Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
In thinking about LE establishing some type of an alert system, not an Amber Alert; an alert system for missing children. IMO, it’s next to impossible.

Very respectfully snipped to focus.

Our country, our government, the Department of Justice specifically, established a non-Amber Alert system years ago, NCMEC (National Organization for Missing and Exploited Children).

You can read about their history (very interesting - involved tireless efforts by John Walsh, father of Adam Walsh), their purpose, all the different activities they engage in for the government and law enforcement.

One of the things they do is issue alerts - in addition to Amber Alerts - for all missing children in our country, on the behalf of LE across the country.

It's at missingkids.com

A little while ago, I posted two posts in this thread with two different ways that everyone can opt in to receiving all the missing children alerts, for their state, or their region, or the whole country.

The problem is not that we or LE don't have a non-Amber Alert system - the problem is that the knowledge that people in the public can opt in to it is not widely publicized. It's only recently that publicizing that everyone in the public can opt in to receive the Amber Alerts was publicized. I expect a similar publicity campaign for the rest of the alerts in the coming years. Meantime, we can keep telling about them ourselves.

The more people get the alerts, the more we can do to get them out across the country, more widely and quickly, via social media, email, and hand distribution.

Thanks Cheese, I couldn't find it & I am assuming that one said he was cooperating, if not it would go back into Dec. as being the last time.

News releases put out the facts of their case (that they want out there) for the press & public. When they stated MR was cooperating around Jan. 5th that was a fact. Since it hasn't been mentioned since then in their news releases I take that to mean there has been a change that this is no longer a fact for some reason. :twocents:

Really? LE makes a habit of saying that someone is cooperative and then they arrest them? Can you give me examples? Because all of the cases I know about an unofficial person of interest has been identified with more than one uncooperative behavior--moving away, attempting to leave the country, refusing to speak with investigators. Anyway, if you have examples of cooperative perpetrators (convicted) I'm all ears. (or eyes).

Here is one:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8654210&postcount=144"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #1[/ame]

http://thedailystar.dcom/localnews/x...ing-area-woman

"Jennifer Renz Ramsaran, the 36-year-old stay-at-home-mom missing for a week under suspicious circumstances, had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday."

"Ramsaran, from Sheff Road in New Berlin, mysteriously vanished after her husband, Ganesh Ramsaran, a project manager for IBM, said she drove to a Syracuse mall while the couple's three young children were in school."

"Cutting said Ganesh Ramsaran has remained cooperative with investigators since the outset of the probe.
'He has not asked for an attorney, and he took a polygraph,' the sheriff said. 'He has been cooperative."

HE HAS SINCE BEEN ARRESTED FOR HER MURDER.

Very respectfully snipped to focus.

Our country, our government, the Department of Justice specifically, established a non-Amber Alert system years ago, NCMEC (National Organization for Missing and Exploited Children).

One of the things they do is issue alerts - in addition to Amber Alerts - for all missing children in our country, on the behalf of LE across the country.

It's at missingkids.com

The problem is not that we or LE don't have a non-Amber Alert system - the problem is that the knowledge that people in the public can opt in to it is not widely publicized. It's only recently that publicizing that everyone in the public can opt in to receive the Amber Alerts was publicized. I expect a similar publicity campaign for the rest of the alerts in the coming years. Meantime, we can keep telling about them ourselves.

The more people get the alerts, the more we can do to get them out across the country, more widely and quickly, via social media, email, and hand distribution.
Respectfully snipped by me for focus and BBM
I agree that there are resources out there for alert systems. The BBM is an example of how that system is not working well. People don't know to opt in or out of it, I would say that many don't even know they exist.
It goes to the old question of.....if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, did it make a sound? Well yes, it made a sound, but nobody heard it. These alert systems are making sounds, but nobody is hearing it.

I was speaking in regards to a public alert system. I lived in CO and they had tornado warning sirens, it was a regular thing to hear them. People got to the point that when the sirens would go off, they just went about their day. Too many times the sirens would sound and it was a rain storm, no indication of a tornado, but due to their requirements - the public was alerted. People got too use to hearing it and became complacent.

Does anyone know (if I remember correctly Mark was waiting for his brother to arrive) when Mark's brother arrived, did he (the brother) make any type of statement to the media or searched for Dylan?

tia

Thanks Cheese, I couldn't find it & I am assuming that one said he was cooperating, if not it would go back into Dec. as being the last time.

News releases put out the facts of their case (that they want out there) for the press & public. When they stated MR was cooperating around Jan. 5th that was a fact. Since it hasn't been mentioned since then in their news releases I take that to mean there has been a change that this is no longer a fact for some reason. :twocents:

I never thought of press releases as putting out the facts of a case, so much as giving information and updates to the public on the status of a case, and what they've been doing, and any info the public needs to be aware of, and any help or info LE is looking for from the public.

Facts of a case I see as coming from legal documents, like affidavits for arrest, charging documents, and then all the info presented at trial.

I don't mean that I don't see press releases as factual, just not as what I think of as the facts of the case, which I see as revealed when discovery is released and at trial.

That information as I see what's in press releases, I also extend to include what LE states in interviews for the news.

Do you include LE interviews in what you think of as facts of a case? So using cooperation as an example, if LE stated in an interview something about cooperation, after January, would you not count that factual?

Good conversation, Dee. Thanks.

I never thought of press releases as putting out the facts of a case, so much as giving information and updates to the public on the status of a case, and what they've been doing, and any info the public needs to be aware of, and any help or info LE is looking for from the public.

Facts of a case I see as coming from legal documents, like affidavits for arrest, charging documents, and then all the info presented at trial.

I don't mean that I don't see press releases as factual, just not as what I think of as the facts of the case, which I see as revealed when discovery is released and at trial.

That information as I see what's in press releases, I also extend to include what LE states in interviews for the news.

Do you include LE interviews in what you think of as facts of a case? So using cooperation as an example, if LE stated in an interview something about cooperation, after January, would you not count that factual?

Good conversation, Dee. Thanks.

Your right, I should have said factual information. I focused strictly on the news release as they have said he had cooperated before & the press can recycle old quotes. I don't believe I have read that he is cooperating from Feb. on. I did a google search with his name + cooperating & didn't pull up any MSM articles. I would appreciate if anyone finds one, please post.

"Cutting said Ganesh Ramsaran has remained cooperative with investigators since the outset of the probe.
'He has not asked for an attorney, and he took a polygraph,' the sheriff said. 'He has been cooperative."

HE HAS SINCE BEEN ARRESTED FOR HER MURDER.[/QUOTE]

Here's another one:

Snipped for space

Police: Keep Quiet on Blake Case

"We have certainly not ruled out Mr. Blake," said Capt. Jim Tatreau, commander of the Los Angeles Police Department's robbery-homicide division. "We have not been able to develop enough evidence that, as far as eliminating Mr. Blake, that takes us in another direction."

Lawyer: Investigation will clear Blake of wife's killing[/B]
"We want the LAPD to investigate Robert Blake because the more they investigate, they'll find out he didn't do it," Braun said.

boy, does that sound familiar! (above)

Braun said private investigators working on Blake's behalf were cooperating with police..

Robert Blake Arrested
Actor Robert Blake was arrested by Los Angeles police today, nearly a year after his wife was shot to death in the couple's car

This was about 5 days after Dylan was reported missing! So you're saying that if he looked at his caller ID and saw it was the media, he should ignore the call?

How about, "Hello media, my son is still missing! Please do every news story you can to let the public know"!!

BBM

You're right (IMO), and that very kind of thing has been (IMO) one of the stumbling blocks in this case -- that oft-mentioned elefante in the room we were talking about a few weeks back.

With MR saying things like Elaine was making too much of Dylan's disappearance, his seemingly lackadaisical response to his son being missing, not answering his phone, being reluctant to participate in public events, the inconclusive/failed polygraph, and so on, the attention was directly focused on MR, and quite reasonably so, IMO. No Amber Alert system, or variation of it, would work in circumstances like this one -- again IMO.

On the other hand, very few cases are like this one, as far as I can see -- it seems most parents now are taking the advice of Mark Klaas and others to clear themselves, cooperate, and do everything they can do to get and keep their child's face in the news. So maybe it would. I don't know.

Does anyone know (if I remember correctly Mark was waiting for his brother to arrive) when Mark's brother arrived, did he (the brother) make any type of statement to the media or searched for Dylan?

tia

I remember MR saying that his brother had arrived, but don't believe there was ever another word about it. Good question.

Listened to the show. Just have to say two things:

Tricia is amazing. I have to wonder why N*ncy Gr*ce has a network show and Tricia does not. I'm an old broad and remember the intelligence, calmness, and insightfulness Oprah did when she first started in Chicago. I heard that tonight.

All I heard from Mark was blame. Blame Elaine, Cory, LE, Brandon, K9, other people out there looking. WHY IN THE WORLD would he throw in a diss about K9 Wendy being late when he was ready at 8 am? What the heck? WHO DOES THAT????

I remember MR saying that his brother had arrived, but don't believe there was ever another word about it. Good question.

http://gazette.com/investigators-springs-teen-possibly-abducted/article/147839

Mark Redwine’s half brother <snip>, who lives in Castle Rock, said Mark declined to comment on the latest developments because they had not heard about them. <snip>is staying with Mark in Bayfield. Other family members are expected, <snip>said.

I snipped his name because I didn't want it to seem as if I was sleuthing him, but the name is in the article if you want it.

Listened to the show. Just have to say two things:

Tricia is amazing. I have to wonder why N*ncy Gr*ce has a network show and Tricia does not. I'm an old broad and remember the intelligence, calmness, and insightfulness Oprah did when she first started in Chicago. I heard that tonight.

All I heard from Mark was blame. Blame Elaine, Cory, LE, Brandon, K9, other people out there looking. WHY IN THE WORLD would he throw in a diss about K9 Wendy being late when he was ready at 8 am? What the heck? WHO DOES THAT????

Why would he allude to 'the pipe' could have been Cory's? He knew the pipe in question was the washing machine pipe. So why throw that comment in the mix?

Everything is everyone else's fault. He couldn't search at first cause LE told him to stay home, then he did but he didn't advertise it because he's not in it for the publicity like Elaine is, then it was that he was being threatened. The man has an excuse for everything and he's the type that tries to make others look bad to make himself look better. Pretty pathetic IMO.

Here's another one:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6265188
Nancy Cooper's death ruled homicide

"The last time that she [Nancy] was seen was by her husband, Brad Cooper

Police have not done a search of the Cooper's home with a warrant. They say over the last two days Brad Cooper allowed police to search without one.

Chief Bazemore said Brad has been cooperating with police, letting them search two cars Monday night and giving them a purse.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3214017/
Police search Cary woman's house, vehicles

"Brad is devastated by the news of Nancy's death," the statement read. "He has and will continue to assist in law enforcement efforts to bring his wife's killer or killers to justice."

Investigators have not named a suspect or a person of interest
in the 34-year-old mother of two's death, and getting search warrants for forensic evidence of spouses of murder victims are a routine procedure.

Brad Cooper has been cooperative with investigators and has previously allowed police to search the house, Bazemore said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3359064/
Husband arrested in Nancy Cooper's death

Here's another one:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6265188
Nancy Cooper's death ruled homicide

"The last time that she [Nancy] was seen was by her husband, Brad Cooper

Police have not done a search of the Cooper's home with a warrant. They say over the last two days Brad Cooper allowed police to search without one.

Chief Bazemore said Brad has been cooperating with police, letting them search two cars Monday night and giving them a purse.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3214017/
Police search Cary woman's house, vehicles

"Brad is devastated by the news of Nancy's death," the statement read. "He has and will continue to assist in law enforcement efforts to bring his wife's killer or killers to justice."

Investigators have not named a suspect or a person of interest
in the 34-year-old mother of two's death, and getting search warrants for forensic evidence of spouses of murder victims are a routine procedure.

Brad Cooper has been cooperative with investigators and has previously allowed police to search the house, Bazemore said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3359064/
Husband arrested in Nancy Cooper's death

Really good examples. Thanks!!

Really? LE makes a habit of saying that someone is cooperative and then they arrest them? Can you give me examples? Because all of the cases I know about an unofficial person of interest has been identified with more than one uncooperative behavior--moving away, attempting to leave the country, refusing to speak with investigators. Anyway, if you have examples of cooperative perpetrators (convicted) I'm all ears. (or eyes).

Guess there's a lot like Katydid said, here's another:

http://www.local10.com/news/Search-...man/-/1717324/10216200/-/dvsmqcz/-/index.html
Search continues for missing woman

"We've called her and called her (and) called her. We've left messages, and nothing," Torrez's husband, Cid, told Local 10's Roger Lohse on Tuesday.

"He's been very cooperative. Every time we've wanted to speak to him, he's made himself available," said Miramar police Detective Jonathan Zeller.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/l...ing-woman-s-husband-named-person-of-interest/
And later:
Missing woman's husband named person of interest

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...ilet-torrez-cid-torrez-harbour-lake-townhomes

about 8 months later:
Husband of missing Miramar woman indicted on first-degree murder charge

They have no body, no remains, no coroner's report — but after hearing the testimony of 16 witnesses on Thursday, it took a Broward County grand jury just 23 minutes to indict Cid Torrez on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of his missing wife

Originally Posted by Bayou Mistress

So I think we posted about 5 current examples of exactly that. LE officially stating the person was 'cooperative' and not a suspect, and then going on to arrest them for murder soon afterwards. I think that is exactly how LE rolls. They do not want the person to get scared and run off or do anything stupid. They want them to feel comfortable and to stick around and get sloppy. JMO

eta:

Brad Cooper, who murdered his wife Nancy....
Ganesh Ramsaran, who murdered Jennifer
Robert Blake --Arrested for wifes murder

and the 3 that Lordebee just posted

Towards the end of the show, Tricia mentions having MR and ER back on to talk after the mediation - wonder if that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500