Strange, doncha think?

I don't think its a matter of being trained in cpr or not. I think John Ramsey's brain was denying the obvious implicatiions of what he saw and smelled. I think it just took some time before he was able to acknowledge to himself that his daughter was dead.

Originally posted by Toth
I don't think its a matter of being trained in cpr or not. I think John Ramsey's brain was denying the obvious implicatiions of what he saw and smelled. I think it just took some time before he was able to acknowledge to himself that his daughter was dead.

What!? Did JR think that somebody took off their shoe and that's what he smelled, or what? Did he think JB was wearing blue lipstick? Did he think her body was rigid due to spray starch? Get real. That's why we have CPR--to revive (even a stranger, let alone our daughter) in a situation where you think the victim could live. If JR really thought JB MIGHT be alive, he'd have done something more to save her than to try to untie her hands. Geezo Peezo. :fuming:

to John, I have been in the room with a dead body after being called by their family and the family refuses to believe that person is dead.
It's called shock. The mind kind of goes into a protective mode
and doesn't accept it.

Heck, we were taught that if the family is present, we use our judgement as to whether we pretend to do CPR or not. When we "pretend" to do CPR, the family seems to feel comfort that someone is trying to do something for their deceased family member.

And, when the family finally does realize that their family member is gone, it is not a pretty site.

I don't think John or Patsy's reaction at this point was wrong.

I just find it fascinating that John, finding the body himself, was denying she was dead, and Patsy, knowing nothing but the scream and call for an ambulance already knew she was dead.

They are truly an amazing couple!

That's the thing about the present and past, you have a split second to react the way you do, but everyone in the world has the rest of their natural lives to analyze what you do and why....

Oh, and just a quick question, in most familial homicides, a person other then the parent(s) who killed the family memberfinds the body. But, in this case JR found JBR....does anyone else not think this odd.

Does anyone have any info as to how many parents who have found their child actually committed the murder?

Originally posted by ajt400
Oh, and just a quick question, in most familial homicides, a person other then the parent(s) who killed the family memberfinds the body. But, in this case JR found JBR....does anyone else not think this odd.

Does anyone have any info as to how many parents who have found their child actually committed the murder?

Oooooh, I don't think JR WANTED to be the one to discover JB. I think he was just sick of having people in his home when he wanted/needed to be alone after the 'ugly' (which I believe he knew all about) that happened in his home to cause JB's demise.

I think John and Patsy were hoping their friends or the police would right away find JonBenet's body. When that didn't happen, John had to "find" it...which was easy to do since he knew right where it was.

Okay, so why not just point out the room JBR was in a little better? He could've said "Did you check in the (was it a?) storage room?" Or "Go check in that room," It would have been just as easy to do that as to find it himself....
Still waiting on the info...

BTW: Lizzie Borden pointed the maid to where her step-moter's body was, instead of going to find it herself. She was quite adament that she would not go to look herself....

Originally posted by ajt400
Okay, so why not just point out the room JBR was in a little better? He could've said "Did you check in the (was it a?) storage room?" Or "Go check in that room," It would have been just as easy to do that as to find it himself....
Still waiting on the info...

BTW: Lizzie Borden pointed the maid to where her step-moter's body was, instead of going to find it herself. She was quite adament that she would not go to look herself....

I don't think John (remember he was a CEO) wanted to leave it to chance any longer. He knew if he wanted to get JB found and people out of his home, he had to do the 'finding' himself. JMO

Why would he want to get people out of the house if they were having their murder Brunch? Why not have everyone there for awhile longer?

Remember, they are the ones who called their friends over....

1) Older kids were on their way and would shortly arrive to add to the murder brunch and possibly one of them...say JAR or Melinda would stumble across the body...owwwwwww...
2) Decomposing bodies detract from property value and he knew he would be having to sell that house...

COLORS:

I have a book called The Secondary Colors, by Alexander Theroux. It is a fascinating read. Purple is associated with all sorts of things. Examples:

"Have you heard it asserted that pregnant women and people with thyroid malfunctions tend to perfer purple?" (p.160)

Same page: "menopause mauve".

Following page: association with leprosy - body color.

Oh, here's a great one -

"Purple is the color of grief, dead leaves, merciless pride, prison complexions, coffin silk, acne, funereal trappings (vestments, cortege, and so forth), ruin, the mark of hypodermic drug injections, wheals, varicose veins, oral lesions, blood blisters, welts, collapsed lungs, oxygen deprivation, and inevitable, enveloping death in a dying- or dead- body." (p.161-2)

OTOH "Purple is the magisterium. It is a color combining blue (spirituality and nobility) and red (courage and virility), and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

And on the first page Laura Markley is quoted as saying:

Aren't orange, purple and green like costumes made of felt, Munchkin colors?

But the true color you want to look into is not purple, but 'silvery' as in 'silvery' grey...right, John and Patsy?

Murder brunch? WOW! That's a new one on me! If the R's wanted a soireé, I think it was over once the guests arrived, but that's JMO.

Twilight quote: and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

I was born on Feb.5,I have always accepted the wit ,intelligence,etc.. ;)

Originally posted by twilight
1) Older kids were on their way and would shortly arrive to add to the murder brunch and possibly one of them...say JAR or Melinda would stumble across the body...owwwwwww...

< Like I said, better them than him, and if he is going to kill or conspire in the murder/disposal of a body, do you think he cares what his older/other children go through? How could he be so callous yet so emotional?

2) Decomposing bodies detract from property value and he knew he would be having to sell that house...

<Then he must have known that the value had already decreased suffiently. Once again, here he seems so cold--just to turn around and care about the other children? Makes no sense...

And again, he could've simply said "hey Fleet, go check that room."

COLORS:

I have a book called The Secondary Colors, by Alexander Theroux. It is a fascinating read. Purple is associated with all sorts of things. Examples:

"Have you heard it asserted that pregnant women and people with thyroid malfunctions tend to perfer purple?" (p.160)

Same page: "menopause mauve".

Following page: association with leprosy - body color.

Oh, here's a great one -

"Purple is the color of grief, dead leaves, merciless pride, prison complexions, coffin silk, acne, funereal trappings (vestments, cortege, and so forth), ruin, the mark of hypodermic drug injections, wheals, varicose veins, oral lesions, blood blisters, welts, collapsed lungs, oxygen deprivation, and inevitable, enveloping death in a dying- or dead- body." (p.161-2)

OTOH "Purple is the magisterium. It is a color combining blue (spirituality and nobility) and red (courage and virility), and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

And on the first page Laura Markley is quoted as saying:

Aren't orange, purple and green like costumes made of felt, Munchkin colors?

But the true color you want to look into is not purple, but 'silvery' as in 'silvery' grey...right, John and Patsy?

I don't know if this is just a Soutern thing, but people around here have Christmas trees in all colors. (You guys are talking about a Christmas Tree, right?) I personally hate most Christmas decorations, but that's their money. Whatever

Up here, our trees are all blue, cause it's so cold!!! And the light bulbs frost over and we have real icicles hanging from the branches even on artificial trees.

Have you read DOI, with Patsy's endless rambling about the color purple and it's portent of doom, etc. etc. Makes me wonder what color the tree was the year she developed the Stage IV OC. Hospital green, maybe? And what color was the tree the year Beth died? Black? And what color is their tree this year - ORANGE?

Ivy, I think you have their tree confused with Lin Wood's tree.

yeppers imon i agree it would have been hard not to come running to see about my baby

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back