Support for Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales

From what I've seen very few are apologizing. To assuage their guilt, they are now blaming their repulsive comments on palace PR, saying they threw her under the bus. It's utter insanity.
When it's unlikely that "Palace PR" had anything to do with it. The palace simply doesn't have that big a PR department, and anyone who claims they do (or, like some journalists, claim the royals are "master manipulators") is making up stuff to justify their sleaze.
The ghouls forced a mother of young children to publicly reveal a life-threatening diagnosis before she was likely ready to. That's the entire story, full stop.

Agree completely. I wrote this exact thing in a PM.

IMO there’s a possibility that someone, (or as the news has said, potentially three hospital workers), attempted to breach her medical records. My speculation is that they may have been involved in her care, and perhaps someone thought that if they had documented proof that she had cancer, they could make a fortune selling this news to the British tabloids.

Of course I don’t know that for certain, but IMO it is a definite possibility.

I think Kate looked cornered. She may not have been at all ready for this, but between the abuse over the picture and the intrusion on her private records, she may have felt forced to deal with this earlier than she’d planned.

Kate certainly looked extremely pale and gaunt.

My identical twin sister had breast cancer when we were 31, way back in 1989, and I’m still not over the shock. Kate may have an army of staff to help her, but I am sure she is scared. Everyone with a cancer diagnosis is scared. So are all the family members.

As to being young for abdominal surgery, as someone posted above, in late 1981 when I was 24, I had a perforated ulcer eight days after giving birth and nearly died in the emergency room. An illness can strike at any time, unfortunately.

I agree that Prince or no Prince, William is after all a human being, and his wife AND father having cancer simultaneously is a blow to anyone. Even for a Royal.

Wishing the best to all of them. I hope Harry and Meghan do not try to worm their way in now, after how they’ve mistreated the family.

All JMO and JME.

And @IceIce9 , thank you for the thread.
With electronic medical records it can be very easy to access medical records by anyone who has access to the system, so it wouldn’t necessarily have to be someone with direct patient contact. Hospital employees including dietary workers, lab techs, nurses, nursing assistants, physical therapists, pharmacy techs, etc. can log on and find patient information.

In the United States we have HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) which has been in affect since 1996. Three parts of this act:
  • The Privacy Rule.
  • The Security Rule.
  • The Breach Notification Rule
I worked in a clinic and occasionally at a hospital for a couple of years before HIPAA and it wasn’t uncommon for private health information to be shared. Someone would ask an employee to look up information on a patient and it was often shared. For example, I remember a patient saying to one of our lab techs, “There was an ambulance at my neighbor’s home last night, can you look it up?” And with just a few keystrokes the lab tech was able to tell her that the neighbor had a heart attack, was admitted, and scheduled for a quadruple bypass.

When HIPAA became law we all had extensive training in patient privacy. You are not allowed to access any patient information unless you have a need for the information, if you are directly caring for the patient or for insurance reasons.

The electronic medical records have a feature we call “breadcrumbs” because there is an electronic trail left when you access records of any patient.

Records can be marked “Sensitive” for any patient. If you click on a patient name that is marked “Sensitive “ you will receive a pop up message that says “THESE RECORDS ARE MARKED SENSITIVE. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED?” and you will have to click again to enter. So no one can say they “accidentally” clicked on a sensitive record.

It is difficult to think what MAJOR abdominal surgery was required at her young age.....

I do fear that the latter tests after this surgery identified cancer, which makes me believe there was evidence of some type of metastasis...??...
Respectively, this is a thread supposedly in support of Kate.
Yet here is a post wondering about what exactly she has. Can't we just let it all go and wish her a speedy and full recovery? And wonder instead about missing people?

LONDON — On a crisp but sunny morning outside Buckingham Palace, the saga surrounding Kate, the Princess of Wales, had given way Saturday to a wave of warm wishes after she announced that she was undergoing treatment for cancer.

“We were all very shocked,” said Sheema Riaz, a teacher who was visiting London with her sister Shanaz, 18, and her 19-year-old brother Abdullah. "It must be difficult for her family too,” said Riaz, 29, from Leicester, a city around 100 miles north of London.

Riaz noted that it was Ramadan, the Muslim holy month, “so of course as Muslims we shall definitely be praying for all of them.”

Kate, the 42-year-old wife of Prince William, Britain’s future king, shared her diagnosis in a rare video message on Friday after weeks of speculation...

I would think having a hysterectomy is possible at 42. Maybe endometriosis and fibroids were causing issues. Many women suffer with this and then once they are done having children they opt for removal to not deal with the pain/excessive bleeding that can happen. If there are large fibroids present, I believe they would do abdominal surgery vs the less invasive way of doing a hysterectomy. That would require a lot more in the way of recovery. Then when they examine all that was removed they find that some of what they believed to be fibroids were actually cancerous.

This is just me guessing at a possibility. If she was just going in for a routine surgery and had no concern for cancer and then after the testing showed that something was in fact cancerous, it could explain why it was announced as just a surgery and time off.. then things turned once more results were back showing the cancer. The shock that must have been. :(
This is what I've thought, and the same thing happened to me. I dealt with fibroids and endometriosis for eight years before my gyn convinced me to have a hysterectomy at 45. Two days after the surgery, he gave me the grim news that a small tumor had been found encased in a fibroid. The uterine sarcoma was low grade, and subsequent scans indicated that the tumor had not metastasized. I never required treatment and had annual CTs and chest x-rays for 10 years until my physician and I determined that the annual screenings were no longer necessary. I wish beautiful Kate all the best during her recovery and hope she will not have further health issues.

Last edited:
...“My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I’m now in the early stages of that treatment,” Kate said in the video. A Kensington Palace representative said the chemotherapy began in late February.

Kate did not say what type of cancer doctors found, or how advanced it was. But cancer doctors say that in general, preventive or, more specifically, “adjuvant” chemotherapy is quite common following surgery that finds cancer.

“It’s almost like an insurance policy,” said Dr. Andrea Cercek, a gastrointestinal oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. “The person has had surgery to remove all the cancer that is visible, and then we give chemotherapy to try to eliminate or get rid of any remaining cells that might be in the body but are too small to be seen.”...

London — Kate, the Princess of Wales, and her husband, Prince William, are said to be “extremely moved” by the public’s warmth and support following her shocking cancer announcement as tributes continued to pour in Sunday from around the world.

After weeks of frenzied speculation on social media about her health and well-being, Kate said in a candid video message on Friday that she is undergoing chemotherapy for cancer following major abdominal surgery. The 42-year-old princess said the cancer discovery was a “huge shock” and she was now in the early stages of preventative chemotherapy.

“The prince and princess are both enormously touched by the kind messages from people here in the U.K., across the Commonwealth and around the world in response to Her Royal Highness’ message," a spokesperson for Kensington Palace said. “They are extremely moved by the public’s warmth and support and are grateful for the understanding of their request for privacy at this time.”...

The Wales family is reported to be staying at Anmer Hall, in Norfolk. This is within the grounds of Sandringham Estate and allows Princess Catherine and King Charles and Queen Camilla to be within a five-minute drive of each other, in a wide area that allows privacy and quiet for them all.

Ever since the day when Prince William made Catherine his bride in 2011, I've waited for Catherine, Princess of Wales, to become Queen. My little granddaughter wants to marry Prince George or Prince Louis when she grows up and sweetly pins their photos to a Pinterest folder. We adore Princess Charlotte of Wales, too.

May the rich blessing of good health be fully restored to Catherine, Princess of Wales, and mother of Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte of Wales.

Ever since the day when Prince William made Catherine his bride in 2011, I've waited for Catherine, Princess of Wales, to become Queen. My little granddaughter wants to marry Prince George or Prince Louis when she grows up and sweetly pins their photos to a Pinterest folder. We adore Princess Charlotte of Wales, too.

May the rich blessing of good health be fully restored to Catherine, Princess of Wales, and mother of Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte of Wales.

Maybe your granddaughter can become pen-pals with Prince George or Louie! You know, how they did it in the "old days"! LOL! Ya never know! :D

Maybe your granddaughter can become pen-pals with Prince George or Louie! You know, how they did it in the "old days"! LOL! Ya never know! :D

Thank you for the marvelous idea, @Niner
Imagine becoming a penpal with a handsome Prince. She and her family are attending Wimbledon in June after seeing TaylorSwift in Dublin, so her hopes are high. She's been in self-imposed "training" in case an opportunity presents itself. Queen Mary's fabulously restored dollhouse is on exhibit this summer at Windsor. There is a very tiny book in the dollhouse library signed by Queen Camilla.

Queen Mary's Dolls House - A Masterpiece of Miniature Art and Design | Visit Windsor Castle

Thank you for the thoughtful support thread, @IceIce9

I walked into the newsroom last Friday afternoon to talk with producers about the weather. A cold, snowy spring day had caused a slow morning commute, and early emerging plants and flowers were to be buried underneath a thick blanket of slush.

But when I looked up at the many TV monitors in the newsroom, nearly all had the same headline, “Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer.”

A wave of shock, disbelief and unexpected sadness washed over me. I don’t know Kate Middleton. I don’t really follow the Royals. But, in recent weeks, I’ve been somewhat drawn to the rumors and theories surrounding the whereabouts of the beautiful princess.

What seemed like a harmless curiosity at the time suddenly felt intrusive and mean.

I know what it’s like to be diagnosed with cancer when you have young children...

I walked into the newsroom last Friday afternoon to talk with producers about the weather. A cold, snowy spring day had caused a slow morning commute, and early emerging plants and flowers were to be buried underneath a thick blanket of slush.

But when I looked up at the many TV monitors in the newsroom, nearly all had the same headline, “Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer.”

A wave of shock, disbelief and unexpected sadness washed over me. I don’t know Kate Middleton. I don’t really follow the Royals. But, in recent weeks, I’ve been somewhat drawn to the rumors and theories surrounding the whereabouts of the beautiful princess.

What seemed like a harmless curiosity at the time suddenly felt intrusive and mean.

I know what it’s like to be diagnosed with cancer when you have young children...
I hope one people learn to be considerate and never joke and spread hurtful rumors about someone’s health. Americans can be so senselessly and unnecessarily cruel about those things.

I hope one people learn to be considerate and never joke and spread hurtful rumors about someone’s health. Americans can be so senselessly and unnecessarily cruel about those things.
While you are right more consideration for all people would be good, it wasn't only Americans who wondered about the long hospitalization and anticipated fairly lengthy work absence after it was announced Catherine had had a planned surgery. And in my experience, not only Americans joke about health issues in general or about the health of members of the Royal family specifically. For example, I don't think it was Americans or the American media that came up with the moniker "Princess of Pork" for Sarah Ferguson. And the non-American media used to regularly make fun of Beatrice and Eugenie's weight (even though their weights were fairly average for the general public. Everybody isn't slim!)
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike