back to the hotel to push up camera.

<snipped>

It matters because the defendant testified to it, if he lied about this fact what other facts did he lie about.

<snipped>

It matters because the defendant testified to it, if he lied about this fact what other facts did he lie about.

Well, in that case.. Wasn't it testified that most areas of lobby near breakfast area were not visible from camera. No way to prove he was or wasn't in this area.

Can you clarify, when did they find out it was unplugged? How long had it been unplugged before they realized it?

Reviewing the tape later by LE, the camera went black at 11:20PM.
The staff noticed it when he saw the monitor cycling through and one of the cameras was black....he said after he found rock in door during rounds, between 3-5AM.

Alright, I was speaking with someone about this yesterday, and they stated that during the testimony yesterday it was revealed that the same sole was also used in (2) other "cheaper" models of shoes Hushpuppy produced and that he could not testify to how many of those were available.

Is this accurate? I have not gotten a chance to watch yesterday's testimony, but this may lessen the impact of the 195 figure we've been bandying about.

Well, in that case.. Wasn't it testified that most areas of lobby near breakfast area were not visible from camera. No way to prove he was or wasn't in this area.

The west hall from the breakfast area would catch anyone leaving that area and walking out the west exit (where his car was)...impossible to avoid even the 14 second camera delay.

Must have missed this somewhere. So he unplugged camera before his trip to front desk to get paper?

I thought the hotel people testified that camera was spotted unplugged at 3-4:30. Immediately plugged back in. Then they noticed it was pushed up 10-30 mins later?

Was referring to closets. I thought both were found to have been "not the way they normally are."

There was testimony in the last trial that the camera was unplugged at 11:20 - don't recall it from this trial. This trial we heard that the camera timestamps were often wrong. The camera was noticed unplugged by the night audit clerk when he came down the stairs after delivering papers between 3:30 and 4:30. It was plugged in at around 5:30 AM. It was noticed tilted again at 6:35.

Can you clarify, when did they find out it was unplugged? How long had it been unplugged before they realized it?

The night auditor testified he found it unplugged on one of his rounds either delivering the quick checkout forms under the doors or when he was delivery the USA today papers to the doors. He said he does them in separate rounds, starts at 3:30 am and finishes in about an hr. He testified he could not recall which time he noticed but it was during that hour.

I am going on memory of his testimony. (just to point out where my info is coming from)

The staff noticed it when he saw the monitor cycling through and one of the cameras was black....he said after he found rock in door during rounds, between 3-5AM.

Interesting. Cell records have him on the phone past 11:20pm, correct? Did he unplug it and then go back to his room?

Good morning, everyone :)

Shoe testimony from yesterday was so big to me. Just want to remind everyone that only 195 pairs of brown Hush Puppy Orbital size 12s were made. I think it's such a huge point.

I'm still trying to keep my "mock juror hat" on.

In the first trial, the night audit clerk claimed he noticed the camera monitor for that camera went black and so he checked on it. In this trial he said that he was coming down the stairs and noticed the rock and then the camera.

He changed his testimony.

Did staff not have monitors to see what the cameras were doing?

All the talk about why the Prosecution played the video of Jason's testimony from the previous trial, that there MUST be something big he said that they can prove to be untrue - isn't it just as likely that they wouldn't know until it's too late whether or not Jason will testify in this second trial? If they don't put in the tape in their case in chief and he doesn't take the stand, they're screwed.

I thought it was pretty smart to play his testimony in its entirety. If they showed only snippets and not all of it, it looks like the other stuff is harmful to them and that they don't want the jurors to hear it. And you can bet the defense will show it, if not. Get it all out there, so the jurors think that the prosecution isn't afraid of it. Since his testimony was a big reason for hanging the jury last time, I think it's pretty smart to present it and try to take some of the dt's power away...

Alright, I was speaking with someone about this yesterday, and they stated that during the testimony yesterday it was revealed that the same sole was also used in (2) other "cheaper" models of shoes Hushpuppy produced and that he could not testify to how many of those were available.

Is this accurate? I have not gotten a chance to watch yesterday's testimony, but this may lessen the impact of the 195 figure we've been bandying about.

The Sealy and Belville...

The HP rep said these shoes are not widely sold. The Raleigh area has 2 boutique shops as well as DSW (Orbital only)selling the brand.

It is a fact, that any men's HP shoe is rare in the Raleigh area.

The west hall from the breakfast area would catch anyone leaving that area and walking out the west exit (where his car was)...impossible to avoid even the 14 second camera delay.

No cameras recorded him leaving that morning, but we know he was there and that he left that morning.

The Sealy and Belville...

The HP rep said these shoes are not widely sold. The Raleigh area has 2 boutique shops as well as DSW (Orbital only)selling the brand.

It is a fact, that any men's HP shoe is rare in the Raleigh area.

Thanks. That clears it up.

In the first trial, the night audit clerk claimed he noticed the camera monitor for that camera went black and so he checked on it. In this trial he said that he was coming down the stairs and noticed the rock and then the camera.

He changed his testimony.

He looked at the monitor after he saw the rock...checking for what happened....makes sense.

Interesting. Cell records have him on the phone past 11:20pm, correct? Did he unplug it and then go back to his room?

Yes, the defendant testified he left his room to get a charger for his computer and then went out again to smoke a cigar and read the paper, using a twig both times.

Speaking of twigs, why were LE able to find the rock that was in the door but not those the twigs???

Yes, the defendant testified he left his room to get a charger for his computer and then went out again to smoke a cigar and read the paper, using a twig both times.

Speaking of twigs, why were LE able to find the rock that was in the door but not those the twigs???

I doubt LE was looking for twigs, since the first they heard of it was this summer.

That's the theory ... he went down, unplugged the camera, went back up to his room, went down again, stopped at the front desk in full view of cameras at midnight, then walked straight toward another camera at midnight (exit door camera).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa