Tatoos and other possible "messages"

At the moment, I saw him crying, I felt bad for him a little. Not saying I still do, especially if he's responsible in some way, which I believe he is. Weak moment on my part I guess.

Ever since I watched that interview earlier today, I've had an earworm [song stuck in my brain] -

Cell phones ring,

Are ya listening?

[To Johnny Mathis' "Sleigh Bells" tune.]

A headless rat was placed in the mailbox of Hank Croslin Jr as a message that could easily be perceived as an attempt at witness intimidation.

I don’t understand the lack of action in regards to Ronald and Misty by LE. They apparently don’t feel they have enough evidence to arrest anyone for the crime against Haleigh, but unless postage was applied to this headless rat’s carcass, placing it in a mailbox is a FEDERAL crime:

Mailboxes are protected by federal law, and crimes against them and the mail they contain are considered a federal offense.

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/localnews/ma/ma_2007_1010a.htm

Placing ANYTHING in a US Mailbox intended for residential mail, without paying postage on it, is a federal offense with serious penalties. You may own your own mailbox, but the federal postal service has exclusive jurisdiction over what can be done to it or put into it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091012181854AApXDs6

The penalties are potentially severe:

Violators can be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned for up to three years for each act of vandalism.

http://www.bgky.org/crimestoppers/cotwdetail.php?id=162

LE didn’t seem to have a problem arresting Hank Croslin Jr. and placing him under a $50,000.00 bond for allegedly stealing an old gun. The gun had already been returned to the owner and apparently the State’s only witness is a blind, elderly man. In the rat issue the State has:

- An eyewitness to the crime being committed:

A witness who lives nearby gave deputies a written statement about what she saw the previous night. In her statement, the woman wrote that she saw Cummings driving his truck and saw him slow down in front of Croslin's house. Then, she said, he appeared to put something into the mailbox.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...ad-accused-of-putting-headless-rat-in-mailbox

- An admission of guilt from Ronald Cummings stated to a man who has received a Presidential Award from a sitting President of the United States, AND confirmed by a well respected attorney:

Tim Miller, director of Equisearch, the non profit search outfit dedicated to finding the missing who arranged the polygraph, hypnosis and a voice stress test for Misty, tells me in an exclusive interview that Ronald admitted he planted the rat –with Misty......

Another well respected attorney confirmed he heard Cummings relate the same story.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/15...ate-haleigh-case-break-coming-soon/#more-2897

- An explanation of his motive for the crime:

— as his own test of truth, “He said he wanted to see how good Misty could lie to the police”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/15...ate-haleigh-case-break-coming-soon/#more-2897

What else could a Prosecutor ever dream of needing for a conviction?

Someone knows the truth about what happened to Haleigh. IMO, lock these two up for a serious crime that apparently HAS the necessary evidence for conviction and see if the truth doesn't finally come out.

The Federal Crime of mailbox tampering and the punishment is a slap on the wrist. However, intimidation of a witness carries a good penalty. The charge was going to be Intimidation but AFAIK, misty told LE they were not at that house as they were in Welatka in the trailer, partying.

I suppose the one witness is not good enough who saw the truck because Misty stating they weren't there causes reasonable doubt. If she indeed stated this, she is awfully good at what she does.

If the State feels it fits into Haleigh's disappearance, they won't prosecute it, IMO. If they separate the facts and charge him with intimidation, though, because of the fight and Tommy called LE, I see no reason why they haven't gone forward...because the charge has nothing to do with Haleigh, if they leave it that rc did this because Tommy called LE on him.

What bothers me about this is LE showed up ASAP to GMA Sykes looking for R & M and Sykes told LE that they were in St. Augustine. Four hours later, rc calls LE and says he will only talk to Merchant about this.....sure enough...rc got what he wanted and Merchant met him later at the house in Welatka. By this time, rc had an attorney also, so who knows what he told Merchant about the Rat.

I understand that mailbox tampering is a slap on the wrist in the big scheme of things, but lock these two up for even this relatively short amount of time (3 years max) and it will seem like an eternity to either one of them.

As to mailbox tampering vs intimidating a witness, one is not exclusive of the other. IMO, get them off the street with whatever works and the truth will come out.

The Federal Crime of mailbox tampering and the punishment is a slap on the wrist. However, intimidation of a witness carries a good penalty. The charge was going to be Intimidation but AFAIK, misty told LE they were not at that house as they were in Welatka in the trailer, partying.

I suppose the one witness is not good enough who saw the truck because Misty stating they weren't there causes reasonable doubt. If she indeed stated this, she is awfully good at what she does.

If the State feels it fits into Haleigh's disappearance, they won't prosecute it, IMO. If they separate the facts and charge him with intimidation, though, because of the fight and Tommy called LE, I see no reason why they haven't gone forward...because the charge has nothing to do with Haleigh, if they leave it that rc did this because Tommy called LE on him.

What bothers me about this is LE showed up ASAP to GMA Sykes looking for R & M and Sykes told LE that they were in St. Augustine. Four hours later, rc calls LE and says he will only talk to Merchant about this.....sure enough...rc got what he wanted and Merchant met him later at the house in Welatka. By this time, rc had an attorney also, so who knows what he told Merchant about the Rat.

They were in St. Augustine BECAUSE that's where the lawyer is, correct?

Wait, I guess I need a timeline or diagram of the whole Rat$hit stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back