Teen flies to Hawaii hidden in landing gear

I think it would be good to read about Somalia which is in utter chaos.

Then read about Ethiopia. I am so thankful that I cannot understand what this life would be like. i cannot understand because to imagine it in the tiniest is too painful.

Luck that I was born where I was .

Posted: 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014
By Briana Altergott
Video transcript provided by Newsy.com
Remember the teen who miraculously survived a flight from California to Hawaii by tucking himself in the wheel well of a jet? That was in April, and now he's finally talking publicly about his experience.
more at link: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/natio...nt_internallink_relatedcontent_2014_partners1

thanks for the link

I was absolutely delighted to hear that this young teen was finally able to talk to his mom on Tuesday by phone! Bet there were lots of tears on her part.

from your link

"Abdi told police he did it all to track down his birth mother, who the Daily Mail says lives in a refugee camp in Ethiopia. The teen reportedly spoke to her on the phone for the first time Tuesday"

He seems like a good boy. I'm glad to see he's going to live with his aunt, obviously there is something going on that his father's home is not a good option.

He seems like a good boy. I'm glad to see he's going to live with his aunt, obviously there is something going on that his father's home is not a good option.
Yeah, I was siding with the father at first, but now I'm wondering why the boy was put in foster care. It does seem a bit extreme to tell him his mother was dead, unless he thought that the boy would run away if he knew she was alive. But to not speak to her for 8 years???

Yeah, I was siding with the father at first, but now I'm wondering why the boy was put in foster care. It does seem a bit extreme to tell him his mother was dead, unless he thought that the boy would run away if he knew she was alive. But to not speak to her for 8 years???

I would think telling your kid that his mother is dead when in fact she's alive is pretty abusive emotionally.

Abuse physical or emotional is all about power and control.

I think there's a lot to it, and it must be legit because DHHS has not forced a reunification, even barring the father from communication with the boy. Jmo. As far as I can tell, the father has not seen or spoken to Yahya since he ran away.

bumping this story up just in case anyone knows of new developments as in was his mother reunited with him in the US?

last we heard of course he's gone to live with an ''aunt''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz