Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

Oh MY GOD! Alexis lived in SHIPMAN. Could he be that conniving?

A few other things to mention...

Someone said there were specific knots used in one or more murders. I don't recall at all which they were. Also, I read an article (wish I had a clue how I found it) that suggested investigators found similarities between one of the couple killings and the killing of two female hikers. That's the best description i can provide for now. I believe the article referred to similarities in how they were killed.
Yes, I do recall hearing that. There were other implications to it being a military person/LE involved and a strong possibility of more than one person. Bill Thomas was on here last night, his sister was one of the victims. He will know the similarities.
I'm not a sleuther of any other crimes and hope I am not sounding abrupt in my responses. (Not my intention at all) just very passionate about the Parkway cases because these crimes happened within a few miles of my home. It's never been "forgotten" by our community.

Ok- they went too fast on NG! First charge was 3/17/86 another 8/86; 4 or 5 in 1987; no mention of where...

A few other things to mention...

Someone said there were specific knots used in one or more murders. I don't recall at all which they were. Also, I read an article (wish I had a clue how I found it) that suggested investigators found similarities between one of the couple killings and the killing of two female hikers. That's the best description i can provide for now. I believe the article referred to similarities in how they were killed.

The FBI stated publicly that there were strong similarities between my sister Cathy Thomas and Rebecca Dowski's murders over Columbus Day weekend in 1986 as part of the Colonial Parkway Murders and that of Julie Williams and Lollie Winans at the Shenandoah National Park Memorial Day weekend 1996. These included the use of rope, binding, and how the throats were cut, not to mention the other similarities, including athletic lesbian couples, no robbery, no sexual assault, isolated rural locations in Virginia, holiday weekends.

Can I post what was shown on NG tonight concerning his record? Just watched it again, and she has records back to 88 or 89.

I suggested a possible Navy connection earlier tonight on the previous thread. My reasoning was, he suddenly starts popping up in the Virginia Judicial System with a Norfolk address (Norfolk Naval Base?)in his late 20's and has not stopped showing up since. No record of him in Virginia system prior to that time.
I mentioned the Colonial Parkway murders (may not be related at all) the Cheatham Annex Naval Weapons Station is located along the Colonial Parkway in Yorktown, minutes from where 2 of the murders happened and 2 additional disappearances occurred.
2 other murders related to the Parkway killings happened occurred directly across the James River Bridge from the Newport News Shipbuilding facility where the Naval aircraft carriers and subs are built and refueled.
Promise not to keep bringing those up each time, but if RAT was in the Navy I feel it's worth a second look.

The Navy/service connection does have ties to the Colonial Parkway Murders. My sister Cathy was in the second class of women to graduate from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1981. She was on active duty for five years after her graduation, the first three as an officer aboard a submarine tender home-ported in Norfolk, and then working as a protocol officer, also in Norfolk. As I understand it, the Naval Investigative Service (now NCIS) and FBI did look for connections to men and women who had attended Annapolis with Cathy, or with whom she had served in Norfolk. Cathy left the Navy in June 1986, a and was working as stockbroker in Virginia Beach at the time of her death. I am sure that if Randy Allen Taylor has a Navy background, they will check his service records out thoroughly.

I don't like typing this but I believe he is evil enough that he may have left her very close to a family members home in "Shipman." :(

The Navy/service connection does have ties to the Colonial Parkway Murders. My sister Cathy was in the second class of women to graduate from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1981. She was on active duty for five years after her graduation, the first three as an officer aboard a submarine tender home-ported in Norfolk, and then working as a protocol officer, also in Norfolk. As I understand it, the Naval Investigative Service (now NCIS) and FBI did look for connections to men and women who had attended Annapolis with Cathy, or with whom she had served in Norfolk. Cathy left the Navy in June 1986, a and was working as stockbroker in Virginia Beach at the time of her death. I am sure that if Randy Allen Taylor has a Navy background, they will check his service records out thoroughly.
Could she have been stalked and possibly followed onto the parkway? Had she ever alluded to a creepy guy approaching her?

Your sister was quite an accomplished woman! Praying for some sort of closure for all the families.

Can I post what was shown on NG tonight concerning his record? Just watched it again, and she has records back to 88 or 89.

The first one I caught was in 86... please share! Of course, they did not state where these early charges were

I remember, in the case of the couple there was something about the young man's wallet. Were there oddities similar to that with your sister's belongings?

Just mentioning the couple reminds me of the VT couple who were killed while out hiking near a State Park and then the young man more recently in the same area. Roanoke is just south of Lynchburg and North of I-40.

If many of these cases are related, then this guy doesn't have a type he is just killing any young person who suits him, male, female, homosexual, anyone in their late teens or young adulthood.

With permission, and Bessie will verify:
Before 1992- no actual dates, but over 18- as this database does not list anyone under 18. Ancestry.com

Randy A Taylor
Birth Date: 19 Jun 19**
Address: Oak Harbor, WA, 98277-8019

ETA: I checked the 1982 & 1983 Yearbook for Oak Harbor; not listed....
I checked the Ancestry website, and this information is accurate.

Thanks, momrids6!

When i see burglary charges, I think of two evil people. One is the murderer of Taylor Behl and the other is the Fairfax Rapist and man who attacked nearly a dozen women in Fairfax County just months after serving a 17 year sentence for one vicious rape. He is now serving life sentence in Richmond, VA.

This man stalked me for nearly a year and a half. Before he started calling me (unlisted phone number,) my car had been broken into but nothing appeared to be missing. He knew my name and would use it when he called. He too was brazen, even leaving messages on the answer machine...back when there was tape. He also got inside our house while I was dropping my child at pre-school.

B&E needs to be taken much more seriously because in my case, the predator started out as a peeping tom, then a stalker and finally a rapist. Fawley, Taylor's killer had several B&E charges and some believe he might be the Richmond Arsonist.

Minimum penalties need to be established for these gateway crimes...no more plea bargains! Just look at this dude. Arrest records enough for a whole football team and he never really does any time. And now, so many girls are missing.

2/6/13: Petit Larceny <$5 pickpocket... guilty
2011 DWI-- not prosecuted
concealed weapon carry--not prosecuted
nonviolent felon possession gun--not prosecuted
2010: Possession of marijuana--dismissed
2010: Violating court order...probation revolked
2008: destruction of property--not prosecuted
2004: using abusive language-- not prosecuted
brandishing firearm and stalking-- not guilty
assault -- guilty
arson -- guilty
1993: Statutory burglary-- guilty plea
Grand Larceny--guilty plea
8/25/87: Malicious injury to property
10/20/87: Assault and battery
11/3/87: Disorderly Conduct--convicted
Burglary--convicted
3/7/86: Petit larceny--convicted
9/18/86: Grand larceny--convicted

As aired on Nancy Grace HLN tonight. No locations or further dates given.

Did anyone check to see if there was geo tracking on those vine videos and Alexis' photos and tweets? Gut feeling tells me that he stalked her OL and then IRL and real time. If she had geo tracking on her pics and videos all he had to do was check and then head in her direction. The family said he was even seen on their street. Others say he was always at the Liberty and Food lion watching people. Alexis stood out in a crowd. Her Facebook page and other SM were wide open. All he had to do was know her name and high school and he could find the FB page and follow her there. If I am not mistaken, she had her other SM addresses on the FB page.

Why was he not prosecuted so much in the last several years?

2/6/13: Petit Larceny <$5 pickpocket... guilty
2011 DWI-- not prosecuted
concealed weapon carry--not prosecuted
nonviolent felon possession gun--not prosecuted
2010: Possession of marijuana--dismissed
2010: Violating court order...probation revolked
2008: destruction of property--not prosecuted
2004: using abusive language-- not prosecuted
brandishing firearm and stalking-- not guilty
assault -- guilty
arson -- guilty
1993: Statutory burglary-- guilty plea
Grand Larceny--guilty plea
8/25/87: Malicious injury to property
10/20/87: Assault and battery
11/3/87: Disorderly Conduct--convicted
Burglary--convicted
3/7/86: Petit larceny--convicted
9/18/86: Grand larceny--convicted

As aired on Nancy Grace HLN tonight. No locations or further dates given.

Okay, going back to the neck tattoos. Something struck me when I saw the skull tattoo up close. It appears there may be older scars on his neck. I have many friends who have covered scars up with tattoos. 2-3 "newer" tattoos (since previous mugshots) is significant in my opinion.

New here...

That's what I was wondering about covering old scars and as i have found that is possible to do. Scratch marks etc.

Did anyone check to see if there was geo tracking on those vine videos and Alexis' photos and tweets? Gut feeling tells me that he stalked her OL and then IRL and real time. If she had geo tracking on her pics and videos all he had to do was check and then head in her direction. The family said he was even seen on their street. Others say he was always at the Liberty and Food lion watching people. Alexis stood out in a crowd. Her Facebook page and other SM were wide open. All he had to do was know her name and high school and he could find the FB page and follow her there. If I am not mistaken, she had her other SM addresses on the FB page.

Last night on NG she asked the mother if there was evidence of communication between RAT and AM on AM's computer -- she said "no." Obviously that doesn't mean he wasn't stalking her through SM. Just throwing it out there ;)

And RE: the verification of RAT being born in WA state.... there are so many "Randy A Taylor"s out there how can we be absolutely sure he's the same one? It's a pretty common name and the FBI themselves referred to him as "Randolph."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back