Support Thread: Tony & Leonard Padilla

I am so glad to see this thread was created - THANK YOU!!!

IMHO - LP has a heart as big as Texas and how can anyone fault him for wanting to believe that Caylee was alive (as I myself wanted SO badly to believe EVEN when common sense was telling a different story)?

I am tired of reading posts about "Publicity" or alterior motives. If LP wanted publicity he would have spent his 50 grand on a "sure thing" NOT something that could lead to more negative publicity. This is a smart man, he would know this...

I also agree with the comments that by his actions and words today, he is feeling defeated and IMHO that only leads me to one conclusion, he was doing this for ALL the right reasons and REALLY did believe Caylee was alive and could be found. Now he has read what the rest of us have and IMO sees that sadly, this is most likely not the case. From his interview and rections on NG tonight, I only see him as even more credible and humble.

While the majority of us don't have the means to actually go to FL and actively participate in the search for this innocent angel Caylee. It is so easy to give our opinions and pick every little comment/action apart. LP - did go to FL, he spent his own money, time, reputation etc... NOT for publicity, but to try to bring an innocent baby back home. How anyone can fault him for that or have such harsh words/reactions is something I honestly can't understand...

LP - If you're reading this - I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you're trying to accomplish. For your time and motives in helping little Caylee. TP - that goes for you too as well as the rest of the crew who are devoting their time to search for Caylee... Please don't give up, Caylee needs to be found and Justice needs to be served.

This is a thread for those who support the Padillas. No negative comments will be allowed. You can voice your opposite opinion on several other threads.

I wanted to start this thread for Tony and Leonard Padilla because I can imagine they are feeling down tonight.

Tony and Leonard were mislead by Casey IMO. I believe she told her lawyer that if she was out she would help the Padillas find Caylee.

Casey got out, and shut her mouth.

Leonard and Tony are victims of Casey's vicious lies. They join a long list of people in this world.

Tony and Leonard were mislead by Jose Baez IMO. Did he tell them not to believe any of the reports in the media about Casey's behavior? That would make sense. "Believe me, I am her lawyer, the reports are exaggerated. She is being crucified. She needs help to find her child." Can't you just hear Casey's lawyer convincing the Padillas that all the reports in the media were total exaggerations? Don't you think it is possible that Baez appealed to their heart by convincing them that all Casey needed was good people to step up to the plate and help her?

All of this is speculation of course.

No matter what, the Padilla's hearts were in the right place.

Like many of you I believed (at first) that Leonard Padilla was only looking for publicity for his new show. This is not the case.

If Leonard and Tony Padilla were shallow people they would have pulled up stakes and left as soon as those reports were released. Instead, the first thing Leonard did was go on Nancy Grace and take the heat.

Tony Padilla came to Websleuths on his own to answer the tough questions.

I know they are not perfect and I do not agree with everything they do, but I can tell they are sincere and truthful in their dealings concerning this case.

I want to thank Tony and Leonard for what they have done, for trying their best and believing what we all wanted to believe, that Caylee was alive.

It is rare in this day and age to see people admit they made a mistake. It is very refreshing to say the least.

This thread is to let the Padilla's know that not everyone wants to get in their face about the Anthony case. Many people believe in them, understand what they are trying to do, and thank them for it.

The Starfish Story
Original Story by: Loren Eisley

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?
You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said…”
I made a difference for that one.”

People like Tony and Leonard Padilla are trying to make a difference. It is refreshing to hear that these two cared enough for a sweet little girl named Caylee to open up their hearts and wallets. I believe that things happen for a reason and that the Padilla's involvement can have an impact on finding Caylee. Thank you Padilla's for showing the world that compassion and good people still exist. I would want you on my team...heck, you guys are on my team-the team that desperately wants to find a precious little girl. Bless you both for making a difference...because you have. Thank you both.

Right on Tricia. Good hearted people trying to do what they felt was right. My hat is off to them both.
Many of us just talk about what we can do, they did it.

Take care of that mike stand issue, don't let ole girl Casey get to you shake it out. Ck todays threads as I have a question, which might make ya smile awhile. Lets go give it a jacket shot. Thread 137 pg 5........

I think what this team has been trying to do is fantastic. I have read all of the statements in those documents and watched all of video and it looks really bad, not only for Casey but also for that little girl. I still am not convinced that she has died. There are certain things that do not add up with witness statements and I have some serious questions why some things just seem to stand out in Casey’s story. I would hope before your team stops looking for Caylee that you go over these documents and put a plug in all of the holes. The expense of this must be adding up and I do understand that you have a business to run. Without co-operation from Casey and the lawyer it makes is so very much more difficult to do your job but my gut tells me something is not right with this case. There has been way too much effort put into painting this family as nuts. Most people go out of their way to say as little as possible bad about somebody unless they have an axe to grind or something to hide or someone to fear. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork to do so. Just my opinion for what it is worth.
Again thank you for your efforts to find Caylee. God Speed.

Leonard, You took a stand for what you believed in and no one can fault you for that. You showed your true colors tonight - a caring human, a father, a loving spirit. You earned alot of respect from me tonight. There is still so much you can do there. Help find Caylee. Take a deep breath, a new approach, whatever it takes but bring her home.

What ever the outcome................Your actions are worth a 1000 words!

THANK YOU,
fran

I just want to let you guys know that I am sorry this is playing out this way. You were very brave to step up to the plate the way you did. I honestly thought Casey would have accepted your help with graciousness and cooperation. I am sad for you guys and I am sad for Caylee because I really saw you as her last hope and now I don't know what to think since Casey won't tell you the truth.
Hang in there:)

I believe we are all being shown a lesson with this story - we have seen dire evil and selfless good opposing each other. I hope and pray for the good guys - the Padillas have shown the world there are still caring people who do good deeds and hopefully good will triumph over evil. You have my respect and I too thank you for all you are doing. I hope that you can gather some strength from the support you find on these boards. God bless you.

Mr. Padilla, I've actually thought of contacting you since the day you came into this bizarre "Casey Anthony" case as I felt everyone was completely wrong about your motives and very unkind. I have always operated on my "gut" feelings, and they have told me from the beginning that your heart is in the right place on this case. My sense is that the rules changed, with Baez, Casey, etc., once you got to Florida and that you've been taken advantage of. Just wanted to say that I've always had confidence in you. If the child is alive I am positive that you can find her, if she is not, then you are a better person for trying. And I greatly respect the way you handle yourself and stick with your convictions, yet are willing to be flexible and realistic as the picture changes. I love your grit! Seems to me most people don't recognize, or appreciate, that in a person anymore. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that despite all the zillions of yahoos out there not appreciating your concern and efforts, there is someone (and I suspect many) who recognize true character........

I agree, these folks have been very gracious and they have helped even in different ways. One that stands out is that they helped to get TES involved. I have been aware from day jailbreak that noone seemed to even care enough to say thank you, mainly Casey. I'm not sure they were even invited to sit down for a meal there. Padillas, WE THANK YOU! CAYLEE THANKS YOU TOO! P.S. If it gets down to it, you can always pull out your generously donated bodyguards if she dont start helping!

I know that Leonard and Tony must feel defeated this morning.. to actually know they were tryiyng to help locate a missing child and then to realize they were dragged into a web of lies..

Thank you for trying to make a difference. Thank you for trying to bring lil Caylee home. Most importantly - thank you for getting involved. Many people say they want to get involved, few actually do it. Thank you.

Stepping up for the Constitution when a judge(even though I like him) abused his power to set an unreasonable bail.

Stepping up and keeping the focus on finding Caylee.

Taking the time to speak to us here and answer some questions.

For turning your BS meter on high and wading through the the talking head rhetoric.

I also feel that you should try talking to Casey. You are not bound, like LE, to speak to her only in the presence of her attorney. Give it one shot.

And last, put the hat back on when speaking to those interviewing rodents. You owe them nothing.

Take Care and good luck.

Props to Leonard Padilla. He strikes me as a sincere person. I really think his intentions were on the level and he thought Casey would really apply herself once let out of jail. I watched him on NG and felt bad that he got played by Casey. Another victim in her web of lies.
Leonard you are a class act.

I wanted to post on here in support of Tony Padilla, who I have gotten to know, and for Leonard who I feel I know vicariously.

Like Most I thought they were both nuts and were interjecting themselves into a high profile situation for the publicity. The ole- controversy of any kind is good mentality.

I still think they were crazy for getting involved because of my known opinions of how this case is going to go, and I fear for the backlash they may get because of the association.

That being said I am firm in my opinion that both LEGITIMATELY posted bond for Casey fot 2 reasons:

1)To Find Caylee, I truly believe going into this they felt strongly she was kidnapped.
2)To support the constitutionally protected right to bail of someone based on the charges pending.

Professionally, this took guts, and I respect their ideal as it relates to their business and the overall BailBonds process. They took a stand.

Personally, I believe if they have reached a point where the risk vs. reward (not monetary, Im referring to finding Caylee) is now in the deficit category, and they no longer believe their intentions can be realized, I would support they revoke her bond immediately.

It is a message that their process worked, they did what they said they were going to do for the reasons they outlined, and they no longer wanted to be associated with an investigation that is going to end differently than they anticipated.

I'm already a fan, that would make me a bigger fan if your reading this Tony..:)

Thank you both for your time and effort.

It ain't over till it's over. Yogi Berra

Thank you Padillas. For believing in the 1 percent chance that she is still alive. I think it was the right thing to do.

I too think you guys have hearts as big as Texas.

I myself don't know what to think other than Caylee is not home. I pray every day but my heart is still broken. I also can't see how anyone who knows anything is not out there shaking the branches of every tree...

A Texan

Thanks guys. You all are admired by many for trying to get to the bottom of this. I feel like both your intentions are sincere, and that your only hope was to get Caylee back. I still have faith that you all can get to the bottom of this.

I agree with the previous poster, I would want you all in my corner also!

I am sure if Caylee could thank you she would as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back