CANADA Sylvia Linda Klayh 14 missing from Brereton Lake, Manitoba Aug 1967

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
Aliases: CIPRIANOVICH, Sylvia Linda
Height 168cm / 5 ft 6 in
Weight 54kg / 119lb

On August 13, 1967, Sylvia Klayh was at the family cabin in Brereton Lake, Manitoba with her father and two siblings. About 11:00 am, after a verbal disagreement between Sylvia and her father, Sylvia left the cottage without saying anything. When she did not return for lunch her father reported her missing. A ground search of the bush surrounding the Klayh's cabin failed to locate any trace of her. As Sylvia left her parents cabin on her own accord, she was initially considered a "runaway". It is possible though that she met with foul play as she never attempted to contact any of her family members again.

showImage

Noting in the article below and a couple of others found that her height is described as 5 feet, or just over 5 feet, not 5'6" as shown in other places.

newspapers.com - The Sault Star, 25 Aug 67, pg 13
1657222585208.png

I also saw a forum on tapatalk that also said a week after sylvia vanished they did a search around the klayh s cabin and found no evidence and i also found a newspaper regarding sylvia with similar info that said a man mr streitenfeld had checked the house 1 week also and I also found this photo of a woman name Elizabeth priestman that looks a lot like sylvia she has similar glasses similar hair looks like she was in her 20s and had a smile that resembled Sylvia's this woman died in 2020 I will send 2 photos for comparison. But still how sad for a 14 year old girl to be the runaway train that never came back I hope she will be found

Attachments

• Sylvia.jpg
    Sylvia.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 18
  • photo_032537_c157cab51f1f473596ef052fbd52_1_20220416.jpeg
    photo_032537_c157cab51f1f473596ef052fbd52_1_20220416.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
A rainy photo of sylvia I found

Attachments

• D40FB356-BF2B-11EE-8DA9-1294DC4D2EF9.jpg
    D40FB356-BF2B-11EE-8DA9-1294DC4D2EF9.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9
Is it possible she tried to make it to a road, or tried to make it back to her family's cabin, but become disoriented and lost in the woods?
Possibly even had an accident or fallen?
Or maybe met with a bear?

I personally think the chances of foul play are slim, and I doubt she even made it to the trams-canadian highway.

MOO.

Well since I sent that photo tho I might be possible that she is still alive and she started a new life because this woman that died in Canada and she looks like her and the woman's birthdate is 1947 Sylvia's is 1953 so either that she indeed met with foul play or the woman's just so happens to resemble her because she has the same eye glasses and hair style either way by looking at the other photo I say indeed sylvia may have found her way out of the woods at some point and started a new life. And also I found some more info regarding her too such as her birthday which is March 2 and some info that says:
Sylvia KLAYH was at the family cabin at Brereton Lake, Manitoba with her father and two siblings. Mr. KLAYH needed a rag to wipe up some varnish and he asked Sylvia to go get a rag from outside. A verbal disagreement occurred between the two and Sylvia went into her bedroom for a short time and then left the cottage without saying anything at approximately 11:00 a.m. When she did not return by 2:00 p.m. for lunch, her father became worried and reported that she was missing. Sylvia left the house wearing only a blouse, shorts and sandals. She did not take any other belongings with her. A ground search of the bush area surrounding the KLAYH's cabin was done a week after she went missing. This search failed to locate any trace of KLAYH. No trace of her has been found to date. As Sylvia left her parents cabin on her own accord, she was initially considered a "runaway". It is possible though that she met with foul play as she never attempted to contact any of her family members again. She has now been missing for 40 years.

there is a link to a forum it is kinda a old tapatalk post but with this info I hope it can shine light on her case link:Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified-Klayh,Sylvia Linda August 13,1967

Any info about her family members I saw one of her family members on a another forum but maybe they can come forward on here and see what they think about whatever happened to her maybe her siblings

I think that the other woman that looks like her is just a coincidence.
Lots of women in the 60s looked like that with the haircuts, and those style of glasses.

Well you can look her up her name is Elizabeth priestman she is buried somewhere in canada I hope they can test the bones im not expecting them to be indefied as sylvia but to me it's a high possibility It might be her idk I have a feeling its her

But I did actually find some more info saying that the area in Manitoba is easy to get lost which is true it will probably take a long time for some rescue to find you if rescue is possible but also since she ran away from home she either was abducted because a newspaper said a witness said he saw her get out of a transport truck with a person near Wawa and he said he recognized her from a newspaper and he may have contacted the girls father shortly thereafter it also says she had a aunt and grandma at the time who was in welland and may have headed for that city btw her fathers name is w.w klayh not sure what happened to him and btw you are also probably right about the woman that looks like her becuase her haircut called bangs were popular at the time.

The opening post lists an alias of 'Ciprianovich', which isn't mentioned elsewhere. What's the source of that alias? Also, did authorities ever follow up on the alleged sighting near Wawa, or the girl's relatives in Welland?

It should also be known if the girl infact ran away from home which she did she would have been trying to go back to the cabin and may have became disoriented and met with foul play shortly thereafter or she died of dehydration and her body was moved somewhere else and since she ran into the woods if would be impossible for her to tell east to west and she if she was sweating she was possibly causing a scent trail I think they should search the forest again for her glasses and remains in case they are there but still she may have died after leaving her cabin its been almost 57 years.

The opening post lists an alias of 'Ciprianovich', which isn't mentioned elsewhere. What's the source of that alias? Also, did authorities ever follow up on the alleged sighting near Wawa, or the girl's relatives in Welland
Well the source of that surname is unclear because I've seen it too the rcmp or the crimestoppers canada probably managed to contact her family to ask them to give some info about her surname and aliases and for the sightings it's unknown if they did a follow up and also for the aunt and grandma they may have questioned them at some point during the investigation I'm not sure what happened to them afterwards they're probably living somewhere else.

Imma probably get her on the charley project they do international cases too such as Jamaica and Canada and more

I also saw a forum on tapatalk that also said a week after sylvia vanished they did a search around the klayh s cabin and found no evidence and i also found a newspaper regarding sylvia with similar info that said a man mr streitenfeld had checked the house 1 week also and I also found this photo of a woman name Elizabeth priestman that looks a lot like sylvia she has similar glasses similar hair looks like she was in her 20s and had a smile that resembled Sylvia's this woman died in 2020 I will send 2 photos for comparison. But still how sad for a 14 year old girl to be the runaway train that never came back I hope she will be found

nose and chin are different IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back