CANADA Sylvia Linda Klayh 14 missing from Brereton Lake, Manitoba Aug 1967

Noting in the article below and a couple of others found that her height is described as 5 feet, or just over 5 feet, not 5'6" as shown in other places.

newspapers.com - The Sault Star, 25 Aug 67, pg 13
View attachment 353219
Well since I sent that photo tho I might be possible that she is still alive and she started a new life because this woman that died in Canada and she looks like her and the woman's birthdate is 1947 Sylvia's is 1953 so either that she indeed met with foul play or the woman's just so happens to resemble her because she has the same eye glasses and hair style either way by looking at the other photo I say indeed sylvia may have found her way out of the woods at some point and started a new life. And also I found some more info regarding her too such as her birthday which is March 2 and some info that says:
Sylvia KLAYH was at the family cabin at Brereton Lake, Manitoba with her father and two siblings. Mr. KLAYH needed a rag to wipe up some varnish and he asked Sylvia to go get a rag from outside. A verbal disagreement occurred between the two and Sylvia went into her bedroom for a short time and then left the cottage without saying anything at approximately 11:00 a.m. When she did not return by 2:00 p.m. for lunch, her father became worried and reported that she was missing. Sylvia left the house wearing only a blouse, shorts and sandals. She did not take any other belongings with her. A ground search of the bush area surrounding the KLAYH's cabin was done a week after she went missing. This search failed to locate any trace of KLAYH. No trace of her has been found to date. As Sylvia left her parents cabin on her own accord, she was initially considered a "runaway". It is possible though that she met with foul play as she never attempted to contact any of her family members again. She has now been missing for 40 years.

there is a link to a forum it is kinda a old tapatalk post but with this info I hope it can shine light on her case link:Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified-Klayh,Sylvia Linda August 13,1967

Was Sylvia's mother deceased? I notice there's no mention of her anywhere.

Was Sylvia's mother deceased? I notice there's no mention of her anywhere
It's unknown really not sure if she was involved with Sylvia's life unless she had a stepmom or her mom was living somewhere else and was either divorced idk much about her family all i know is that i saw one her family members on another forum saying she was distant from them when she vanished.

It's unknown really not sure if she was involved with Sylvia's life unless she had a stepmom or her mom was living somewhere else and was either divorced idk much about her family all i know is that i saw one her family members on another forum saying she was distant from them when she vanished.
It would be interesting to know whether Sylvia and her stepmom got along. If they didn't, Stepmom might cover for Dad. Also, surely someone interviewed Sylvia's mother. That would give insight as well. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back