Support for Michelle Knight

It seems like Gina and Amanda have moved forward, and have left the events with Castro in the past. We see them living their lives, going out, and having fun. Seeing them today, you could hardly tell the horror they experienced. I just haven't seem Michelle do the same, I know people recover and heal in the own ways, I was only worried about Michelle not being able to move on and build meaningful life.

JMO, you can never know who is moving forward and who is not........one may be more vocal but that does not necessarily mean anything.

It seems like Gina and Amanda have moved forward, and have left the events with Castro in the past. We see them living their lives, going out, and having fun. Seeing them today, you could hardly tell the horror they experienced. I just haven't seem Michelle do the same, I know people recover and heal in the own ways, I was only worried about Michelle not being able to move on and build meaningful life.

I would argue that Michelle is getting out there:

@ Castro's sentencing (8/1/13)​

@ 2207 Seymour demolition(8/7/13)​

and, in some cases, getting out there & having fun:

@ Browns game (9/8/13)​

Michelle is such a cutie pie. I wish all the best this world has to offer for her and the other women.

I think the fact that Michelle is speaking out so much proves that she has been able to move past being a victim very quickly. She recognizes that she was a victim in her childhood and then a victim of Castro, and she refuses to remain a victim. I am in awe of Michelle's ability to leave her past behind and set new goals for her future. I don't see her as being stuck in the past whatsoever.
Dealing with your past is a much more effective way to get over it than pretending like it never happened. The pretending will come back to bite you down the road.

cap%20benefit.JPG

MORE DETAILS

Thank you so much ckia 2013 for posting this clip, especially because I never would've even known this interview was coming on. When I first saw your clip I thought I missed it. Here's more:
http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com...helle-knight-to-appear-on-dr-phil-nov-5th-6th

Sorry for the big ol' font but I want to make sure no one else misses it like I almost did:

MICHELLE KNIGHT SPOKE TO DR. PHIL IN AN INTERVIEW THAT WILL AIR NOVEMBER 5th and 6th

Oh she's so tiny! Go Michelle. You're a rock star !

Michelle is a very intelligent young woman and very strong. I feel horrible for her for the stuff she has had to endure even before the kidnapping. She was just an SSI check at home and deprived of a chance to get an education. She loves her son very much. I dont know if she has gotten to connect with him but I sure hope she gets to. jmo

Michelle Knight: Why Her Son, Now 14, Will Never Know Her Identity While she was “tied up like a fish” inside Ariel’s Cleveland, Ohio home for 11 years, Michelle’s family gave her son up for adoption. He was three years old at the time she was abducted, and even though his new family provides her with photographs and updates about his life, they refuse to tell him the truth about his mother’s identity.

“I’m glad they have him, and he’s doing really well, and I’m very proud of him for all of the accomplishments that he has achieved,” Michelle told the Today Show on May 5.

Of course she does hope that one day, when he’s old enough to understand what happened to her, she will be reunited with her son.

Michelle Knight: Why Her Son, Now 14, Will Never Know Her Identity While she was “tied up like a fish” inside Ariel’s Cleveland, Ohio home for 11 years, Michelle’s family gave her son up for adoption. He was three years old at the time she was abducted, and even though his new family provides her with photographs and updates about his life, they refuse to tell him the truth about his mother’s identity.

“I’m glad they have him, and he’s doing really well, and I’m very proud of him for all of the accomplishments that he has achieved,” Michelle told the Today Show on May 5.

Of course she does hope that one day, when he’s old enough to understand what happened to her, she will be reunited with her son.

This has to be so difficult on both sides. For adoptive family and for Michelle.

I'm listening to her book on audible while I work and she really is an amazing woman, brave beyond what I could have endured, I'm only about 1/3 done but her life before was awful. I don't like Dr Phil but did watch her interview. She is an inspiration

Michelle Knight is my hero!!! I love her!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back