Statement Analysis & Related Info

Anyone willing to go the next step after reading these articles and apply their theories to this case? I would LOVE to read it.

On a sort of semi side note - not saying any one eay is the only right way, but if I found the door open at 3 AM and my hubby or significant other or erotic life partner or what-have-you, . :D . were typically getting off work around that time, the first thing I'd do is yell, "Honey are you out there?? Is that you?" thinking he was home.

Did Misty do that? Oh guess there was no time what with her calling Ron just as he was pulling into the driveway and all.

Anyone willing to go the next step after reading these articles and apply their theories to this case? I would LOVE to read it.
I'd love to read your theory too, Theonly1;

The more the......

Well, more than two heads are better than one...

:)

Also, about the door being wide open.... The whole manner in which the scene was described just didn't ring true for me at all. I think I have a transcript, if I can find it.

Couldn't they simply have TOLD the cops that the door was open?

Or did they think that leaving the door open made it more believable?

I mean if I found the door open at 3 AM and it wasn't my hubby/erotic life partner . ;) . coming home from work, I would be terrified and want to grab Jr. and close/lock the door .....or close/lock the door and then grab Jr.... b/c I wouldn't know if whoever were coming back.

And later I'd be OK with simply TELLING the cops that the door was open; Why wouldn't they believe me? I would assume that they would believe me; and I wouldn't feel the need to "prove" to LE that the door was open by leaving it open - especially if I were there alone with one baby left and one baby missing.

I know many times it's better not to touch things involved in possible crime scenes, but at that moment.. in the moment.... protecting the remaining child and myself woud be my first concern... right at that moment. I mean, that right or wrong, I'd close the dang door. Jus sayin.

PS
Protective full body armor is firmly in place for incoming flying vegetable onslaught. I prefer cucumbers.

(Insert your own joke here)

:D:D:D

Misty's sensory detail is off too, imo. She woke because she needed to use the bathroom/then get a drink-- noticed the light was on, then Saw the door wide open...

Wouldn't a very large temperature change be obvious? 3 am in February-- we're not talking balmy...hink. mo

Also, about the door being wide open.... The whole manner in which the scene was described just didn't ring true for me at all. I think I have a transcript, if I can find it.

I mean if I found the door open at 3 AM and it wasn't my hubby/erotic life partner . ;) . coming home from work, I would be terrified and want to grab Jr. and close/lock the door .....or close/lock the door and then grab Jr.... b/c I wouldn't know if whoever were coming back.

And later I'd be OK with simply TELLING the cops that the door was open; Why wouldn't they believe me? I would assume that they would believe me; and I wouldn't feel the need to "prove" to LE that the door was open by leaving it open - especially if I were there alone with one baby left and one baby missing.

I know many times it's better not to touch things involved in possible crime scenes, but at that moment.. in the moment.... protecting the remaining child and myself woud be my first concern... right at that moment. I mean, that right or wrong, I'd close the dang door. Jus sayin.

PS
Protective full body armor is firmly in place for incoming flying vegetable onslaught. I prefer cucumbers.

I'd be terrified someone was in the house!

editing to add.... which is why 911 would have been my #1 priority (while grabbing JR).

you could always slam the door shut with your foot as to not touch the doorknob, besides, if there are prints, they are likely on the outside, not the inside of the door.
keeping it open was over the top, but then so was the whole 911 call, imo.
Who hangs up on a 911 operator anyway?
I've had to call them a gazillion times for my severely disabled son, and when you're calling out for help, you don't say oh to H!ll with you, you're no good, I'm calling someone else, and hang up! Twice!
Who does That???!!!!!

Speaking of theories, Theonly1, I'm hoping that's what everyone will do here.... even if it comes in bits and pieces - share our theories or red flags or hinky meters as far as what's been said in the audios, videos, and transcripts.

I'm looking now for links to different things now so we don't have to search around for them if they're discussed.

I wanted to comment on that first (I beleive it was the first) interview of Ron; It was the one where Teresa was standing there with him and he dropped to the ground.

But I need to find the clip first.

If anyone has these clip handy will you re-post them? I know they are scattered all around and we've probably seen them, but sometimes it's good to hear them again if something comes up about it inn particular.

Hey, you guys, I'm looking for these clips if you have them handy: These and you can add any others that you think are relevant)

1.) The Ron video where he drops to the ground

2.) The Misty video where she rambles on about the washing of the blankets

3.) An early, one of the first few, Greta show interviews of Misty and Ron where they're sitting in chairs side by side outside (and she gets 4 inches and 4 feet confused.)

4.) The TODAY SHOW interview of the newlyweds

5.) An early appearance of Crystal on Nancy (stripperpole!) Grace

you could always slam the door shut with your foot as to not touch the doorknob, besides, if there are prints, they are likely on the outside, not the inside of the door.
keeping it open was over the top, but then so was the whole 911 call, imo.
I've had to call them a gazillion times for my severely disabled son, and when you're calling out for help, you don't say oh to H!ll with you, you're no good, I'm calling someone else, and hang up! Twice!
Who does That???!!!!!
I know, right?

The hanging up on 911 (among other things) totally slayed me.

Wow.Just.Wow.

PS

Ah, but they couldn't just leave the door open--it needed to be "bricked" to stay open. Misty was vague about the cinderblock/brick; Ron unknowingly added more detail:

GRACE: Do you know where the cinderblock came from that was propping the door open?

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`tknow. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing mycar. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t
know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I
don`t believe.

GRACE: So to your knowledge, you`ve never seen it.

CUMMINGS: Not that I believe. I mean, I may be mistaken and have seen it before, but I know it wasn`t where it`s at now.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

Ron said he has no clue, then went on to narrow it down considerably.

I'd be terrified someone was in the house!

editing to add.... which is why 911 would have been my #1 priority (while grabbing JR).

Yeah, that too, Kikid;

I would grab the remaining kid, grab the phone, grab the gun, go into the master bedroom, lock that door, then into the bathroom, lock that door, and call 911 immediately from the locked bathroom... with the gun aimed at the door.....til they got there..... but that's me.

Ah, but they couldn't just leave the door open--it needed to be "bricked" to stay open. Misty was vague about the cinderblock/brick; Ron unknowingly added more detail:

GRACE: Do you know where the cinderblock came from that was propping the door open?

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`tknow. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing mycar. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t
know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I
don`t believe.

GRACE: So to your knowledge, you`ve never seen it.

CUMMINGS: Not that I believe. I mean, I may be mistaken and have seen it before, but I know it wasn`t where it`s at now.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

Ron said he has no clue, then went on to narrow it down considerably.

That was a confusing point for me, Indigo;

The inside door was shown on NG as being on a slow auto -closer. SO what was holdiong it open?

And the screen door was the one "bricked" right?

And from photos (I will try to find those) the screen door was held open only a few inches by the cinderblock.

She didn't mention the INSIDE door on the call or was that the one "wide" open? It'd have to be, right? Or how else could she see that the ecreen door was "bricked" unless the inner door were already open?

~snipped~
Who does That???!!!!!
ME! I have hung up on 911! I didn't have time to sit and chat with a woman bleeding in my kitchen who required immediate medical attention until help arrived.

There may have been another time I hung up on them, too. Action requires people to be off the phone and to me...it is a waste of time to sit and answer questions. After I call for a request of fire, police, ambulance...tell them the situation, the location, and such...no need to keep them on the line unless they can help me.

ME! I have hung up on 911! I didn't have time to sit and chat with a woman bleeding in my kitchen who required immediate medical attention until help arrived.
I can understand your doing that in your situation, SeriouslySearching ; If you knew what to do for a bleeding person, it makes total sense to me for you to abandon the call and tend immedaitely to the bleeder as best you can til further help arrived.

This wasn't the case with Ron though.

There may have been another time I hung up on them, too. Action requires people to be off the phone and to me...it is a waste of time to sit and answer questions. After I call for a request of fire, police, ambulance...tell them the situation, the location, and such...no need to keep them on the line unless they can help me.

Huh? There was no bleeding or injured person in this instance-- only a need to get pertinent information about what was unfolding at that very moment. Misty was unclear at best, and full of discrepancies that I, for one, am glad were recorded! It's protocol for very good reasons imo.

Not to mention the man in the background promising he was going to kill someone. Good grief.

I have posted on the theory thread that I thought that Haleigh may have gotten into something in the kitchen that was drugged or ate pills and died as a result of it. I don't believe Misty was home and when she did come home, she found Haleigh dead, she may have had someone with her and they called Ron. The man Jr saw may have been carrying her out to the van to get rid of the body. It was too late so the staging began because they would both be liable and Ron didn't want to lose JR to CS. I believe that his tantrum on the phone and blaming Misty was because he felt it was her fault and he was already grieving the loss of his daughter. I know that doesn't sit well with others that feel CS had motive, but back child support doesn't feel like a reason to kill your child, and why leave the other one? I really believe it was an accidental overdose, kids get up and get into things when they are hungry and no one is home to stop them. They do it while parents are home. My cousin drank black shoe polish. He was 2, crawled into the kitchen, opened the cabinet door and drank it before my Aunt saw him. It was before mothers child proofed the cabinets. JMO

I would not have stayed on the call with them in that situation either. I would have been looking for Haleigh and calling neighbors, family, others to come help, too. I guess it is why I don't consider it a big deal. I agree that dispatch wasn't going to be immediate help especially since it would take much longer for a deputy to arrive in a country type setting. The need to start looking was immediate and my response would not have been much different. I can see the urgency and desire to get them off the phone.

I would not have stayed on the call with them in that situation either. I would have been looking for Haleigh and calling neighbors, family, others to come help, too. I guess it is why I don't consider it a big deal. I agree that dispatch wasn't going to be immediate help especially since it would take much longer for a deputy to arrive in a country type setting. The need to start looking was immediate and my response would not have been much different. I can see the urgency and desire to get them off the phone.

Are we to assume a corded telephone in this situation? And they both had a phone if we are to believe their story...The whole thing stinks to high heaven imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back