Support for Michelle Knight

Thanks! If Michelle wants it taken down or if anyone close to her wants to take it over, I will hand it over for sure.

It's been great to see the balloon launch, prayer vigil (tonight), and Anderson Cooper reporting more on Michelle. That's great. Looks like local folks are trying to get ore done for her.

I cant even look at FB at work but Im on my phone is it the prayers and candles for Michelle page Song?

I cant even look at FB at work but Im on my phone is it the prayers and candles for Michelle page Song?

No that is another one.
Song's is the Prayers and Support for Michelle Knight one. :seeya:

This is a support thread for Michelle. Song, thank you for starting this page and I think the Facebook page is a beautiful idea as well.

Lets keep this thread for prayers and good thoughts for Michelle.

Song, on another forum, you and I do not see eye to eye on anything, but here, I completely agree with you. Michelle has been pushed to the back long enough. It's time people know that there were 3 victims, and that Michelle had been missing the longest. She was the first taken and she suffered the most abuse.

She doesn't seem to have much of a family that she can trust and relate to, so right now, the rest of the world has to be her family. We have to show her that she matters, that she's important, that she is not forgotten.

ETA: I think a page for her is a loving and thoughtful thing to do. I have "liked" it and I have posted support messages on it. And I will continue to do so. She needs to know that she is just as important and valuable as the other two victims in this case. She needs a "family" to love her and pull for her. And we are it.

Michelle,

My heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I want nothing but good things for you. God Bless you.

Ima

We're behind you here in Cleveland Michelle! No matter where the future takes you, Amanda, and Gina, there will always be a special place for all of you in our hearts.

Michelle Knight honored and celebrated with balloon release
Eighty balloons floated into the sky Thursday evening, about one block from the house on Seymour Avenue where Michelle Knight, Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry were held for about a decade.
Bells at the nearby Immanuelle Evangelical Lutheran church rang as more than 100 people attended the memorial event to honor Knight.

12713276-large.jpg

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/concerned_citizens_honor_miche.html

Michelle is in my thoughts and prayers. Such a brave and courageous woman to have endured what she has. She has a strong spirit. She might be "Shorty" but she stands 10 feet tall.

I am so glad she is being honored with balloons and people who know and appreciate her value. God Bless you Michelle.

I am praying that one day she and her family can be healed from the rift there is between them. And I'm hoping that she accepts her brother's love and support. I don't think this girl can get enough love after all she's been through.

I DESPISE facebook.
Like seriously DESPISE it.

But if I would be honored that anyone cared enough to comment support to me.
Whether it was just "someone cares about YOU too."
Or whether it was to donate money, or time, or launch balloons.

If someone cared enough to create an entire page just for me??
That would be AMAZING!
(I'm one of those people you wouldn't bother having a funeral for. No one would show up anyway.)

I feel very strongly that Amanda and Gina are NOT the only victims here.
Seriously. Michelle needs that support too. :twocents:

Please, don't take it down unless Michelle herself complains about it.
If she doesn't even know about it then it obviously isn't going to bother her.

Not to mention, it being out there might reach the right person!
These facebooks for people have resulted in serious help for people. (Houses, car, money, food, donated.)

Please, do not take it down. :please:

MsFacetious, you are a lovely soul and if websleuthers knew you had died, they would flood any funeral for you!

Michelle, the world is thinking about you. Millions are praying for you and wishing you well. You survived, honey. Don't let that man take the rest of your life. Go get it and enjoy it. You deserve a life of happiness and freedom!!

Yes Michelle, he took 12 years of your life, don't give him another minute of it. He doesn't deserve it and he will pay for what he did to you and the other girls. Take control of your life and stand proud. You are the rockstar :rockon: and he has this in his future:jail: You won the battle. You are the one who is free and he's the one in captivity now. He'll know how that feels.

Michelle must be one tough girl. I hope she finds peace and happiness now that the perpetrator is sure to be put away for a very long time.

Michelle Knight is one of the three missing women held captive for over a decade in Cleveland, Ohio. She was terribly brutalized and seems to not have as robust a support network as the other girls. Her family life before her abduction was tragic already. If any of you would like to brainstorm with me privately ways to show support (ie cards of encouragement) <modsnip>. I would like to use this page to discuss Michele Knight's case. I would also like to share a facebook support page I have created:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prayers-and-Support-for-Michele-Knight/242744432535439

Thank you.

Great, lovely job, Song.... :grouphug:

Thanks! If Michelle wants it taken down or if anyone close to her wants to take it over, I will hand it over for sure.

It's been great to see the balloon launch, prayer vigil (tonight), and Anderson Cooper reporting more on Michelle. That's great. Looks like local folks are trying to get ore done for her.

I have a fresh experience with a FB page made for support of someone's dog & will give you my feedback.
I mean no disrespect to Michelle....

If Michelle's family finds the page which they probably will; I would not hand it over. The most I would consider is one of the last 2 levels of admin roles.

If Michelle comes to the page; I would add her as the 2nd level of admin controls; not the 1st & I will tell you why.

She has been locked in hell for the last 11 years; the net was in it's infancy; not many people had computers back then. The magnitude of people the page can reach will be really over-whelming for her.

At some point; someone may want to donate money directly to her & not an advocacy group. It is better IMO to have a middle man that can control it.

With donations comes opinions. People may wonder where the donations are being spent; or how much has actually come in. They can go either way; little money or a huge amount. Problem is; people have no way of knowing either way & may word something that sounds like they're accusing "her" of "scamming"... Since her online experience is new; she will be reading with her own emotions & not someone that can read in various "tones"; such as having a good day or having a horrible day where they feel the world is against them..

We had this happen on the page I set up; my solution was to try to be transparent. We set up one site that shows how much is being donated. I also thought that people can send checks or donations directly to the university vet; but the person I made the page for didn't want the vet to get over whelmed with donations. She freaked out multiple times; threw the "F" bomb at people; removed me & everyone else as admins & deleted posts so quick that I had no clue what was going on. The person that runs the page has to be level headed & know they need to back posts up before hiding or removing so that there is record..

The person I helped is actually a really nice person but their lack of experience with pages like that made them really stressed out & people opinions changed of the person. Case in point is the men who helped the girls that day.

Song, on another forum, you and I do not see eye to eye on anything, but here, I completely agree with you. Michelle has been pushed to the back long enough. It's time people know that there were 3 victims, and that Michelle had been missing the longest. She was the first taken and she suffered the most abuse.

She doesn't seem to have much of a family that she can trust and relate to, so right now, the rest of the world has to be her family. We have to show her that she matters, that she's important, that she is not forgotten.

ETA: I think a page for her is a loving and thoughtful thing to do. I have "liked" it and I have posted support messages on it. And I will continue to do so. She needs to know that she is just as important and valuable as the other two victims in this case. She needs a "family" to love her and pull for her. And we are it.

I can't even imagine being in her shoes. I think that staying in the hospital & not giving interviews was the best decision she could make. While the other gals have a family support system; it may not be "enough" after what they suffered through.

I can relate to Michelle; my own teen life was similar with lack of family. I will say that people can change; we do not know the circumstances of her mothers relationship with her husband (or boyfriend) that was abusing Michelle's son. It's possible the mother was being abused too. The fact that her mother did go back has to say something.

From what I've read; it sounds like she made mistakes with her other kids; which we can never get into her head to find out; but Michelle had lost custody of her son; the mother says felt responsible. Michelle went missing the day of her hearing & has not been heard from again; which could also affect the mother raising her other children. We don't know. The mother thought she saw her a few years ago but Michelle did not turn around; that could have affected any efforts the mother would have with coming back to look for her. It's possible she felt it was Michelle & it made it appear Michelle did walk away. I've seen it mentioned how could her mother move; but the fact we're reading is that they believed she walked away.

We all know it was a totally different time back then; police did not take missing persons reports for adults because it's not illegal to walk away like the other woman that was recently found. Turns out she snapped & was living homeless in FL. The same could have been said about Michelle under the circumstances.

I do not consider Michelle forgotten as some of the news reports are titled or say & I really wish they would stop saying so. They are possibly doing more damage to her. I wish they would stop giving opinions on what she feels knowing the others girls were having vigils every year. Michelle was the only adult that went missing. The press needs to stop trying to get inside of her head & instead offer support & words to help her right now including saying how different things were back then. They should also use it to make others who have not heard from their loved ones to consider doing a search to make sure they are ok & not in a similar situation..

Her mother; grand mother & brother need to stop giving interviews & if they do give them; they need to keep it brief; thank you for the support; we will make sure she knows how much everyone loves her.

I'm sure it's going to be a long; hard road for all involved & everyone needs to remember that. They will need support for a long time.

Michelle; my thoughts are with you. ~Hugs

Michelle Knight, held captive since 2002, removed by Cleveland police from FBI database 15 months (11/2003) after disappearance

They were unable to contact Michelle's mother via phone to verify her status & shows they called until 11/13/03 when LE left a message saying that the file will remain invalid unless new leads turn up & on 12/1/04 a detective unsuccessfully tried calling Michelle

I assume they didn't drive there or check with the grand mother?

It says that the written policy on missing adults, (when she went missing 8/02), states an officer must go and see that a missing person has been found, then notify FBI within 2 hours for removal from the NCIC

~Snip

Pasqualini acknowledged Thursday that DeJesus' and Berry's inclusion in the NCIC database did not help law enforcement officials locate them sooner than Knight. But she said that the overall invalidation of Knight's case points to a larger systemic problem -- that missing juveniles are a higher priority than missing adults.

"If a missing person is in the NCIC system, it instantly legitimizes the case," Pasqualini said. "Had Michelle's mother called us for help, we would have had to say no."

Michelle is currently living with Gina's family. After she was discharged she went to stay with Gina's family. I think this is for the best at this time, because it will give both of them comfort in knowing they can still communicate with one another, and if things go to court they are both there for the support of each other.

Michelle

You are Amanda's Hero for saving her baby's life
You are my Hero for being there for all 3 of the girls
You are the World's Hero for being a survivor
You are LOVED across the Globe
May your life be filled with joy & happiness
My prayers are with you all!

One of the women who spent a decade in captivity may need reconstructive surgery for injuries suffered at the hands of her accused attacker, CBS Cleveland affiliate WOIO-TV reports.

Michelle Knight's grandmother, Deborah Knight, confirmed the information, telling WOIO-TV Thursday: "When she was severely beaten, he had beat her so bad in the face, she has to have facial reconstruction, and she's lost hearing in one ear."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back