Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our country, our government, the Department of Justice specifically, established a non-Amber Alert system years ago, NCMEC (National Organization for Missing and Exploited Children).
Respectfully snipped for space.

The disadvantage (and advantage, actually) with NCMEC is that it is not on freeway signs and not on TV or radio. For those of us who get 200+ valid emails everyday, we just scroll on by the non-priority emails, thinking we will get back to them and rarely do. When I have a deadline, I'm not taking time out to look at missing children posters right then. (I happen to run through them in the dead of night, but some people want sleep, the lazy bums....). When I see an alert on a freeway sign, I am very likely to check it as soon as I get home, because it is only one thing to look up. My friends will pay attention if their TV show has a "breaking news" banner across the bottom of it. An Amber Alert is pretty in your face. NCMEC alerts are not, and some days, I never get around to the emails.

So, to me NCMEC is not a good enough alert system for a child who had no reason to run away, had a phone and/or other communication device that went dead, was looking forward to *anything* the day he/she disappeared, all of the gear they were visiting with is missing and cannot be found in the near vicinity or with friends or family. I'd like to see something that gets thrown out there for three days, similar to an Amber Alert, a week after the missing child cannot be found. JMO.

I know we have a lot of examples of cooperative people who were later arrested, but I had to add this page.

"Trial quotes from multiple police officers testified to how truthful and cooperative Scott was when Laci went missing:"

http://www.scottpetersonappeal.org/SPA1/Trial_Quotes_2.html

BTW, this site is trying to get Scott Peterson released on appeal. I just found the page interesting.

I know we have a lot of examples of cooperative people who were later arrested, but I had to add this page.

"Trial quotes from multiple police officers testified to how truthful and cooperative Scott was when Laci went missing:"

BTW, this site is trying to get Scott Peterson released on appeal. I just found the page interesting.

it is interesting, but not surprising to hear that he was somewhat truthful or cooperative. if he hadn't been cooperative then the question would have been asked why, if he had lied about everything then it would be easier for him to trip himself up.

Thanks everyone for the examples of cooperative perpetrators. I appreciate the information.

I keep thinking about how MR referred to Elaine as "Mrs. Redwine" and all the uproar that caused. What is her legal name? Although it doesn't matter, I'm willing to refer to her as Hatfield if that is what she prefers. I noticed that Tricia refers to her as ER too. Unless I'm mistaken a person can use any name they chose as long as there is no intent to defraud or mislead.

Press releases and media articles should be considered sort of like fluff. They do not and will not tell you what all is happening behind the scenes and certainly will never say what LE really thinks about anyone in the case. They are designed to be politically-correct and general while giving the illusion of updated communication without stepping on anyone's legal rights. Don't look to media articles to give you a good inside view of a case.

I'm going to lock up this thread now as it has gone to general discussion. Please move on over the general discussion thread.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members