Tax Stimulus Rebate

The link isn't working for me, kept getting an error message after entering our info and clicking. I talked to our accountant to verify I didn't make a mistake with the entries and I didn't. Went back to the IRS web page and this link was just added to their site today (you are GOOD and FAST), there must be a kink in it. Has it worked for anyone else? Especially the other's whom haven't received their stimulus yet? We filed our taxes in late Feb.

I tired My husbands and I and it kept saying I was making a mistake

so tried my Daughters
and hers came right up and said
it would be deposited on May 6

well dang!....i'm sorry it's not working for you folks...it worked fine for me & stated our rebate will be deposited tonight, after midnight.....hmmmm

I keep getting this message. We are sorry, but we cannot provide the status of your Stimulus payment. I have tryed it with 3 diffrent ssn#.
Says the same thing to me also...and to my boyfriend. I think something is messed up with it.

I don't know. Last week when I checked it said it would be deposited on the 12th now it's saying the 16th. I'm not complaining though because this is unexpected money so whenever I get it I will be happy! :)

How did it get bumped??

Says the same thing to me also...and to my boyfriend. I think something is messed up with it.

I also got the same message. We were scheduled for a later direct deposit originally, hopefully it will stick with that schedule. We were hoping it would come earlier though!

Thanks for the links!

A little off topic, but we are waiting for our tax refunds too, and they are much later than the preparer said they would be. Anyone else?

Eve

well dang!....i'm sorry it's not working for you folks...it worked fine for me & stated our rebate will be deposited tonight, after midnight.....hmmmm

It worked for me too, but it told me that I get mine on May 2nd - didn't say anything about midnight though?! If true - find me at the nearest 24/7 WalMart at 12:30 tonight!! :woohoo:

It worked for me too, but it told me that I get mine on May 2nd - didn't say anything about midnight though?! If true - find me at the nearest 24/7 WalMart at 12:30 tonight!! :woohoo:

sorry, i made that sound like the site stated "after midnight".....but since the date is May 2nd, the rebate WILL show up after midnight tonight, on your acct:)

gosh, i'm glad it worked for someone, lol.....

A little off topic, but we are waiting for our tax refunds too, and they are much later than the preparer said they would be. Anyone else?

Eve

We got ours early, but we filed earlier than normal for us this year. Still it was later than we expected, always is, by weeks. Direct Deposit really does speed it up though.

Eve

Refund, what's a refund ?
:crazy:
I miss those days.
These days we usually file an extension because we have to pay every year. Not this year though, we paid on time because they won't send the rebate if you haven't filed yet.

Refund, what's a refund ?
:crazy:
I miss those days.
These days we usually file an extension because we have to pay every year. Not this year though, we paid on time because they won't send the rebate if you haven't filed yet.

Yeah, Jod-
First time we've not had to pay in years - it was a strange and hard year but the refund makes me forget the financial pain of it a little!

I just checked and our rebate is scheduled for May 2. I'm taking my dd on a college visit tomorrow overnight, so yee-haw! It will really come in handy!

Eve

Yeah, Jod-
First time we've not had to pay in years - it was a strange and hard year but the refund makes me forget the financial pain of it a little!

I just checked and our rebate is scheduled for May 2. I'm taking my dd on a college visit tomorrow overnight, so yee-haw! It will really come in handy!

Eve
Great news Eve :woohoo: :woohoo: at least you will have it in time for the trip.
We did the old snail mail and ours is due somewhere in JULY...... going to pay off medical bills anyway, we're just happy to get it to help with the bills.:)

This sounds really stupid, but I don't quite understand this from the IRS link above:
Remember, in order to qualify for the Stimulus Payment, you
must have filed your 2007 tax return more than 6 weeks ago.

We filed in the beginning of April (direct dep). This seems to be saying you had to file by the middle of March! Am I reading this wrong? I thought the rebate would come to you as long as you filed your taxes by 4/15/08.

icon_53.gif

Ok well I wonder what happens if you have one of those emerald cards from H and R block thats what our refund went on.

I also got the same message. We were scheduled for a later direct deposit originally, hopefully it will stick with that schedule. We were hoping it would come earlier though!

Thanks for the links!

Yeah, I think for those of us getting an error message, we aren't processed yet so we better be patient.

Yeah, I think for those of us getting an error message, we aren't processed yet so we better be patient.
No, I already got my refund for this year, so I know I have already been processed, but I am still getting an error. :confused:

I have to agree with you. We filed back in February, our taxes have been done and satisfied for a while now. I think there must have been a snag in the system when this early arrival was announced and it just wasn't as fast as they anticipated it would be. The first time I had heard about it on the news it almost seemed like they figured direct deposits would be done this week- even retailers are advertising specials related to the tax stimulus. Oh well, I can't spend what isn't here!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back