Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a0b518-ca31-11e2-8da7-d274bc611a47_story.html

There was also a Massachusetts state police officer in the room at the moment of the Orlando shooting, but he did not fire his weapon. Another state trooper and an Orlando police department officer were just outside the apartment, the officials said.

Todashev had not been arrested, but the officers had begun to discuss bringing him in because of the confession he had started to write.

FBI shootings are rare. In a 17-year period, ending in 2012, there were nearly 200 shootings, according to news reports, but it was unclear how many of those shootings resulted in deaths. Over the past year, there have been at least five fatal shootings involving the FBI, including one that took place during the rescue of a young child being held hostage in Alabama, according to reports.

She is described as an estranged wife, and Mr. Todashev is described as having a girlfriend. So how does his wife know who he did or didn't talk to?

Do we know if the girlfriend was questioned? The wife makes it sound like they had little spats and would split up for a couple of days and then get back together, but she lived in another state, and holds down a job there. Doesn't sound like they were too close.

Do we know if the girlfriend was questioned? The wife makes it sound like they had little spats and would split up for a couple of days and then get back together, but she lived in another state, and holds down a job there. Doesn't sound like they were too close.

Last I read, girlfriend was held on immigration violation.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...iew-florida/CLZiJhaoJFn86bS1VOdNZK/story.html

partial description of the Todashev apt,by wife, including a sword hanging on the wall.
She didn't even live in the same state that he did. How does she know what he was or wasn't doing, or whom did he talk to?
She can talk on and on about his knee injury. He couldn't have possibly tried to attack the agent because of his bad knee? Really? That bad knee didn't stop him from being charged with aggravated battery, and the victim was described as being found unconscious.

I posted a link a few posts ago from someone who is former FBI.
He said it plainly.

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, formerly a deputy director at the FBI:

Addressing the questions regarding reasonable use of force in the standoff that led to Todashev's death, Miller said, "I was trained in the FBI policy on use of force ... the standard is if you believe you or your partner or somebody with you is going to be the victim of either serious bodily harm or possibly death, you have the right to use deadly physical force."

http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?catid=57587019&feed_id=30&videofeed=null
nice link thanks

I don't see why people don't understand this, or find fault with it.

It's realy all so very simple. If you do not want to be shot and possibly killed you never attack a person who has a badge, a gun and the legal backing to use it.

Reading the last few pages.. is tinfoil on sale?

She didn't even live in the same state that he did. How does she know what he was or wasn't doing, or whom did he talk to?
She can talk on and on about his knee injury. He couldn't have possibly tried to attack the agent because of his bad knee? Really? That bad knee didn't stop him from being charged with aggravated battery, and the victim was described as being found unconscious.

That "bad knee" keeps coming up, doesn't it? We know he was fully capable of engaging in a fight, bc of the arrest and aggravated battery charge. We know the man was found unconscious, so he was still fully capable of a knockout punch even with a "bad knee", if there even was one. He must have really talked up that "bad knee" to his father and estranged wife.

nice link thanks

I don't see why people don't understand this, or find fault with it.

It's realy all so very simple. If you do not want to be shot and possibly killed you never attack a person who has a badge, a gun and the legal backing to use it.

Reading the last few pages.. is tinfoil on sale?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...n-for-the-killing-of-ibragim-todashev/276421/

What really confounds me about this account is the part where Todashev allegedly ran at the agent "with a metal pole" that "might have been a broomstick." If he was running with a large object in his hands when killed, how is there any doubt about what the object is? Anyone could just look at the dead guy and see what was in his hands, right? Or examine the stuff in the evidence locker. Pole or broomstick? This source doesn't know. It's also quite a feat to be shot, struck, knocked backward, and charge again toward a gun, especially for a guy who, according to his friends, was in recovery from leg surgery. And, of course, it's odd that this latest story is so different from the previous ones that have leaked out. A knife, a samurai sword, a metal pole, and a broomstick don't seem like objects that would be confused for one another.

Finally, this account has a police detective who ostensibly sees the table overturned, sees the FBI agent get injured, sees Todashev attacking with a poll, sees the injured agent draw and fire his gun as he tries to get up, sees Todashev knocked back and rushing forward again... but never fires his own weapon.

Why?

Can anyone read Russian?

http://vk.com/id5822070

ETA: I am wondering specifically about the May 9 visit he supposedly made to see her.thx

Manukyan said she last saw her husband on May 9 in Atlanta when he came to tell her he was about to fly back to Chechnya

again, not sure how he was going to do that since he was out on bond, but apparently that was his story to her.

She said IT was with her in GA on Sept. 11th 2011.

I couldn't tell you where mine was on that day. That's for sure. How can anyone remember a certain day almost 2 years later unless something monumental happened.

I call BS on that story.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...iew-florida/CLZiJhaoJFn86bS1VOdNZK/story.html

Manukyan, who emigrated to the United States from Russia in 2006, met Todashev through his roommate in Boston, another Chechen man, in May 2010. Two months later, the two were wed at a Boston area mosque.

The couple then moved to Georgia, but Todashev returned to Boston in the summer of 2011. In September 2011, she said, her husband rejoined her back in Atlanta and the two then moved to Orlando.

Exactly, they are highly trained for these situations. IT was unarmed, yes he may have become aggressive and violent, no argument there, but LE are trained to apprehend someone especially if they are clearly unarmed. That is why an internal investigation is expected and warranted. It makes little sense, that you would be interrogating someone will POSSIBLE weapons in sight, whether it be knife or pole etc, and not take prior appropriate cautions, with at least 5 to 8 LE men in an apartment.

I agree with you, CuriousGrace, that this internal investigation is necessary. But, based on IT's experience in his fighting competitions, I disagree with your assessment that he may have, in any way at all, been unarmed. IIRC, professional boxers have been considered "armed" at all times because their hands are considered lethal weapons. Even if IT would not qualify, legally, on the same level as professional boxers, the officers that were there for that investigation would have probably considered him on the same level ~ "armed."

Can anyone read Russian?

http://vk.com/id5822070

ETA: I am wondering specifically about the May 9 visit he supposedly made to see her.thx

again, not sure how he was going to do that since he was out on bond, but apparently that was his story to her.

I didn't see much mention of him at all on that page, but that's only from what was already translated. I did see where she stated that she hates America and that was back in 2010. A couple radical videos were posted and now she is saying that the brothers that bombed Boston is a set up.

I have to wonder why someone that comes here from another country and hates our country, chooses to stay instead of return home.

partial description of the Todashev apt,by wife, including a sword hanging on the wall.

From your link:

She and Taramov have also noted that Todashev was recovering from a knee injury incurred in a mixed martial arts fight, which they believe would have made him incapable of charging the agent.

Question...
But he was able to beat the carp out of a man in a parking lot a few weeks before?
That makes no sense at all.

Russian FSB describes its Tsarnaev letter to FBI

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8c7f3e-ca30-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

The six congressmen met with senior Federal Security Service (FSB) and counterintelligence officials Thursday, Rep. William R. Keating (D-Mass.) said Friday, and saw a copy of a letter Russian officials said they sent to the FBI in March 2011 that provided details about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the bombing suspects.

This is my favorite sentence.

The up-close look at Tsarnaev’s life raised questions, which went unanswered, about how the FSB had accumulated so much information about a family in Boston.

I think instead of worrying how FSB accumulated so much information, they should be worrying why FBI ignored this warning and decided he was no threat. It's kind of pathetic when the whole another country knew more about TT than FBI did, and even when warned, they couldn't find anything on him.

I find the fact they knew so much about his life here very interesting. I'd like to know how that information was gathered.

And, the FBI says they asked for more info, a follow up, and received nothing.

The FSB didn't even know he was back in their country. Seems they were more "on top of" what was going on here than in their own yard.

JMO

Russian FSB describes its Tsarnaev letter to FBI

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8c7f3e-ca30-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

The six congressmen met with senior Federal Security Service (FSB) and counterintelligence officials Thursday, Rep. William R. Keating (D-Mass.) said Friday, and saw a copy of a letter Russian officials said they sent to the FBI in March 2011 that provided details about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the bombing suspects.

This is my favorite sentence.

The up-close look at Tsarnaev’s life raised questions, which went unanswered, about how the FSB had accumulated so much information about a family in Boston.

I have so many questions! Russia is saying that TT was radicalized here but by whom? Certainly if they can make that statement then they know more. What was he doing for the 6 months he was back there?

I said along time ago we need to worry about who is already here wishing to do us harm but every time they try and implement measures there is a huge outcry about violation of rights. There has to be a line placed somewhere when it comes to protecting our country and we should work with other countries to identify threats no matter where they are in the world.

I don't know that I would use the word denial (not in the sense that they really believe TT & DT didn't do this) to describe the parents and wife of DT and TT. I contribute some to the mother, because she is radical as well. She could have chose to guide her son TT in a loving manner and discouraged negative radical behavior, but I don't see that scenario at all. The parents didn't have to leave the younger son in his care.

I can't point my fingers at the FBI or anyone other government entity when there is no information yet. The media is giving the family and other radicals a platform to speak which will only encourage more radical action from all the BS floating around. The unnamed source is beyond ridiculous. It makes you wonder how well they check out their sources before they print something, considering there have been so many different conflicting statements.

There will be a thorough investigation done as there always is, but I really doubt that no matter what evidence is revealed there will always be skeptics. Even when the whole thing is recorded on video in addition to all the other mounting evidence the parents, wives and friends will still try to do everything they can to make the US look bad.

I have so many questions! Russia is saying that TT was radicalized here but by whom? Certainly if they can make that statement then they know more. What was he doing for the 6 months he was back there?

From a NYT article in April:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...rlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

“He certainly wasn’t radicalized in Dagestan,” the landlady, Joanna Herlihy, said.

Ms. Herlihy, who speaks Russian and was friends with the Tsarnaevs, said she told law enforcement officials that his trip clearly merited scrutiny. But she said that Mr. Tsarnaev’s embrace of Islam had grown more intense before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes