Stranger abduction theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole area of Oregon is known for having alot of occultic/wiccan groups,maybe the person who took him was a stranger to Kyron.But what if not a stranger to people who knew about kyron,his behavior,activities,had access to knowledge of family happenings.There have been many changes in the family this year,have there been people surrounding any of them that could have targeted Kyron?Are any friends or family members involved in a wiccan/occult lifestyle or group?It could be someone they wouldn't suspect.It could be teens as well as adults.

I've never seen a thing indicating anything wiccan/occult related.

I was just thinking to myself, it is interesting how close to the end of the school year this occured. Wondering if anyone was moving away at the end of June. Also another thought I had, wonder how many people have looked for Kyron in a disguise, like a wig or something, he had very short hair, coloring it wouldnt change his appearance too much, but a wig could.

I know we talked about all the things that were a distraction that day, and made for an opportunity to take this child. I just viewed the weather thread for that day, and a video is linked of a funeral procession of a Police Captain, and there are lines of patrol cars riding in the rain. Could that have been another thing that someone thought about, that LE would be distracted or tied up for the day? Maybe not so many patrol cars on the road, or so many LE eyes watching because they were paying tribute to a another comrade in arms? Just a thought about how so many things came into play that day.

Actually I thought I had read that it was 5% by strangers but since MK would know much more about the true statistics than I do I will rely on him.

If it has increased from a very low percentage to now almost being a 1/4 of abductions are being done by strangers then that is chilling to the bone. It means there are more and more of them than ever before.

And of course percentages in the end doesn't really assure us of anything anyway.

One child.......one stranger predator is all that has to happen to a child.

imo
How true Ocean, In researching this subject I have learned that statistics on missing children are broken down into so many categories it is hard to find what you are looking for ;}

ETA:

This is an interesting link on the subject: http://missingchild.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/criminal-minds-and-a-shade-of-gray/

Snippet:

" . . . “99% of abducted children are killed in the first 24 hours”

Dramatic statistics but not actually correct, at least according to the Case Management for Missing Children Homicide Investigation report by the Washington State Attorney and the U.S. Department of Justice- Office of Juvenile and Delinquency Prevention. The statistic quoted is for those children who were abducted and murdered not for all abducted children.

There are approximately 115 children in the U.S. who are victims of a “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child . . ." {more at link}

It didn't say how many children are kidnapped in the US each year and if that 115 victims are from one year. Wish it was more specific. But it does give an indication it must be a small # of abductions are done by strangers IMO.

I posted why I think a child would be a vulnerable target within a school, and that they would not necessarily be considering 'stranger danger' in that setting. When I heard Kaine explain how they've impressed upon Kyron he needs to follow instructions from adults in school, my heart went into my throat. The vulnerability that inherently exists in that situation was enhanced by Kyron being specifically taught to 'mind'. This is not to berate the parents for doing so; I taught my children to follow instructions from teachers and other adults while at school. My daughter has taught her son to do the same with those at his preschool. Who would even stop to think something like that could be used by a predator intent on taking a child? But watching Kaine and Desiree while this was being discussed, it was obvious to me they both think this may be what happened that day.

Transcript for last night's Nancy Grace

NANCY GRACE - Mystery 911 Call in Kyron Horman Case
Aired June 30, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

If they didn't look at every known SO in the area, it would be brought up later by counsel to any accused as proof of tunnel vision, rush to judgement, unfair focusing on only one suspicious person, sloppy investigation, etc.

You know, if that number is correct, that is fairly low for a good-sized city...my city is smaller than Portland and we show 371 RSO's...

I can't get behind a stranger abduction and also be behind believing in LE...they seemed to have dismissed this early on.

Transcript for last night's Nancy Grace

NANCY GRACE - Mystery 911 Call in Kyron Horman Case
Aired June 30, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

Not to mention there are 55 RSO's, in Portland alone, who have a history/preference for males that include males in Kyron's age group. Due to the TOS regarding posting information pertaining to RSO's, I am unable to provide my data on these particular offender's as they have not been "officially" named as part of the investigation, but anyone is welcome to do as I did and research AND sort through Oregon's RSO's site for themselves to find this information - that is, if they wanted to... JMHO ~

SO still being looked at?
If accurate, this is interesting - that they are still running down SO theory.
Yes, they do need to do this...but if they were so certain Terri is the suspect, they would not need to do this...

So...should we consider this as well - an older theory -
Not a "stranger" but SO/abductor known to Terri.
(Terri not knowing the person is SO)

If Terri had been reckless and her recklessness introduced Kyron to bad guys ... would this explain family's & LE's & her behaviors over the past weeks ... at first united...at first a major search & rescue... then the focus on Terri...trust deteriorating...etc...?

LE says they will not comment on PERSONAL actions being taken by Kaine vs. Terri.

Just noodling...

Hoping we have an LE/Family presser today and actually learn something...

You know, if that number is correct, that is fairly low for a good-sized city...my city is smaller than Portland and we show 371 RSO's...

I can't get behind a stranger abduction and also be behind believing in LE...they seemed to have dismissed this early on.

I can't speak to your city as I don't know where that is and what your particular state's registration requirements are for SO's but, as for Oregon, the following should be kept in mind...

Oregon provides information only for sex offenders who have been designated as Predatory, as provided in ORS 181.585, who have also been determined to present the highest risk of reoffending and to require the widest range of notification; or found to be a sexually violent dangerous offender under ORS 144.635.
(RE: Oregon.gov website)

Therefore the low number you refer to does not represent ALL offenders ~

Now that's really interesting... I do remember reading something along these lines back at the beginning. Also, wasn't there supposedly a 911 call from the school that morning ? I am linkless in Seattle,but I know I read about it way back... However, didn't LE come out and say,fairly recently, that " there was no disturbance at the school that morning " ? IMO, it's possibly significant,especially if kids from the school are still discussing it..... The only problem I can see with this information is that IMO, predator pedophiles do what they do by blending in,and looking like the person next door. IMO,almost never would they go on the hunt in a "creepy " mode....

All JMO

If LE thought this was a possible stranger abduction, would they have kept school open the following week?

(honestly asking, don't know if they would or not)

I remember the school called, but I also remember that NO 9-1-1 calls were placed until the Hormans or the bus driver called the school to find out where Kyron was, and they were told he'd been out all day?

bbm

I remember someone posting something about that in an early thread. I went to the site and poked around. The site (whose name escapes me at the moment) is one where members can post information about crime data in their area. Kinda like a crime wiki, I guess. You can filter your results by clicking on a button to show information posted by members.

The call from Skyline (when sec called him as missing) was listed, and if you click on the details link, it gives address and some very basic information. IIRC, it doesn't say much really.

In the list of police calls/crimes reported, there were a number from other schools too.

My problem with using this as a definitive source is that most of these were posted by members of the site. There's no way of knowing if they entered the data in correctly as to time and date of the call, etc. I think there was a question of whether another call went out to the school on the following Monday, but again, it may have simply been entered incorrectly.

If I can ever remember the name of the site, I'll post it.

Calliope,
TY for that info. But, I don't mean the secretary's call, the call I mean was in the a.m. Could have sworn it,but I can't find anything on it now. I could have been mistaken, it has actually been known to happen....

JM (latest) O... since hearing Kyron's mom's (DY) televised plea aimed directly at Terri, I'm definately now leaning even further away from my stranger-abduction/pedophile theory. I don't see this mom directly addressing Terri without very good cause... I pray that Kyron is found alive and, god forbid if not, I hope that this latest search effort will recover his precious little body while there is still enough (sorry) to tell LE/ME what caused his death.

This case is starting to grow cold and I gauge this on the fact that I am finally able to keep up on what is posted daily while working full time and raising two small boys.

I believe that this is partially due to the family starting to believe the stuff they, themselves have been reading online. KH is starting to show that he has a need to control the whole situation (some of us have seen this before here) and he actually believes he can!

If by trying to "keep the focus on Kyron" why did he switched the focus to his family's personal situation by first taking the little girl from her mother, filing for divorce and then slapping SM with a restraining order. Then he has the audacity to not want to talk about this and throws out any media outlet who has the nerve to follow up on any of these leads!

It might be in Kyron's family's best interest to look into other recent cases on WS. Stranger abductions happen but are rare, acquaintance abductions do happen - they need to look at Tori Stafford's case on WS. She was taken by someone who may have have a grudge against the little girl's parents or may have be privy to that family's dynamics and knew that there would be a "window of opportunity" to take a child for whatever their purpose might be.

Social networks, mainly Facebook pointed the finger early at the mother of Tori and when someone was finally arrested 6 weeks after the little girl went missing, we found out that not only was the mother not "directly" involved in her daughter's murder, neither was her allegedly and accused pedophile boyfriend (though I am relunctant to admit that he is still not involved in some way but will be satisfied to wait until the trial).

All I am saying is that the smartest strategy I have witnessed so far in the past month is Terri finally having a valid reason to retain a lawyer and this was forced by Kyron's "family" et al when he filed the for divorce and the requested the RO! Did he not see this coming? Of course she finally was able to get a lawyer to speak on her behave because Kaine wasn't doing that for her at all! So wishy-washy he was!

I just don't see SM being involved other than she may have been evasive during a LDT, I think she was seeing someone on the side and if she was and admitted it to her husband I can clearly visualize him saying something along the lines of "you were in a hurry to drop off my son so you can go and meet your lover and..." and being so pissed that he is throwing her "under the bus". Gosh, if she finally admitted that she was in a hurry to meet a boyfriend - Kaine would have been livid (control again)! And what if she was to meet this someone else? If his name was ever to come out - he would be hounded to the end of time for just what, a little afternoon delight?!

When people file divorce papers with restraining orders, I don't think both parties are in the court room at the same time (or City Hall) and the judge hears both sides!

Keep in mind people that all of these "players" have been married several times - none of them seem to be easy to get along with and all have a need to control their situations. Remember Kyron's Bio Mom slapped Kaine with a restainling order too and eventually changed her mind when it suited her agenda that Kaine was fit and enough to leave her son with full time! Everything I say is JMO.

If LE thought this was a possible stranger abduction, would they have kept school open the following week?

(honestly asking, don't know if they would or not)

I think they would.

After all, they had personnel in the school and hundreds of officers in the area surrounding the school, looking for any suspicious behaviour.

Not to mention hordes of media lurking around.

That school was probably the safest school in the US for the two weeks left in the school year after Kyron's disappearance. If I had a child in that school, I would not have hesitated to send that child to school, provided the child wanted to go.

JM (latest) O... since hearing Kyron's mom's (DY) televised plea aimed directly at Terri, I'm definately now leaning even further away from my stranger-abduction/pedophile theory. I don't see this mom directly addressing Terri without very good cause... I pray that Kyron is found alive and, god forbid if not, I hope that this latest search effort will recover his precious little body while there is still enough (sorry) to tell LE/ME what caused his death.

Quoting myself;

Oh what a difference a day can make. I'm now leaning back toward the other side of the fence... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500