Tammy & Sidney Moorer plan to file Civil Suit in federal court, Heather Elvis case, Feb 2019

Could Sidney Moorer’s trial location be on the move? State asks judge to consider change

JUNE 14, 2019

"Sidney Moorer’s upcoming kidnapping trial could be held in Horry County if a request from prosecutors is granted.
State prosecutors asked for the trial to return to Horry County as part of several recently filed motions by attorneys in the case. Moorer, defense attorneys and state solicitors are scheduled to be in an Horry County court next week to discuss the case. Moorer faces a potential fall trial for his alleged role in Heather Elvis’ 2013 kidnapping...."

Could Sidney Moorer’s trial location be on the move? State asks judge to consider change

Really reaching to keep the truth unknown to the jurors! She worked at Tilted Kilt, had 'friends' there, and met the perp there, I see no reason to reject any testimony from her coworkers! Likewise there is evidence that Heather was pregnant. Without HER being here to testify to that, the court must rely on her closest friends, family, coworkers, to tell Heather's story! That's evidence, whether the Moorers like it or not!

I rarely make a post, but I've been following this case (through all of you awesome posters) since day one, and the ensuing 3 ring court procedures (got some other names for them but it would be a TOS) the Moorer's continue creating by this civil suit.
I have no idea how a civil hearing works, will the Moorer's be required to take the stand?

My heart really goes out to Elvis family, and also to the Moorer children, those children are the innocents in all of their parents actions.
JMOO

I am looking forward to Friday - I can't wait to see what a circus this is going to be and see the M's attorney in "action". I know this has probably been answered before in the threads, but are the M's really that well known in Horry County that they could think it's a conspiracy with the police, and all those involved, to give the M's a bad name and accuse them of something they "didn't do"?? Who do they think they are? Why would the M's be the target of something like this?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I just wonder why they think they can spin this the way they are planning to!

The family is planning a rock garden party on June 30 (Heather's birthday) at the boat landing beginning at 6:30 p.m.

People are asked to buy rocks from Comeback Rental at 4880 Dick Pond Road, bring the rocks to the landing and paint them in memory of loved ones and the Community United Effort (CUE) Center for Missing Persons.

Proceeds from purchasing the rocks June 24-28 will go to CUE, which conducts searches for the missing.

Before Heather Elvis’ birthday, family braces for court again

I ran across this just now and thought I'd pass the articles along:

Moorer’s attorney delays filing federal civil lawsuit due to upcoming retrial
Moorers' attorney: Lawsuit will be filed as long as I'm still alive

The upshot is that he's delaying the civil suit until after Sidney's trial.

I must say, the lawyer (Poston) sounds really weird. From one of the links:
"There is certainly reasonable doubt as to whether Mrs. Moorer or he had any involvement whatsoever in Heather’s disappearance. In fact, we are 100% certain of their innocence," he said. "This deduction is the result of extensive hours of investigation, a detailed review of thousands of pages of documents and files that the public has never seen and which were selectively and suspiciously absent from either of Mr. Moorer’s previous two trials or Ms. Moorer’s trial."
I've never heard an attorney speak like this and I have a ton of family who are lawyers. Someone take his thesaurus away!

I ran across this just now and thought I'd pass the articles along:

Moorer’s attorney delays filing federal civil lawsuit due to upcoming retrial
Moorers' attorney: Lawsuit will be filed as long as I'm still alive

The upshot is that he's delaying the civil suit until after Sidney's trial.

I must say, the lawyer (Poston) sounds really weird. From one of the links:

I've never heard an attorney speak like this and I have a ton of family who are lawyers. Someone take his thesaurus away!

Snip of lawyer's statement from your link:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If I wanted public admiration, respect, and free positive publicity, I wouldn’t be representing people who far too many falsely believe to be kidnappers and murderers.

More like:

If I wanted public admiration, respect, and free positive publicity, I wouldn’t be making *advertiser censored* music videos.

So Poston found the answers to what happened to Heather in the Mrs. giant bin of "discovery" that she kept pushing at her trial .. my question is .. why did her attorney's then not "discover" the truth and wouldn't they have to hand this junk over to the prosecution beforehand?? So the retrial, is just the same evidence as his previous trial, just being done over, correct? I just want to be sure I have all this straight because if all the new stuff comes out in the civil case, I don't want to miss that circus!!!

IMO, the Moorer's new attorney sounds like he needs a mental health evaluation.

Seriously, the nutbags continue to come out of the wood works in this case. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the legal community right now to hear what is being said about Poston. Do we really believe he is receiving terrorist threats? In my mind I can see him encountering a little old lady at the grocery store who attends Heather's parents church. She kindly states her POV and asks him to reconsider representing the Moorer's (terrorist threat) :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back